Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
garbage bags

i was walking through town talking with a male friend of mine, an old friend who i have been estranged from. We are still friends but don't spend as much time. We were both holding white garbage bags full of trash while we were walking, strolling actually, and catching up. Then we got to his truck and about to put the bags into the truck when wre noticed that they were all empty. We still held the bags in our hands but they were empty. We met two other old friends, from that same era and we all started catching up on everyone.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33, st.lucia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: garbage bags

Gerard,
I forgot to tell you some information thatmight help, last week i met this guy and we were both talking about the challenges we were dealing with on our spiritual journey. We had just gone through a period of being angry with the process.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Janine,
This dream along with your other posted dream may be related. If there are not those issues involving sex {the substance of your first dream} then the issues of that dream and this dream would be inner conflicts having to do with masculine/feminine conflicts. Sex could very well symbolize a need/desire to unite these two aspects so to resolve the conflicts. Since you are on a spiritual search the sex could have to do with this. The garbage in this dream is all the acumumlated garbage from your past. The garbage has affected both the masculine and feminine aspects. In this dream there seems to be an estrangement from that masculine position. Perhaps you are exploring other alternatives to your spiritual beliefs. The past beliefs would most likley involve patriarchal issues from your christian upbringing. In your spiritual search you may have discovered other spiritual views that are in conflict with those from your upbringing {welcome to the club}. Past beliefs may now be 'empty' of meaning. The garbage could be personal garbage as well as spiritual garbage.

In your follow-up post to this dream post you said you and your male friend had gone through a period of anger. The male figure in youir dream could have to do with this actual friend and also to do with your own masculine aspects. Both have to do with your spiritual journey.

In your sex dream the symbols could very well addressing personal issues having to do with your husband as well as or having to do with your spiritual journey. The changing positions could apply to both. Determine if there are issues involving your husband. If not the the dreams are most likely addressing the spiritual journey.

Let me know your thoughts to my interpretations and we can prceed from there.

As for the spiritual journey you may want to consult my page on Spirituality and Religion. Most of it involves those aspect of spirituality that most Westerners are not aware of. A lot has to do with the feminine aspects of spirituality.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,

You are right on the money with this one. This is where my thoughts were on it. It has to do with spiritual and personal baggage that needs to go because they serve me no more. I had not considered the anger as having to do with the masculine aspects but yup you are right there too. Because my masculine aspect of my pysche is waht caused me to be angry with the spiritual process.

And yes both dreams have to do with my spiritual journey.whew!!
Thanks
Janine

janine,
That's good news. Not that you are not marrid but that you recognize the conflicts to do with the personal baggage. Often dreams address the two aspects of the inner and outer. Trying to understand which is dominate froma dream can be most difficult. Of course if I had paid attention I could have eliminated the sex with your husband part. Live and learn.
Thanks for the follow-up and setting me straight. And just to let everyone know a little about me, I am indeed straight. You can ask my 3 ex-wives.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present