Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream

I had parked in the front of the Art Museum of the city I lived in before I moved back home. The museum was different...filled with carnival booths... I walked up to food stand and wanted to order something to eat but the men would not look at me so I left. A coupla squirrely girlfriends from high school walked by with the same hateful, cool attitude toward me. Then I saw my ex husband going by with his new wife and all the salesmen he drank with. He said he could not assist when I told him my car (actually I drive my mom's car now) was stolen. It was close to midnite and everyone was leaving.. I was feeling frightened. My purse was in the car so I had no money. Two very buxom ,classy ,well-dressed black women came up and said I could use their car. It was a very bright blue...sassy lookin..I was so overwhelmed that she did this...in addition she gave me a little purse..zipper style with little seed pearls all around.. it was full of one-hundred dollar bills ..I was not sure I should take all that money and wondered if she realized it had so much.She insisted she was fine. I promised her I could get her car back to her the next day and thanked her. Later my daughter was with me..we went (my daughter suggested) to a very creative ornate , expensive Ice Cream restaurant. Inside was a long table of young people dressed up . One of the girl's was a former niece. I was relieved to see her because her mother was a "nut" severe alcoholic. she looked fine. Then we ran into the two black ladies again ..again I was somewhat uncomfortable not saying how much money was in her purse. They reassured me to go on ..I watched them leave unconcerned. The scene changed ..I went to the condo I lived in after my divorce for eleven years . I was disappointed because there were 2 0r 3 women sharing it that I did not know and one I did. I wanted to make some coffee but no one seemed to care to tell me where the pot was so I decided . Oh __censored I'll boil water and drain the grounds thru a paper towel. Then in comes an ex Narcissistic , greedy friend that I recently closed connections with . she was strutting around ultra friendly with the friend I did like. Later the friend came and told me she did not or ever like her. Someone was expecting a date so I went upstairs to visit with my true friend.. Then I remembered I must call the police about the stolen car....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59/Mo

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Dream

DEE 2,
I will take a look at your dream later today. I received a notice of your post and also of a second post {I receive by e-mail copies of all posts on the Dream Board}. If you will confirm the other post I will check and see why it was not posted.

Thanks,
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dee,
A comment on your post {that was not posted on the board for some reason}.
You can not gain great insights to dream interpretation from merely reading one book by Campbell {The Power of Myth}. When I first saw the interview, which became the book, with Bill Moyers I never invisioned it being a catalyst into the dream world for me. That only came after studying and reading most all of Campbell's books, interviews and lectures. I did know that very day my life was changed. Campbell is a great primer for anyone who wishes to understand Jung. Jung is very deep and often ordinary minds can not fully comprehend his words. Campbell was great at articulating Jungian thought. Campbell brought the subject of mythology to forefront of it being something that can lend itself to a better understanding of the collective and personal psyche. And as Campbell said, give it at least ten years before you can truly say 'I understand'.

As for your two years of Jungian theraphy, I can't comment on that. Those personal issues are something only you and your analyst can address. I would be interested in knowing how much he/she relied on dreamwork in your therphy.

Some are not able to understand many aspects of Jungian philosophy. He tends to deviate from one subject to another and if you do not pay full attention and have an idea what he is directing his thought you can easily get lost. My understanding of Jung is primarily intuitive and not academic.
His personality theories seem to have registered with you so that has been a benefit. As for studying all of Jung's books, I have to question that assertion. They are so voluminous and indepth it would require someone who truly identifies with Jung and who wishes to give many, many years of participation in Jungian work to do. I myself have no desire to read all of his works since I am not that interested in the academia of Jung. My interest is more in his dream work and the study of the psyche. Most Jungian academia are totally different in their interests and often dismiss the mystical possibilities that Jun spoke to. They are probably incapable of understanding such posibilities. I understand it very well, intuitively.

I do appreciate your comments about my website. I designed everything you see on the pages. Besides having been self taught in Jung I am also self taught in web design. It goes to show us that those things that interest us most are intuitive and not necessarily requires a 'higher education' on the matter of interest. It is the Bliss that matters most and not so much what society tells us we should be interested in.

Thanks for your comments and willingness to be open about your life. It will be very helpful when I look at your dream.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

The confusion could be my e-mail. I have two...one is to not be identified so with my memory sometimes I forget... I sound arrogant to you?... I am jealous that you have come so far with your wisdom pertaining to Jung. I do believe some of the most unconscious people I know have many degrees. I after all am a good artist with only two years of academia and private workshops.I have been a kindergarten teacher went back to school during my divorce and almost finished a fine art degree but the teachers told me unless I wanted to teach in the academic world thare was no need to spend all the money on the degree and that their income's were so pitiful. So I quit... long hours in a studio , cost and two teenagers were another factor.I received my analysis while I was in art school. That's what led me to jung...one cannnot study symbolism in art and not meet campbell and jung...etc. Since i was 30 I have been a voracious reader collecting books..I have about 2000 and yes I have read them all...one of my dreams if I stay here in this part of the country would be to have lending library within my studio... Perhaps the fact that I am a visual may be why I have to read so much Or hunger to develop my inferior function..I don't know...I believe my analyst was working mostly on helping me to develop a stronger ego ..persona..childhood affects and grief over divorce...learning to empower myself from being a "puella" and focusing on my mind and energy and not my looks etc. I have hundreds of journals .. and never fully completed...I'm still working on finishing what I start.in some areas... One author Jungian told me I lost my self when
I came home to take care of my parents.84/87. I dont' believe once we have some of the lifechanging dreams that I have had of "resolving" (said cautiously)the negative mother complex we can lose our SELF... or perhaps the image of going around and around and just getting closer and closer to the truth...some of the work I did probably went right over my intellect because I am such a feeler and feminine... Pisces!! I was consumed with sorrow over my children losing a father ..anger also propelled me whenI was stronger...I don't want to take up too much here...this was supposed to be a rebuttal to your implying that there was disbelief that I had read as much as I claim. I hope to jump back into the studies again because I believe I have reached a point of serenity that I do perceive better and understand more...I am more mature and wise but I am also not a genius.. thank you so much for your work and attention... this has helped me to feel a connection I have needed...
....!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59/Mo

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Dee,
Thanks so much for your response. It provides a lot of insight to your personal life and also your dreams.

Perhaps you have indeed read much of Jung's works. That in itself is a demanding task. Jungian thinking is as much intuitive as it is logical. Pisces {I am also a Pisces} are rare types capable of logical thinking as well as intuitive. But the intuitive must be cultivated and developed. As the trickster and magician Pisces must confuse all who encounter such a personality. Its a part of the typology.

Your artwork, is that not your bliss? The social dragon with all its demands often prevents us from being that true self. Family, obligations, simpy surviving is so demanding on us it is difficult to live our bliss. But the hero/heroine never abandons the search to find that place of bliss. So many dragons to slay. I hope you can find the courage to overcome and live your bliss, your art.

Best wishes and please continue visiting the Forum to share your progress.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present