Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Voice?

Hi All,
Understand the personal (stalled decison) & deeper meaning (at a crossroad & masculine assistance appropriate where feminine retains authority) here except the unknown voice. Is the voice more likely ego or unconscious? It had a 'divine' inner source tone but I often doubt because ego still an issue. On recording this I realize my car has a stick, manual trans, & could have popped the clutch to start if I didn't insist on also pushing.

Off to the family gathering. Be back in a few days if I can't get computer time at sisters.

Dream:
Driving a pick up truck w/trailer, returning from teaching a class. Pull through parking in two spaces. Get out, look to see what spaces so I can report location back to fleet. It’s in 1004 & 1114.

Readying to leave. My car stalled at an intersection. (voice heard ?? – “you must stay with your own kind”) A Police Man on the sidewalk asks if I want help. K-yeah, ok. PM-get inside to steer & I’ll push. K-why? I can steer & push at the same time. If we both push it’ll be easier. PM- ok, ready? He walks to the back of the car & hands on trunk, leaning. I stand at driver side, door open. PM-Ready? K-No, can’t go yet. Point to the traffic light & the light is red. PM - Oh, yeah, ok. Waiting for light to turn green.

Many thanks & Happy Thanksgiving,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Voice?

Kathy,
Cars are an excellent metaphor. More so for the outer, the ego-centered 'self'. It has gotten to where our cars are an extension/expression of our outer values and worth. It is no wonder you see more and more women driving SUVs. The 'patriation' of women {patriarchacy}. And the guys, they get to be mocho/cowboys.

It is typical lesser mind behavior. You either evolve or dissolve. But it is beginning to permeate through the masses. It is hard not to be part of it. That is the ultimate task in the hero journey, master of the two worlds, living the physical life with a spiritual intent.

Campbell talked about the stages of the hero adventure; common world, call to adventure, refusal of the call, supernatural aid, thresholds, trials, boons, master of two worlds {Inner and outer, physical and psychological}. Perhaps the most difficult is the return. Returning to society and sharing what you have learned with others.

My idea of how best to do this is through discipline and gnosis. The hero/heroine patterns found throughout the myths, the patterns of the psychological search, recognition and acknowledgement of truths, outside and inside, discovery, healing and growth. You become the example, living a life that has meaning yet has experience.
And living a spiritual life. When you do this the 'helping hands' {supernatural aid} are always there to help you.

The voice? It is the inner voice, the voice of the psyche.

You have acknowledged a fact: ego will always be an issue. But if you are master of the two worlds it becomes a less of an issue.

I'll take more time on your dream in the morning. Be safe on your journey with family.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Kathy,
The interpretation of your dream:

The truck with the trailor may symbolize being overloaded, having to carry a heavy load. It represents a part of you, perhaps the social requirements, but not all of you {the fleet would be the whole self}.

The teaching part may represent learning something, teaching yourself. The two spaces may represent the two aspects of being that are important in life; the social person and the true self. The numbers may have significance. It is hard to detremine exactly what. 4 is at the end of each and 4 represents wholeness, balance.

You are stalled in some endeavor in life {you are at an important intersection of life}. The ego voice insists on staying the course of social duty. You seek help from a higher authority. But you must discern which higher authority. Is it the ego or the inner life? The light is red because you are wanting for signs to give you the go ahead.

You are probably at a threshold in your life and are trying to discover which direction to go next. The hero/heroine path is about the stages one goes through in life's adventure. But none are set in concrete, there is not a right way or wrong way that everyone can look to. It all depends on the individual life, where you are and where you want to go. Probably the biggest obstacle is deciding what direction you really want to take. This may be where you are in your journey.

That answer is left up to your own personal life. But the ultimate realization is of the Self. In many of the myths it is the spiritual aspect that is the ultimate goal {the Holy Grail-the true self}. You live a human life, but one that is based on the spiritual and not led by the ego.

What the ego must learn to do surrender its need to always be in control by recognizing the value of the Self's guidance and deferring to its superior wisdom.

If you do that then the rest of your life will unfold as it should.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

Yes, representing, as you state, teaching myself although not by and large as the information, guidance and support at MDS is the map & legend. Suppose in this analogy this relates the inner self as the compass, divining direction.

I believe the numbers represent inner & outer change as parts in the context of working toward wholeness (5 + 7 = 12) .

This dream probably points to discerning direction for the creative function/outlet, for Bliss. It is one station in the journey undergoing exploration and 'stalled'.

Yep, ppen to synchronistic signs, in past have looked to this function of the collective. Have been waiting for a synchronistic event that indicates both time & direction for movement in support of the inner self. Still learning to identify and listen to the inner voice. Odd, or maybe not, am finding ego’s voice projects an emotional, authoritative tone while inner voice speaks with a quiet, calm, self assured voice.

As you state, my “I” must learn to surrender and listen to the inner voice for the uncertainty to vanish. Pertaining to Bliss, will listen to the calm inner voice and follow the path it has made clear.

That is, after finishing chores today!

Many thanks,
Kathy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Gerard,
Green light. Discovered Bliss. Or better said rediscovered Bliss. Finally willing to listen to the inner voice. Dug out the old camera for a walk in the park.

Another Traveler - Deer Creek reservoir

(Apologies for the low res – still on dial up)

Eternally grateful,
K.

Re: Re: Voice?

hi kathy,love the picture,nature intends the grail.
i was watching my favourite tv programme last night,
northern exposure,
this particular episode had a native american spirit who had come to help ed find his real parents,
it was what he said to him that struck a chord,and is an important statement for us all,
he said,
keep your eyes on your road as it will lead you to where you need to be,very profound,i thought.
that inner voice is yours and will do the same.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Hi Steve,
NE was a favorite too, great show. Haven’t seen for many years. Definitely connected with the psyche. I’ll check the listing & see if it’s replaying here.

Yes-Very profound words. Will listen and learn.

Thanks ever so much for your wisdom & encouragement.
K.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present