Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kill Cheryl with a Rock Hammer

Hi All,
Think humor relates to the dream because most of the dream played like a Monty Python skit! (Which rocks because I love Python!) The rock hammer has me stumped...remember while dreaming recognizing it is a rock hammer, rather than a regular hammer, held specific significance but can’t relate it to anything.

Characters:
Madeline – 50’s, grounded, extrovert, close friend, off the wall sense of humor
Cheryl – 50’s, not grounded, extrovert, playful, flirtatious, more usual sense of humor, drinks a bit excessively (I haven’t drank alcohol for several years although was a frequent binge drinker through early 20’s)

Dream:
Madeline invites me to spend the night at her place. Mom doesn’t want to go, not invited. Tell mom of course she’s invited; Madeline is most gracious and looks forward to having her there too. Mom says ok. Mom & me at Mad’s.
(Mom is higher feminine within, Mad is probably a grounded calm inner aspect)

(Now Mom gone.) Cheryl is there, talking, hanging out, intruding?, lays on couch to sleep. Mad says she’s tired of Cheryl and going to kill her. Has a rock hammer in her hand. Think she’s joking & I laugh. Mad says no, I’m serious. She’s on my last nerve & I’m going to kill her. Say don’t really need to kill her, do you? She lays a towel over Cheryl’s face. Touching around, locating Cheryl’s eye. Hesitantly begins to strike her left eye, saying can hit the brain easier that way, through the eye, but have to pop the eye first. Can’t watch, turn to leave saying if you must, you must. Then hear Mad striking with the rock hammer, picturing hits on the forehead. Mad says she’s dead now.

Turn to look as Mad removes the towel. Notice she’s waking, say she’s bloody but not dead, she’s waking up. Cheryl sitting up, saying her head hurts, why does my head hurt, blood running down her face & eye missing. Tell her Mad tried to kill her. Cheryl angry, stands up, indignant, saying why do you want to kill me? Walks to the kitchen to wash off the blood, looks in bathroom mirror, at the damage. Mad tries to talk to her, apologizing, It’s just a flesh wound (Python Black Knight line). Cheryl won’t listen, very upset, keeps repeating why do you want to kill me? I don’t know why you want to kill me.
(Quickie interpretation - the grounded calm self is exerting too much influence in the psyche inturn 'killing' that fun & playful aspect. Possibly a signal to regain a portion of the fun & playful in life, it's a positive part of my real self I've neglected, too serious lately...)

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Kill Cheryl with a Rock Hammer

Kathy,
I will give my opinion to your dream later. I want to give proper time needed to give a good interpretation.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Kathy,
Much of what I have to say you probably already had considered. But let me state what I see in the dream and perhaps you will find something that clicks and provides a deeper understanding of the dream.

You probably have the first part of the dream figured out. The second part seems to address the conflicts within {Madeline vs. Cheryl}. Kill is probably a metaphor for doing away with. Of course Cheryl represents an aspect within you and not the real person {even though that may have crossed your mind also, is she is indeed the annoying type}. Think of the head as the thinking aspect. The conflict is within the head, symbolic of a desire/need to get rid of negative and accent the positive. Life is so full of ego-conflicts that it often requires a rock hammer to get through to the deeper psyche that it is in charge {spirit over ego}. The conflict may be between spirit and ego but without losing your sense of humor in the process.

As far as what part you want/need to 'kill' it may be as simple as looking at the aspects of Madeline and Cheryl, those that correspond with your own qualities. Then of course the real life persons may play {in a humerous way, not literal} into the dream, in the way you actually see these people in real life.

It looks as if you have interpreted the dream correctly. The rock hammer is a tool that can break through the toughest surfaces. Identify those aspects and you have completed the movie, albeit a Monte Python humoreous version of this aspect of your life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,
Thinking about the rock hammer brought Shawshank Redemption to mind. The movie is the source of knowledge that it’s a rock hammer. It was a tool used, over a very long time, to escape imprisonment by literally wearing away at a wall bit by bit, day by day. Possibly the Python setting and line (movie) act as symbols to connect the rock hammer to it’s purpose in Shawshank (movie). Maybe this dream indicates what’s required to overcome this negative aspect, that imprisions, is to face it head on with a hard strike rather than patient wearing away.

Through Madeline, mutual friend, Cheryl and I both know a lot about each other’s lives although Cheryl & I met only once. Perhaps intuition picked up on something the conscious is yet to see. Need to look deeper into this to ferret out the aspect.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present