Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hair on the palms of my hands

I can't really remember much of most of the dream, except that I was trying to cleanout a room(my kids' maybe ?) There were a lot of people around and at some point I look at my hands - my palms and there are several hairs growing out of them, about 2"-3" long, some even on the fingertips. I said to myself "now when did this happen how gross" I tried to cut them and I did a couple but I thought that they felt thick to cut and would probably grow back. There were about 6 or 7 altogether. They were sticking sort of up and over.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38/Toronto, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Hair on the palms of my hands

Asta,
Interesting dream. And one that points out the importance of knowing the gender of the dreamer. If in fact you had been a male then the dream may have had a different interpretation. Most all men know of the joke about hair growing in the palm of their hands.

The cleaning out of a room may be cleaning of some aspect of your psyche. If it were indeed your kid's room it may indicate it has something to do with that aspect of your life. But the kid's room may also be eluding to your own childhood.

Hands often symbolize ability. Hair is often symbolic of mental activities. And the palm can represent control over certrain aspects of your life, or the healing process if there are aspects {from childhood perhaps} that need such healing. If you put this together it may indicate that you need to give more thought to certain aspects in your life that need 'cleaning' out. In the process of doing that you may receive some healing from doing so and the mental activities that could produce stress or discomfort in your life will get better.
Since there are hairs also on the fingertips of the hand this may indicate the information the dream is trying to communicate to you is at the tips of your fingers. You unconsciously are aware of these aspects that need cleaning but they are dwelling in the subconscious ready fro conscious attention.

One thing that may be important to know is the fact you are at that beginning stage of mid-life. Often experiences that have accumlated from life and have not been properly sorted out begin to show themselves during this stage of life. THis may be the beginning of that process for you. To help you bgetter understand this stage of life go to my page on Mid-LIfe Issues. I also suggest you keep up with your dreams since future dreams may help clarify what room{s} you are needing to clean. Also looking at your present life and determine if there are actual problems with real children {if you have any}. This may help clarify parts of the dream. But the dream can be addressing actual experiences with real children and at the same time be addressing your own inner 'child'. Dreams often do that.

Also something yo consider is the 'grossness' that is implied in the dream. THis may have some bearing in understanding the dream message. And the fact that you tried eliminating a 'couple' of hairs may also suggest a tie to the message. All symbols have some bearing. Many are persoanl and only you can know what they symbolize.

Let me know your thoughts to my suggestions and perhaps we can go further in what the dream is trying to communicate.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,
Thankyou for the interesting interpretation. I'm not sure if the cleaning and the hairy palms are connected as they may have been dreamt at different stages through the night. Those were just the two i remember most vividly. Plus I have been trying to clean my kids playroom recently and been frustrated with all the junk that has accumulated. I've had a lot of wierd dreams in my life but the hair on my palms is the only dream I felt I needed and compelled to know the meaning of. My hands even felt different the next day. Whatever it is, I know it is something so profound that it will affect me for the rest of my life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38/Toronto, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Asta,
The actual cleaning of your children's room is the personal aspect the dream is addressing. Our everyday lives are a part of our dreams. But there is probably something a bit deeper the dream is addressing also. As you stated, "I know it is something so profound that it will affect me for the rest of my life". If you sense something that strong, an intuive feeling, then there is something to it.

Where to look? At your whole life. From earliest memories, childhood experiences, the whole accumulated experiences that make up who you are. That is where you find the answers, inside, much more so than outside.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present