Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Archetypal Patterns in Nature

An interesting article at MSNBC news website that may have a relationship to Jung's archetypes. It is about the birdlike carnivoreous dinosaur found in South America. Until recently it was thought that dinasours only roamed the North American and Asian continents and not in South America. An interesting part of the debate is about long ago did they start their evolution. Was it before the giant land mass called Pangea separated into two major continents {some 200 million years ago} as the article implies, or did they evolve separately? The article reads:

Odds being against such striking parallel evolution, paleontologists speculate that dromaeosaurs likely originated more than 180 million years ago, before Pangea broke apart.

But the evry next paragraph states this:

The newly discovered fossil also shows that the creatures developed slightly different characteristics after they split up.

Slight differences could very well be as a result of slightly different environments, Darwin has proved that fact in his theory of Evolution. But if Jung is right about the imprintation of archetypal behavior which is inherent in all humans, then the idea that these dinosaurs evolved separately but almost a like is very plausible. Nature has established a set of patterns that rule the natural world, the natural universe. And if all things in our nature are connected as suggested by Darwin {as did Albert Einstein}, then the idea of archetypes as Jung proposes makes all the sense in the world. And that these birdlike dinosaurs did evolve separately and alike because they have an inherent connection. Defusion is not the only real possibility to explain the similiarities.

When we look our dreams and the possibilty that Jung is quite correct in his assessments of archetypes, then by employing his hypothesis we can understand our dreams. We have a roadmap already laid out for us and we need only understand the relationship. By studying Jung's many works, not just dreams but alchemy, gnosticism, his psychology, his many works you will be able to understand the dream and give a proper interpretation. Not just archetypal dreams but all dreams. The intuitive self will begin to understand the personal metaphorical relationships also. You do not interpret dreams, you begin to read dreams. We have Jung to thank for this.

But before anyone tries to tackle the most difficult writings of Jung I strongly suggest you start with Joseph Campbell. His Power of Myth is power stuff and is a good place to start. It is powerful in what it has to say, if you listen.
Campbell not only articulates Jung in a manner that we all can understand, his writings and works are necessary reading if you really want to understand the psyche, the soul, the mystery that we all seek within ourselves and in our lives. If not for that mystery there would not be a god, any god/goddess.
What Campbell help me to discover was my bliss, that thing that connects to my soul, what I really enjoy doing most in life. Of course that is dream/soul work, and web design.
And Campbell taught me about the hero pattern that applies to all human life, my life. It is with the creative, the spiritual. Not in a religious way where faith is most important, but true spirituality where deeds matter most. Whereas none of us should ever get caught up in the messengers as are Jung or Campbell, Jesus or the Buddha, it is the message that has true meaning. All things are connected and thus worthy of respect and of life. Fellow the message and you become the messenger.

And by being the spiritual person you will discover helping hands along your journey that will help you slay all the dragons, one at a time. You can depend on it.

And if all things are connected and have the same meaning{s}, then the simple phrases we use in life shouyld apply also. Such as:

What goes around comes around.
or
Do all you can do and don't worry about the rest.
or
It is not what you believe, it is what you do

Those helping hands that we read about in mythology can go both ways. Good to good, bad, well to stupidity. It is programmed within our DNA. It is very complex, yet very simple.

This we know: The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. This we know.

All things are connected like the blood which unites one family. All things are connected.

Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth.

Man did not weave the web of life: he is merely a strand in it.

Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.
Chief Seattle

Comments?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Response

hello,
I don't agree that we can read our dreams with a read of joseph campbell's Power of Myth... I guess I should say I am an INFP... so it could have something to do with my struggles. I am an artist , went thru a coupla years of Jungian Analysis with one of the top people in the Midwestand had a best friend who was in training to be one....I was always turned upside down when she dropped her ideas about my dreams. I have studied all Jung's books and every Jungian author that is in print I thought I had the intelligence to be a an analyst or use my talent in true , honest art from the soul and passion for spiritual growth. I think dreams are so hard!! I moved home to take care of my parents because I thought I was the most enlightened one to help them . Well, with all my consciousness and love and good cooking they have hung around a lot longer. I have been writing like crazy but not painting...I am angry because I seemed to have regressed ...body ..all the knowledge and therapy has made this tough experience still a huge leap in my consciousness. I love Jung because he said it is the second half of life that we wake up and individuate... who can't love this? Perhaps some on the other side of the MeyerBriggs? ...just want to say I am jumping on board to post some dreams...am very impressed with your site. I LOVE SOLITUDE BUT SIX YEARS IS ENOUGH....I have to make some choices and changes because I could be here another six years.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59/Mo

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Archetypal Patterns in Nature

Anyone interested in archetypes should read William Blake. His poetry is a blend of the visual image and
printed word. He saw past the image to it's inspiration. He used the Biblical imagery in psychological terms. In fact, he viewed the whole universe in those terms. Though he predated Jung, his work EXPLAINS Jung's.

