Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Volcano Nation, not Vegetation!"

This morning I woke up from a dream in which someone was shouting a slogan at me--"Volcano Nation, not vegetation!" It sounded like something you would hear in a protest, but it makes no sense.

Before that awakening, I dreamt I bumped into some Catholic friends of mine (I am a Protestant). When they came up to me, they saw that I was praying and I talked to them about God--then they asked me if I was Catholic, and I said, "No." Then they said, "You ought to be. You worship like one and not like the Protestants." That is about all I can remember.

The night previous I had a dream that my parents and I were driving down a highway and my dad was speeding. I was becoming real nervous about the speed we were going and told him to slow down but he wouldn't listen. Finally, after a lot of yelling, I got him to slow down right where some cops were sitting--but then he sped up right in front of them and they followed us. My dad seemed totally unconcerned about it, and then they turned their lights on to pull us over. With that, he said, "Don't worry--I got it." He got out of the car, punched the one cop in the stomach, and then we got back in the car and started driving. I started yelling at him that he would lose his career over this (he is a teacher) and that everyone would think he was a bad man now. Again, he brushed off my comments like they were unnecessary. End of dream.

The night before that I dreamt of a house I was in being attacked by zombies. Wave after wave of zombies kept coming into the house, and the people there and I would manage to hold them off, but more and more people were dissapearing as the zombie waves came. Finally it was just me in the house and I knew I wouldn't be able to hold them off anymore. End of dream.

Do you think any of this is related to the dreams I had of my ex-girlfriend and of the young girl dreamt of?

Thanks,
Alan

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: "Volcano Nation, not Vegetation!"

Hi Alan
getting late here and so something brief
I sense a lot of aggitaion in yr dreams, internal confict perhaps ,,, the father figure / teacher representing the 'right' thing to do ie: what you should do Police ,,, authority figures ,,, and 'you' let it rip ,,,

Does this fit with the 'Volcano' ,,,, is it about to blow?

JC mmmmmm

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Perhaps something is ready to blow.

I am thinking that there are a lot of changes occuring in my thought-life and I have been reassessing some of my previous values and beliefs. A great deal of personality change is occuring, and these dreams may be telling me that "resistance is futile" that I am going to be altered whether or not I'm up for it. Jung talked a great deal about accepting oneself for who one is and where one is at. Perhaps that is why my dreams are showing me the impact that accpeting myself is doing to my old ideas.

Alan

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: "Volcano Nation, not Vegetation!"

Hi Alan

Hang in there, often just by 'seeing' what the dream is about we can negotiate an easier transition, or negotiate the transition with less damage, and more heart.

In yr first post you mentioned 'it makes no sense' ,,,, well another perspective that is very useful when looking into our dreams (and into ourselves) is to accept / assume that is does make sense, it is just a matter of shifting the perspective of our waking self to be able to see (or feel, or sense) from the perspective of the dream ,,,, (dreams don't lie to us).
Your unconscious (and your conscious mind I'd guess) like to play with words, themes or ideas ,,,, let the 'slogan' bounce around in your head for a bit,,, it can be like a clever advertising slogan that doesn't make sense initially but then it clicks ,,,
The dream seems to reflect your inner workings at the moment - seeing that is a big step
let me know how things evolve, esp the slogan
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hey Guys,
Had some thoughts (yes I know rare occurance for me!):
Does appear to be a connection of the three dreams.

Protestants could be a pun, play on words- Protestants could be a ‘grammatically incorrect’ form for a person who participates in a protest…like contestant is to contest. Could Catholic be an opposite/opposing aspect in conflict as in Ireland. (Not by any means suggesting you are of this frame of mind! Only that your psyche used this as a symbol of long held opposing forces in conflict.)

The slogan seems to connect to the zombie dream…zombies have blank facial expression and lack of intelligence, (as portrayed in film as thankfully I’ve not actually met a flesh eating zombie), a ‘vegetable’ persona. Have you viewed a zombie movie lately? (Shaun of the Dead left me in pieces. Get it…pieces?) The zombies might be the ‘majority’ in some situation in your life be it work (‘lose his career over’) or social, that your inner self views as thoughtless, ‘vegetative’, going along with the mass that you feel an internal conflict (waves keep coming and fighting them off until you alone remain). Do you view a group of coworkers or peers as thoughtlessly moving through the steps?

The volcano would then connect to the father dream. Are you a person who represses your thoughts & emotions to remain within the bounds of outer social constraints or a repressive internal judge rather than express what you really think & feel? The punch in the stomach could describe that this injures your intuitive self. (‘gut feeling’ is slang for intuition.)

To venture a guess on the slogan…’Volcano Nation’ -the true inner self (magma) desires outer expression (rise to the top), ‘not Vegetation’ – rather than conforming to the social order.

Of course, all this might be totally off base…not even in the ballpark. So don’t do anything rash like quit your job or express hostile emotions in an unhealthy way!

Thanks ever so much & hope this isn't a source of confusion in the interpretation thread.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present