Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
scorpion

In my dream I'm sitting at my kitchen table, and a large black scorpion crawls up my leg and onto the table. I makes a hissing sound, but never actually tries to sting me. I manage to knock it to the floor. I try to kill it by stepping on it, but it won't squish. Then I try to spray it with poison, but it doesn't die. It never tries to sting me, but it follows me everywhere I go. It acted like it was trying to engage in something....like if it could talk it had something to say. This dream has had such a profound affect on me, that this is the first time I've been compelled to research a meaning.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, virginia beach

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: scorpion

Krista,
What is it in your life that you are trying to 'squish' when in fact you need to engage it, face up to it? It is probably something that is a constant thing in your life, something that follows you around no matter how much you try not to think or act on it. It could be something that you have tried to put out of your mind, something that would affect the foundations of who you are {knock it to the floor}. If you will engage it, have a dialog with this part of yourself, most likley you will be able to work through it. Keeping it bottled up will only make it worse. It could be something that could inflict physical or emotional pain on you. But not confronting it will let it grow even larger.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you Gerard for your input. Now I'll shed some light on my personal life and maybe you can help me pin point a source of my trouble. In July of 2004 my husband of thirteen years commited suicide by hanging himself in the backyard. Our relationship was dreadful, he was abusive and unfaithful. I have since found man that I believe is my real soul mate, and we love each other dearly. My problem is that I feel unworthy and even guilty of recieving his love. I also have a lot of family on both sides all up in my business. There are people constantly talking and hating on me. I truely believe that this dream was a warning. I feel like I need to watch my back. Is this something that you might agree with?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, virginia beach

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Krista,
You indeed have much to squish in your life. But I believe the scorpion in your dream is as much about your inner self as it is an adjective for those who 'hate' you. The feelings of inadequacies are something that you must confront or it may have a negative affect in your new relationship. You need to engage that aspect, it is a part of your foundations, who you are. That may require some professional help.

As for those people who constantly are talking and hating on you. Perhaps you either need to engage them with force and confidence, or completely disengage them. For an alcoholic it is most important to stay away from alcohol. If you surround yourself with negative people you too will remain negative. You have a new love, perhaps it is best to start an entirely new life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present