"Terrific ragd the Eternal Wheels of intellect terrific ragd
The living creatures of the wheels in the Wars of Eternal Life
But perverse rolld the wheels of Urizen and Luvah back reversd
Downwards and outwards consuming in the wars of Eternal Death" William Blake, Vala

The following are excerpts from A Blake Dictionary (Read the section on Behmen for the basis of Blake's system.):

‘These beasts are the same four “living creatures” which Ezekiel beheld on the river Chebar. They have complicated eyed wheels within wheels, which revolve independently, and act as the chariot of the Deity.’ Blake identified them with the four fundamental aspects of Man:

his body (Tharmas-west)
his reason (Urizen-south)
his emotions (Luvah-east)
his imagination (Urthona-north)

‘These aspects are Jung’s fourfold analysis of man. Blake named them and assigned them compass points. They are “the Four Eternal Senses of Man”, “the four Rivers of the Water of Life”:

“West flow’d the Parent Sense, the Tongue,
South stood the Nerves of the Eye,
East, in Rivers of bliss, the Nerves of the Expansive Nostrils,
North stood the labyrinthine Ear”
‘As Man was made in the image of God, his Zoas are reflections of the divine aspects:

Tharmas the Shepard is a mirroring of God the Father;
Urizen, the aspect of Divinity which falls, becomes the equivalent of the Devil.
Luvah, in whose robes of blood Jesus (universal Imagination) descends, corresponds to the Son;
Urthona-Los, the fount of inspiration, is the Holy Ghost; ’

‘“ I heard the mild and holy voice saying ‘O light, spring up and shine’ and I sprang up from the deep. He gave me a silver scepter [of love], and crown’d me a golden crown [of reason], and said ‘Go forth and guide my Son who wanders on the ocean.’”

‘The co-eternal Zoas emerge into this world in a counter-clockwise cycle. The trouble began when Emotions usurped the place of Reason: they “clouded rage” and “change their situations in Universal Man”; they “rush around on all sides in dire ruin”; they turn their wheels against man and against each other.’

‘“I went not forth: I hid myself in black clouds of my wrath; I call’d the stars around my feet in the night of councils dark; the stars threw down their spears and fled naked away. We fell.”’

‘Tharmas splits from his feminine portion who now wanders formless in the void, from Innocence to Experience (puberty), and becomes the debased material body, the five senses.
Urizen splits and becomes the Dragon, losing all human form. His emanation becomes Sin.
Luvah splits to become Orc (revolt--repressed love turns to war), the Serpent in Eden. His feminine portion becomes the Shadowy Female (nature, who is also Natural Religion).
Urthona (the Creative Imagination of the Individual), becomes Los. His feminine portion becomes a Shadow; Los sinks as the Spectre of Urthona, into the subconscious.’

‘Looking deep within himself, man perceives his four Zoas now chaotic:

in the West (Tharmas’ place) a world of raging Waters (materialism)
in the South (Urizen‘s place) remains a burning fire (of Orc)
in the East (Luvah‘s place) is a void
in the North (Urthona‘s place) a solid, unfathomable, without end’

‘In this fallen world:

Tharmas has gone outward to the Circumference (the body)
Urizen has rizen to the Zenith (the head)
Luvah has sunk to the Center (the heart)
Urthona has disappeared into the Nadir (the subconscious)’

‘But in Eternity, the Zoas take their original places:

Tharmas, the Earth, or the world of the Senses, in the West
Urizen, the Stars of Reason, in the South
Luvah, the Moon of the Emotions, in the East
Urthona, the Sun of the Imagination, in the North’

‘Thus in the well-balanced man, the Imagination and Reason are cooperating contraries; so are Love and Lust.’

According to Blake (Jerusalem) the separate sexes do not exist in Eternity, as each Individual has already absorbed and integrated his feminine portion:

[316] All Eternity shuddered at the sight

[317] Of the first female now separate

[324] ‘Spread a Tent, with strong curtains around them
[325] ‘Let cords and stake bind in them Void

[326] ‘That Eternals may no more behold them'

[336] Eternity shudder‘d when they saw

[337] Man begetting his likeness

[338] On his own divided image.

[359] The Eternals their tent finished

[363] A shriek ran thro’ Eternity

[364] And a paralytic stroke

[365] At the birth of the Human shadow

[369] The Eternals closed the tent

[370] They beat down the stakes the cords

[371] Stretch’d for a work of eternity:

[372] No more Los beheld Eternity

Now for the Piece De Resistance:

Want to find out what those elusive dream images are trying to tell you? Behmen placed the Imagination as man's central power. It is the creative force. All things are generated out of the Imagination. According to Blake, the Creative Imagination, which kept the Divine Vision in times of trouble, never materializes in Time and disappeared into the Nadir, the subconscious. As Freud pointed out, dreams are the royal road to the subconscious. A recent discovery discloses that while we are speaking consciously, there is also a parallel subconscious dialogue that is reversed to the forward one and can be heard subconsciously. It doesn't matter if you are speaking to yourself or someone else. This phenomenon occurs whenever anyone says anything. Record the dream and play the recording backwards. This gives an actual voice to your subconscious, where dreams originate. And as Cicero stated, if you learn to talk to yourself then you don't need to talk to someone else. This method gives a whole new meaning to talking to yourself while combining aspects of both Freud's and Cicero's ideas. One word of warning, though. The subconscious hides nothing. Be prepared for a few surprises

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 monticello indiana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present