Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
confused and lost-possible past life???

Hello everyone.

Ok I'vd had had this dream 3 times in my life the night before I met my husband, a year after that and two weeks ago. In my dream I am dressed in this Egyptian, Arabic, something that resembles that culture. Tons of people are around and I am getting married but the crazy part was that everyone there was presenting jewels of all kinds to me. Diamonds, rubies, and saphires. The man that was standing next to me was the man I am married to now. The next scene shows that I am pregnant but unhappy and I am arguing with another man who I don't recognize but I see his face clearly. He was dressed in white and had this weird looking sword. He's telling me he loves me and he won't wait around anymore for me I have to make a choice and he will make sure that we are far away and safe and that no harm will come to me. I told him I have to see if I can escaped. The next part of my dream is that I am carrying this beautiful baby boy wrapped in blue and white but I am scared(in this dream i always feel that my husband is controling my life and I'm always afraid of him)I am running down these stone stairs and I am telling the baby don't worry I'll take care of us We will be happy where were're going. Then I am walking on sand (which feels so real by the way)holding the baby and guess who's there? Yup its the other guy. He just took me in his arms and said everything will be ok now and he loves us.

Now here's where in my waking life the twist comes in to play. Two weeks ago I had this dream last. Last Monday my company hired a new Youth Developer to work with me and my teens. Its the other guy. What the hell does this all mean. My husband is not controlling and he is a loving man. So why is the man in my dreams showing up at my job as my new work partner?

Someone please help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31 NYC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: confused and lost-possible past life???

Hi Traci,

My apologies on the late response. I’ve viewed this dream several times but was unable to get a feel for the interpretation. Reoccurring dreams often indicate the importance of the dream message to the dreamer. It may or may not hold similar meaning at each of the three occurrences. Even though you don’t consciously recall seeing this new person in waking life it’s possible you have. Perhaps in a trade periodical, a class or long ago conference or meeting, etc. Many times the unconscious collects and stores images & traits of people the conscious mind filters out as unessential or unimportant. Then the unconscious utilizes these images & traits to communicate by way of pictures, symbols, to the conscious mind. Hence, people we think we’ve never seen before could be someone we passed on the street and consciously never entered our minds.

With this in mind perhaps the dream describes an integration of self knowledge where unconsciously there is a controlling and fearful attitude from within preventing natural growth and acceptance of inner self and new values and realization of approaching middle age. Clothing can reflect attitudes and or the outer projection of self, the persona image. Is the clothing feminine and ‘goddess like’ or more concealing or hiding? Getting married could be an inner desire to integrate a needed masculine aspect with the jewels representing unity, love, betrayal or inner talents you perceive in others while failing to recognize these same are within you.

Are you entering a new cycle, direction you wish to or must take, or even perhaps internally you feel vulnerable or helpless regarding some new situation. Ego defense may be contributing to confusion with preexisting or learned persona image, that which you present to the outer world but not congruent with your true inner self. White could be purity, innocence or even the opposite meaning death or an ending. A desire to flee a situation to seek safety is perhaps showing a desire to remain in a prior state of life which offers ‘security’ as it is known and comfortable but does not allow for growth and realization of the true self.

The baby may be that which you can become, your natural and true self, but you still resist due to fear of the masculine aspect that now desires integration and expression. Fear the masculine would exert too much control in your Self. However, with the proper influence and recognition, the feminine would remain in it’s higher place and ‘care’ for the entire self as it should. Inner assurance once you achieve this balance and integration you will all the better for it. Unsure as to the symbolism of sand in your dream. What does sand mean to you? Describe it in context of the dream (Dry, wet, warm, cold, etc) & then look for the connection. The ending perhaps describes the positive effect on your inner Self as an aspect of integration being self love.

Please respond with your comments and thoughts as it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Kathy thanks for your response. Well as for Tory (the other guy I ran to in my dream) I did meet him before. I found this out on Tuesday. Turns out that 8 yrs ago I went on a ladies only vacation with my friends to Cancun. He was at the same hotel with his friends and we sort of hooked up. As far as the clothes are concern I was wearing purple and the white he was wearing was loose. Mark (my husband was wearing red and black. And yes I just turned 31 and I am feeling older and I don't like it. So I have been having a hard time accepting my getting older.
As far as my spirituality is concerned I know I have to accept it and nature it but my husband is not so happy about that. He feels that I shouldn't explore it and should leave it alone. But I know i can't. I've always been that and I've always been told that in this lifetime I am suppose to be a high priestess.
I did look up sand and it indicates sand on the beach or in your food means to be weary of a new acquaintance trying to exploit me. But I was in a desert and the sun was setting. I looked up desert and it means bringing up issues of stagnation and periods of little growth in your life. Also, the desert could represent your loneliness and feelings of isolation. To see sand in your dream, signifies a shift in perspective or a change in your attitude. Consider also the familiar phrase, "the sands of time" in which it may be suggesting that you are wasting your time or letting time pass you by.

