Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
demons

one of many dreams about fighting or displacing demons. Demon which had a name in my dream but i cannot remember is trying to invade me possess me and I am trying to ward him off by reciting the lords prayer or one thereof or like. I speak in latin espiritu sancti etc but i keep coming up with vini vidi vici and the demon all slender and purple laughs at me reciting in full the lords prayer mocking me. I am not alone but do not know who is with me in ahuge cathedral which the demon navigates with dexterity he is quick but he cannot possess me. It was avery aural dream with alot revolving around speech and prayers and an obnoxious demon very vivid.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29. Wellington New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: demons

Panda,
Your statement about having many dreams about fighting or displacing demons is probably key to this particular dream. What are the demons in your life that you are trying to fight or displace {get rid of?}. Perhaps your reliance on prayer is not enough to displace these demons especially if they are of a psychological nature. vini vidi vici. The psychological aspect may be what you need to conquer, the came, the saw, the conquered.

The cathedral is your inner santuary. If the demons in your life can easily navigate your inner self then it only requires time before they do possess you. These issues are personal aspects that only you can discern. If you wish to provide mnore about yourself, including your spiritual life, then perhaps I can give better insights to the dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

NO kidding around, but are you watching any horror movies lately? Sometimes our subconscious takes over and attacks as we go into dreamland. If you have watched any movies like this lately I suggest that you stop and maybe watch some comedies or adventure. Keep your chin up!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

To both analysts, I believe I have the common demons n my life, the,"working for the man" and never having enough $$ to satisfy my wants and needs, ghoules; just like most. Is there A god or isn't there is probably another one I wrestle with....But not ones I I am recentful of because I understand them (those demons I mentioned), the fact that they are for the most part, universal.
As far as spirituality , if I had to say ....."I belive humans are equally scientific and spiritual, so seemingly perfect in our wholeness like the finest machine,yet with this unique consciousness embodied with emotion that give us our frailties. Its hard to believe we evolved as much as it is that some omniscent being put us here so arkams razor says its probably both! Death may provide the answer but its not one I going to bank on while there is life to be lived. I dont go to church, nor worship any spirit(except for those of the liquid form!). Although when I was growing up..... had best friends that dabbled in magic, Enochian and golden dawn professing thet could make clouds dissappear; they were always trying to get me to partake in spells with them. I always refused because it scared me. At the same time my sister became very religous; born again christian. I remember her burning a book on meditation because it scared her so much(trying to meditate). I often discussed with her and her christians about my buddies playing around with that freaky magic and it comforted me to know that they would look out for me at church and prayer in the spiritual realm.I knew that if I didn't partake I would be fine , nothing can harm me if my intensions are good was my mind set back then and still is to some extent. But whose innocent after 25+ years?? And yeah, I watch alot of horror flicks but i watch more gangster flicks and I don't dream about Al Capone(although I would like to)(Emily Rose was bloody scary)
The darker side has always been of interest to me things we can't see or don't know always scare us , thats half the fun of being alive!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29. Wellington New Zealand

Okay, you say you saw Emily Rose. Yes, a horror flick and I heard a good one too! If I was you, stop worrying about this and that and everything that happened in your past; ex. magic spells, and anything to do with the occult. Live more in a spiritual way. I don't mean that you have to be a "holy roller"- not at all, just try to live each day the best you can. Never, ever look back at the past and don't look too far ahead to the future. Your life is here and now! Treat others just like you would like to be treated and most of all be more positive about things and don't associate with negative people because they can tear you down with so much force that you can't even think about being happy and enjoying life. I had a very negative b/f when I was younger that actually got me to feel very sick and depressed. Remember - KEEP AWAY FROM THEM! GOOD LUCK TO YOU. I WISH YOU THE BEST.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

I had a dream about the devil and he was red and he had horns and his eyes were glowing. I said that i hate the devil and I love God and he said that he knows that i have the devil but my voice sounded so scary and then the devil pined me on the bed and I could not move or breath.he said that he was going to take me to hell and I said no that God would not let me go. I repeated that I hate the devil and I love God and I did that a few times and then I woke up. what do you think that means

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22 years old. las vegas nv

There is what some may call a dream happening to me several times since 1988, but it seems to me as if it is quite real. It is a shadow type (person?) that hovers/comes across me and it fights me in some way. During these occurances I can't move or breath, it's as if I'm being strangled. I've noticed that it happens as if I am on the verge of falling asleep. Does anyone have any input on this?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38-Florida

stats from 7-14-10 to the present