Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cups and kitchen units found under beach along shoreline

I am on teh beach featured in 'Lost'. I am standingwhere the shore meets the ocean.

I am aware of other people being with me, but I do not see them or look at them.

A man sugegsts we look for food along the beach and to dig wherever we see tiny little holes in the sand, as taht is where we will find seafood.

I am only aware ofg my own actions. I scoop out some sand with my hand and I find a china cup, creamy-white in colour. It looks new. I move along the beach a little and scoop some more sand from another hole. This time the cup appears to have a handle that has broken off. I move along some more,- another broken cup. Again and another intact cup. The cups all look clean and new, unused, not as if they have been in sand. They are shiny, prstine, apart from the dd broken ones.

Then I scopp out some more sand and frind some stainless steel/chrome kitchen utensils, then I find a deep frying unit, square in shape, like the ones used for deep frying donuts, fries etc. It is integrated into a kitchen unit top. I notice that the kitchen unit top is pale/mid blue and white squares - not chequered and not quite gingham, but there are blue lines on a white background. It looks like formica.

I feel that I have found an entire kitchen buried beneath the sand, and although I dont dig out to get to the 'floor' of this kitchen, I have the feeling that there is another storey below the kitchen level and think that a whole house has been buried or covered with sand along the shoreline. Then I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Cups and kitchen units found under beach along shoreline

S,

Some thoughts on your dream follow. I’m interested in your thoughts as to what this could mean and if you see other or different themes in the dream.

Food could be that which nourishes the inner Self or in a more severe situation that which you require for survival. Being aware of your own actions being a literal description of conscious awareness. Perhaps your Journey and the actions you consciously take to develop your inner Self. Seeing the holes & digging up cups may be looking inward and finding aspects that would serve to nourish and support the Self. However, while some aspects are intact & functional others are broken or damaged, perhaps from the way they were/are handled. That they appear unused could indicate a need to begin integrating and utilizing these aspects and working to repair that which is broken inside you.

The kitchen utensils could be awareness of tools that you have or need. Maybe the metal utensils as a pun symbolize mettle tools, the determination, spirit and courage you have or need in your Journey. The deep fryer could represent those thoughts or actions inside that internally anger or irritate, or those things that ‘fry’ you. Something you’re immersed in that could be ‘cooking’ you? Could the kitchen top point to surface, that which is initially exposed or examined and found to have lines of running throughout? Referencing the MDS dictionary blue could represent power of the conscious mind, intuitions that come from a deep source. Or could it be the flow of the Universal Unconscious within the Self, that connection? When you dig deeper you expose the whole of the source of preparing nourishment, the kitchen, possibly being the surface preparation. But you are drawn to dig even deeper and by doing so you realize the different layers or rooms are all part of the house, your Psyche and then perhaps the whole, the Universal Unconscious/Collective, which are all buried undiscovered or the knowledge at your disposal, below the conscious mind. Which is perhaps is the final message of the dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

S,

Some thoughts on your dream follow. I’m interested in your thoughts as to what this could mean and if you see other or different themes in the dream.

Food could be that which nourishes the inner Self or in a more severe situation that which you require for survival. Being aware of your own actions being a literal description of conscious awareness. Perhaps your Journey and the actions you consciously take to develop your inner Self. Seeing the holes & digging up cups may be looking inward and finding aspects that would serve to nourish and support the Self. However, while some aspects are intact & functional others are broken or damaged, perhaps from the way they were/are handled. That they appear unused could indicate a need to begin integrating and utilizing these aspects and working to repair that which is broken inside you.

The kitchen utensils could be awareness of tools that you have or need. Maybe the metal utensils as a pun symbolize mettle tools, the determination, spirit and courage you have or need in your Journey. The deep fryer could represent those thoughts or actions inside that internally anger or irritate, or those things that ‘fry’ you. Something you’re immersed in that could be ‘cooking’ you? Could the kitchen top point to surface, that which is initially exposed or examined and found to have lines of running throughout? Referencing the MDS dictionary blue could represent power of the conscious mind, intuitions that come from a deep source. Or could it be the flow of the Universal Unconscious within the Self, that connection? When you dig deeper you expose the whole of the source of preparing nourishment, the kitchen, possibly being the surface preparation. But you are drawn to dig even deeper and by doing so you realize the different layers or rooms are all part of the house, your Psyche and then perhaps the whole, the Universal Unconscious/Collective, which are all buried undiscovered or the knowledge at your disposal, below the conscious mind. Which is perhaps is the final message of the dream.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Nourishment required - yes> I would agree with this. The kitchen/utensils/cups all point to 'food' or the spiritual variety and te shore line ceraily indicates the border between consciousand unconcious thought.

I had thought of the cups as empty vessels and although pristine, they are fractured/broken. A void requires filling, but in order to be replenished I must first look to repairing teh construct of my life, as a broken/damaged vessel is of no use to anyone.

I have, indeed been buring my needs, or rather I have been subsumed by an imposed situation, wihich has torn my life apart (and I am not exagerrating).

Excavating the broken pieces has revealed that which I already know, but the fact that I have excavated them, seems to me a goof thing as I can now go about 'mending' things.

Maybe the formica works surface is indicative of a surface/veneer. I am not overly fond of formica (!) and to me it indicates artifice - as if that which I am forced to live is a lie. That what I present to the world is one thing, but underneath I am broken.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

stats from 7-14-10 to the present