I also looked up sunset. To see the sunset in your dream, indicates the end of a cycle or condition. It is a period of rest, renewal, and evaluation. Some of this makes sense and alot of it is still fuzzy.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31 NYC

Hi Tracy,
Thank you for your response & additional information! This information goes far in looking at your dream.

Perhaps in the unconscious Tory represents that animus/inner male aspect as an ideal to model an animus/male aspect after. (In the female psyche the animus is presented as multiple male characters with each dream character representative of a male traits like aggression, rational intellect, competition, etc.) As Mark is unsupportive he could represent the dysfunctional animus within your current inner self/Psyche. By developing a positive animus aspect (Troy) this aspect will support and welcome that inner desire to explore, develop and nurture your personal spirituality. Which later will also work to support a healthy transition through mid life years. As you mention ‘I am suppose to be a high priestess’ perhaps this points to an archetype of the high priestess in your Psyche. And inner knowledge of the higher feminine aspect as goddess as we are all goddesses in the archetypical sense.

From the MDS dictionary:
Purple - May symbolize mystery and therefore represent, in psychological terms, deep intuition or awareness of some type as yet unexplored dimension of the self.

White - May signify pure and innocence, peace happiness, joy; but in the East it is associated with death and mourning.

Red - May symbolize passion, anger, sexuality, revolution, danger. As the colour of blood, red is the symbol of life (which is why Hindu and Chinese brides wear red); but blood, or course may also mean death.

Black - In many parts of the world black is associated with death. It is possible, therefore, that this what the colour signifies in your dream. Bear in mind, however, that death in a dream may refer to something internal: the 'death' - or the giving up - of something within you (for example, some irrational fear, or other negative attitude or emotion). [There are many possible definitions of black. I chose this one from the options as it seemed to fit with the dream.]

Note above death not literally meaning physical death but rather a psychological “death”. See the dream motif of Death here

The desert can hold dual symbolism as both a period of stagnation and a mystical place of transformation. To “ancient” peoples the desert was a place to empty & cleanse the self so to be open and receptive to the mystical experience. (For those near a desert. Same for forest for those peoples near a forest… It was symbolic of a rite of passage from this earthly existence to connect to that mystical world, which they understood is actually within us all. Perhaps the combination of being in the desert with the sun setting shows both a current stagnation of inner self, an ending of one life cycle only to begin anew with a new cycle of life. And signals that now is the time to begin this journey of inner self exploration and development as the latter years of life, the setting sun, comes all too quickly.

Being a period of rest, renewal and evaluation, ending and beginning of cycles, were exactly what the early 30’s were for me. It signaled a time to pause, evaluate past life and look for new direction in both an inner and outer sense as what was important in my 20’s was not relevant to my 30’s. And again so as I entered 40’s. I must say my journey started at about 32 with the search for who am I, what is the meaning of life and with that of course came who or what is God. So I spent my 30’s answering those questions and divining my personal spirituality and I am thankful for it. Of which all eventually led me here to Myths-Dreams-Symbols where dream interpretation, Jungian psychology and now the work of Joseph Campbell all contribute to continuing that inner journey to wholeness. At 43 I’m more comfortable with my self and the self work that needs to progress from here. For me middle age is a positive and personally fulfilling part of the journey in which the inner self thrives in the ability and time to undertake personal interests such as intense learning in subjects I always held fascination of but too ‘busy’ to devote time to like psychology, spirituality, philosophy, nature and hiking the local parks. And finding that inner compass to do work I find personally fulfilling although not financially rewarding. No, it’s not a ‘bed of roses’ as self work is at times excruciatingly painful and confusing. And I still have much road to travel and many dragons to slay but as were often reminded here it's not so much the destination but the journey that's important.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

I hope this helps clarify…

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

stats from 7-14-10 to the present