Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
movement

Hi Everyone,
I have recently made some big changes in my life.
The night I decided to make a big decision I had this dream.
I am on a bycicle, going to work. I realize at one point that I have no job so decide to take Winnie to the park instead. There is a little basket on the bike I can put her in. I go back for shoes to keep my feet safe and when I turn around to get Winnie I see a man and black dog in the path. Winnie is on the other side of them and I'm thinking how to get to her.

Next day I take action on my decision and dream this.
I'm coming home from florida vacation. I arrive at the airport and go to my van to get my friends property for him. I leave the van open and forget. I go home with other people. When I get home I remember and ask to borrow someone's keys to go to my van. They say no. I tell them it's unacceptable to treat me this way and ask them to leave my home.
There are other people I ask and they all say no.
I tell them the same thing and add that good communication is the most important thing. I then ask them to all leave my house since they are being so unkind. My brother lets me use his keys but in the process, I feel shamed. I tell him we've never argued but if he tries to make me feel bad again, we'll have words.
The Items in my van that I am so worried about are my guitar, my china doll, and my fathers old camping box that my grandfather made. All three of these items are things I really own and are very important to me in regards to my love for my parents.
any ideas?
thanks,
L

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Re: movement

Leslie,
Does the big change in your life have to do with choices over obligations and responsibilities verses what you really want in life? Does it have to do with how to get from one point to another? Have you actually left room in your decision that offers an opportunity to make corrections to your decision? Does that part of your life having to do with responsibilities and obligations keep you from that place in life you wish to be? Inquiring minds need to know. Especially this inquiring mind.

All the irems that you listed are keepsakes, of sentimental value. Sentiment is not based on proof or certainty but on what the soul or heart values, which is beyond the realm of social concern. It is more in tune with creative instincts.

Have I come close to approaching certain questions, or better yet answers? My inquiring mind is sentimentally awaiting your response.

gerard
with a lesser g

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hey Gerald,
So how do we decide what our archetype is?
I'm not sure about the responsibility thing. I could be responsible and get a job, or I could be responsible and deal with what's come up in the road that has suprised the heck out of me.

When I was using in the 70's..I sold all of the instruments my father gave me, and the family dolls on my mothers side..for drugs. When I got clean, I bought a beautiful guitar and an old china doll and made my amends to both of my parents. I've played the guitar since I was 12, and I make 'spirit' dolls now. so yes, these are symbols of my creativity and things that were nurtured in me from my parents who were/are artists.
hope this clears things up some?
Leslie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Leslie,
Sometimes the archetype that best fits an individual is made of one or more patterns. I discovered my archetyal pattern by first learning what patterns best describe who I am. This has a lot to do with personality. Read my page on Personality Types. Then read through the myths, those that have similiarities to your inner life and experiences. Compare the two, personality and myth. Not necessarily those that just fit your outer experiences but what you truly feel inside. I feel sure you will soon discover your archetypal pattern.

My pattern is Trickster. But the mythological pattern of the wizard also fits to a good degree. But overall the trickster is who I am. The pattern associated with the trickster need not be of human form. The coyote, being the wise animal that uses trckery, can be symbolic of my experiences in my dreams. These archetypal patterns are more to do with my inner self. The outer self should be a reflection of that inner self. In the world today most people cover up their true self, wear a mask. The only pattern they live by is material and ego centered.

Archetypal patterns are patterns of behavior. When I look at my archetypal pattern of the Trickster not only do I see the comparable outer patterns but also the inner patterns. These represent how I instinctively act as well as how I actually think about the owrld around me. By understanding my patterns I can see 'ahead', I know what my natural response will be to a particular situation. If it is approperiate then fine. If not I can change it to a positive.

Often how we act outwardly is entirely different from how we feel inwardly. This is why the inner search is so important. Life is not harmoneous until we discover our authenic self, our true self. Jung's Individuation Process is an excellent way to discover this true self. Your past is a part of you and your mistakes can not be reversed. But by recognizing those mistakes, the negatives, you can change how you approach life. You have already confronted your demons {drug abuse} and in its place you added your creative self. This is a primary message of the myths. Learn through recognition and discipline how to substitute the negatives with positives. And in most myths this is done through spiritual realization and creativity. The master of myth, Joseph Campbell, instructs us to 'follow our bliss'. That is primarily an instruction to recognize and live your creative self. You know your creative roots.

Of course in myths, and in the real world, there are so many dragons that must be slain before the creative self can fully express itself. That is where the archetypal patterns become important. Many people read stories of other peoples lives and how they overcame their 'additions'. That may help but in the end the individual must address what is in their life. No two people are the same. But the patterns are so similiar that the route to take can be understood.

When you’re on a journey, and the end keeps getting further and further away, then you realize that the real end is the journey

Hope this helps.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

ok, after taking the personality test and looking at archetypes, I'd say I am closly relating to the hermaphrodite. The union of opposites.
My favorite fairy take was beauty and the beast.
My favorite role models as a kid were Joan of ARc and Albert Schweitzer. Joan was a revolutionary warrior. Albert lived in the jungle with his pipe organ and never hurt even a fly.
Opposites but both having a strong sense of the divine.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present