Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex boyfriend talking with

I saw my ex he had a look on his face that he had when he was really desparate to make up after falling out with me we walked an talked and he went to buy a sandwich at one point he crushed a lemon under his foot he was really intense all the way through.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 London

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Ex boyfriend talking with

Hi Marie,
What were the emotions during the dream? That may help determine a closer interpretation. Some thoughts follow but could be way off.

On a personal level is there something in your life which you feel nearly hopeless, or feel a great need or desire? Are you currently under great stress and pressure, either internal or external, in regards to a decision either you want to or are being forced to make? Perhaps your unconscious is showing you the stress and pressure you are under so you can recognize your reaction, the psychology behind the emotions, so to resolve it.

On the deeper level this may be communicating your current path is (walking & talking) a falling out of sorts, not living your inner self due to an inner bitterness towards the animus/a male aspect. Perhaps this aspect is communicating it’s need of nourishment (sandwich is food) for healthy development, crushing the lemon being a metaphor for a desperate cry or act of last resort to restore balance.

If you can respond maybe we can look closer & find a good interpreation that fits. Look for the Aha! feeling when thinking about the dream & possibilities.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Kathy,

thank you for your reply. I am under severe pressure as I was dissmissed from my job in mid September and I am taking the company through an employment tribunal. I have not worked since and I am planning to go into a totally different field which includes self-employment. I also need to talk to my ex as we have lots of unresolved issues so that is also very much on my mind. Would love more insight.

thanks,

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 London

Hi Marie,
Thank you for taking the time to respond and for the additional information. The stress you are feeling and the pressure in your life comes through in the dream. Although on the surface the dream is addressing those waking situations, the current legal/past job situation, embarking on your self-employment and the desire for closure regarding the past relationship with your ex, there is also a much deeper message in the dream.

In speaking to the multiple waking life situations that are at the forefront of you conscious mind the ex represents all of these facets you now face. You may view your past employment as a root cause of a possibly desperate situation as you deal with the fall out. Perhaps your conscious mind repeatedly examines the circumstances over and over (walking and talking) trying to work through and make sense of it. Your unconscious shows to you a need of physical and or emotional nourishment, as this constant stress and pressure drains your energies. If so, then crushing the lemon under foot might show to release the underlying destructive negative emotions, possibly bitterness toward the past situation, those involved including any unconscious negativity towards your self. In doing so this would allow you to realign your energies in a more positive form.

“I am in earnest; I will not equivocate; I will not excuse; I will not retreat a single inch; and I will be heard.”
William Lloyd Garrison

In looking at unresolved issues with your ex the dream perhaps conveys this through a mirror like description. In the dream your ex is you. You are desperate to resolve ‘lots of unresolved issues’ to attain the closure you need to move on and begin living your life anew. The unconscious conveys this is a form of self nourishment you need and will result in crushing underfoot the lingering questions and the range of emotions that go hand in hand. From past personal experience closure is not only a desire it’s a real necessity for personal growth. Although I must admit in past relationships my self was more so the root problem. I recommend you take some time to reflect and weigh the matters before speaking with your ex as he too may feel the struggle, bear the underlying emotional strain of his part in any unresolved issues. Perhaps when you both communicate honestly about these issues the closure and peace you seek will come to both parties.

"Stand facing the sun and the shadows fall behind you."
from a school blackboard in Whitby

On a deeper level by using a metaphorical language, the ancient language, in dreams the unconscious delicately weaves strong and powerful threads into the fabric of consciousness to create a condition open to create and receive the totality of the integrated Self. This is where the animus comes into play. Read Gerard’s Anima/Animus & Anima/Animus Traits pages. There is a great deal of excellent information on the role of masculine aspects in the female experience. In your dream the psyche shows an initial openness to communicate and integrate. By taking time to examine this it will become apparent to you. Think about what male attributes are perhaps undeveloped or lacking in your Self. What has become injured, broken or distorted by external pressure? What aspect(s) would provide your inner self the nourishment you require?

"A man may perform astonishing feats and comprehend a vast amount of knowledge, and yet have no understanding of himself. But suffering directs a man to look within. If it succeeds, then there, within him, is the beginning of his learning."
Soren Kierkegaard

Thanks ever so much Marie. By posting your dream you’ve enabled a student to learn not only about dream psychology, but also exploration of the inner self, too.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

stats from 7-14-10 to the present