Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Sister and Cancer

Hello everyone, I'm a newcomer here. Last night I had an extremely vivid dream where my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was very strange, considering that she is my identical twin and only 18. That's pretty much all that happened... I kept saying, "get another opinion, I know it's wrong"... and for some reason, she and my mother seemed concerned but calm and accepting of the news whereas I felt fear the whole time. The whole time I thought it was strange because I have always had strange fears about myself being chronically ill. Recently my sister and I parted ways when we went to different colleges, but last weekend she came to visit me for the first time. I was concerned because she has lost a lot of weight, and I had gained some. I was comcerned about her eating habits because I used to have an eating disorder and I fear that she may have developed one at college. Well, that's really all that happened... it's just so vivid and I can remember it so well, and it's really been bothering me all day. Thanks a bunch.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Richmond, Virginia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: My Sister and Cancer

Caterina,
Dreams address many issues in the life of each individual. One is the fears we have in life. Since you did state you have had strange fears about yourself being chronically ill, the dream may be addressing those fears. Since your twin has lost weight you may be projecting those fears onto her in your dream, she being identical to you {that is what a metaphor is, she is you in your dream}. It could be as simple as that.

But on the other hand since you are identical twins there may be some psychic energy that the two of you share. Studies have shown this to be true. Your sister losing weight may be an indication there is something wrong with her. And it may not be cancer per say, but another illness. Something perhaps on the order of the Olsen twins, Mary Kate and Ashley. It may be wise to ask your sister about the possibility she is suffering from the same disease, an eating disorder. The fact that she has lost weight where you ahve gained alone is good reason to ask. Your dream may be trying to direct your attention to that possibility. Better safe than sorry.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: My Sister and Cancer

caterina
you know i had a dream this summer about my sister dying giving birth to dead baby 2 days before she had the baby. my heart really felt troubled because even though i knew it was a dream i felt it like you in my heart that something was wrong. i prayed to god like i never prayed before.and the day my sister gave birth the docter told her she was luck because her previoes pregnancy was a c-section and the docters did not sew her properly which caused her meat to turn hard as a rock. she and the baby came out fine but the feeling is there.what would have happened if i didnt prayed? would she still be alive?or will i now be putting flowers on her grave. i dont know if your a religous person and i dont know if youll find any use to the story but a sister is a sister and you will always have them in mind so keep the faith because probably like mine is a warning of what might happen.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17/houston tx

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present