Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
car or wife

Ihad a dream that my husband and me was in a pub,and my husband was bartering,with another for me,my husband said he wanted a new car for me the other guy said i was a used modle an had done a few miles,my husband said yeah but she still got a good few miles left in her,i woke up before i found out who got what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: car or wife

just me,
Your dream may merely be expressing your concerns to do with the getting older{miles}. Perhaps you feel you are not as desirable to yourself and others. Since he is bartering {he being your own masculine aspects} you may expect more out of yourself.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

yeah but im not sure,you see i didnt tell you that the other man in the pub was my lover.

Re: Re: car or wife

just me,
Was there a reason you did not mention it? Was it conscious or unconscious? More about the relationship between you and your husband, and you and your lover will most likely explain the dream. But you can do that if I am able to give a good interpretation and if you will read some of the pages on dreams in the left column {Anima/Animus, Archetypes, The Shadow, etc.}. Not knowing your personal life I can only see the universal possibilities, which are patterns of recognizable behavior. Not knowing the other guy was your lover leaves most of importance of the dream left unaddressed.

Of course understanding the language of dreams comes first. That is where Jung provides the insights to dreams.

I look for the deeper aspects, the unconscious aspects that a dream may be addressing. That's the archetypes in the dream, the causations, the emotions, complexes. Why do you have/need a lover? If your husband in the dream also symbolizes your masculine self {see AnimaAnimus
}, then you are doing the bartering. What does that mean.
It may have a real implications in your waking life. Interpreting dreams is about understanding that unconscious/conscious relationship. It is an investigation of the unconscious. And it is a psychology, study of the psyche

Of course the other man being your love can make a hugh difference in the interpretation. It not only prompts me to look at other metaphors but it provides insights to the personal aspect of the dream. If the dream is in general and important details left out I can only read what is given. When you provide to me the full dream as it happened, all that you can remember, then the personal aspects begin to show themselves. I look first for the archetypal interpretation. If enough info is given then the personal interpretation can be realized.

I'll look at the dream again tomorrow and see how it reads with the other guy being your lover. It certainly makes the dream more interesting. Dreams are said to be our lives as a play. A lot of dreams make good soap opera.
A correct interpretation may provide you with a few insights about yourself that you may not know, or admit to. By understanding the unconscious motivations and from they came can provides you with insight to those motivations, and the consequences in your waking life as it is today.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

just me,
After looking at your dream with the knowledge that the other guy is your lover I believe the dream is addressing inner and outer questions you have about self worth.
The different symbols, your husband and the other guy, while most likely addressing the personal aspects of those relationships are also masculine aspects of yourself {see Anima/Animus}. You are bartering with yourself, trying to determine whether you have the self worth that is required to make yourself feel comfortable with who you are. It is you who wants a 'new car' or more precisely a new model. That is why you have a lover to begin with. But the statements about the miles most likely are about you, whether you are still new enough to be attractive and apperciated.

Also, you probably have feelings of being 'used' by one or the other of the two men in your life. But the one who is using you the most is your own need for acceptance. The underlying question is 'why do you need a lover' when you have a husband? This is not a condemnation but a reality check as to the unconscious motivations. Why does anyone enter into an extra-martial affair? It is not as simple as a bad marriage or a desire for a fling, it is most likley due to some deep seeded reasons within.

Does this fit with in with who you are and where you are at thgis time in your life?

Gerard

yeah its kinda right just stuck in the middle by the the cross roads,not knowin where to turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present