Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sharing my Partners Dream

The other night my partner and i were lying in bed just falling asleep.
My partner had fallen asleep on my chest and i was lying with my eyes closed.
All of a sudden i had this 'flash' of a mans face which was painted silver and black, i opened my eyes and my partner jumped awake.
After a second or so i asked, what woke you.
He said he was having this dream that he was falling. and there was a man with a silver and black face was looking up at him with his arms out. as if trying to catch him.
What does this mean?? I have not heard of partners "sharing" a dream before.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Sharing my Partners Dream

Guyben,
Dream sharing is not all that rare. Psychic energies can manifest themselves when there is a strong sharing of the same emotions between two people.

The symbols of black and silver may have to do with unconscious contents that the two of you share. Black is often a symbol for the unconscious and silver is a shade of black and white. It also could represent the two positions that you and your partner share that are not really different; being male but not the masculine that society sometimes expects but a varible of it {being gay}.
The face may be the persona that you often have to wear {see face in Soul Future's Dream Dictionary for those posibilities}.

Since both of you are male and the dream image was male then it probably involves masculine aspects that are within the unconscious of both psyches. Falling is often a symbol of decline, losing control, anxiety, descending to your true position.

You may want to look at recent events of the past few days and determine if there were experiences that would bring about what I described above. Powerful emotional experiences shared by two people who live and sleep together could very well be the stimulus for having the same dream. Let me know what you come up with.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,
Thanks for your quick response.
We have had a look into your interpretation but it just doesnt feel right.
It feels like it was something more than 'just a dream'. Its very hard to explain. Even between ourselves.
Cheers

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22

Guyben,
I/m sorry you could not tie the dream to your waking condition. Perhaps there is some more info you can provide that will help. Perhaps even more you should read some of the pages at the left column to better understand how dreams function. If you are looking for some real 'psychic' function to the dream I think you are expecting too much. Thanks for the response and goood luck.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present