Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a few questions on dreams

Question 1.)
For about 8 months now, I have been having dreams about people from my past, people I went to school with that I rarely think about, if ever at all. I did have my ten year reunion about 6 months ago and figured that was why. But since I have been in China, about 4 months now, the dreams have dramatically increased and the people are ones who I never think of and go as far back as grade school. The dreams are never the same, the only connection being that I can almost count on seeing an old classmate.
Question 2.)
I had a very tramatic experience with a dream and possibly real life about 5 years ago. I had to temporarily move back to my parents for a month, which I hated doing, while I tried to figure out what direction to take my life in. I always felt uncomfortable in the room where I stayed, I had seen things there before and have always felt something there... One night I was aware that I was sleeping right where I was, and there was some emergency I can't remember now. I just remember the feeling that I had to wake myself up. I thought I had but then realized I was still sleeping right where I was. Then I knew the house was on fire (dream) so again I tried to wake myself up knowing I had to get my parents out of the house. Again, I thought I woke up only to realize I was still sleeping, right where I was. Then I heard someone in the house. I heard my mom running downstairs and could hear someone chasing her and tried to wake myself up. Then I felt her in front of me and she was slapping me to try to wake me up. Finally, I truly woke up. At this point, a lot happened in a little bit of time. Once I realized I was really awake, I didn't expect to see anything, but I did. I saw a dark shadow of a woman standing in front of me. My reaction was that it was created by something through the window, but as I looked, i saw that the shadow wasn't against the wall, but in the space between me and the wall. Then I saw that she was moving, her hand came down and hit me one more time, which I felt as, (so hard to explain) kinda like a vibration, I guess. Then she was gone and I layed there motionless for about an hour. My first reaction was fear, then rage. (I had seen a figure like this in the same room maybe fifteen years before. At that time, she was standing as if she was looking at my mother who was sleeping. That time, I felt no fear at all. (My biological mother died when I was 3 and my dad remarried.) My thought when I saw the figure was that it was her checking up on us and I went back to sleep. It wasn't until the next morning that I realized the strangeness of it all.)
Anyway, since having that dream, I have had so many dreams where I know I am sleeping where I am, where I wake up frozen and can hear things, and I have had many dreams about ghosts. I don't mean people I know who have died (I have had many dreams of them too) but people who I don't know who have died.
I have tried to find explanations for this stuff for a long time and haven't found them yet. The last couple times I have woken up frozen, I haven't been scared or mad, I just wait for the feeling to go away.
I didn't intend to write so much! If anyone has any thoughts to share, I am eager to hear.
Thanks,
Gwendolyn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28/ currently in China (for one year) From Oregon

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: a few questions on dreams

Hi Gwendolyn,

well you are on a journey aren't you ,,, there is a lot in yr post,

In relation to yr Q1 - what is your racial background? If I assume you are not Chinese. then living in China is a great yet isolating experience. All the normal reference points (social etc) are gone, altered or uncertain. There can also be a sense of isolation. All this sets the scene for some pretty intense reflection and reappraisal / resorting. This may explain your current dreams

Your other dreams and questions raise many possibilities and launch into other areas. There are likely a number of things going on.
One possiblity is 'lucid dreaming' ,,, amybe look this up on the site.
Other possibilities are to do with self worth and how you see yourself. The fire in the house could represent just that, just what was going on for you at the time - you were the house, things were not working out and there was a crisis. Chasing your mother out of the house ,,, lots to reflect on here. It may not be your physical mother - rather your response to a deeper wiser part of you - what do ou think?
Being spapped ,,, could it be to get your attention ? like 'hey, wake up?, ' or expanding the idea ' hey wake up to yourself,,,'. All possibilies.
The shadow of a woman as you descibe ,,, could this be a part of you ? that is / was indeed hurting you or 'slapping you around'? ie : setting up the conditions for the troubles that you had at that time?
And then there is the possibility of truely psychic phenomena - mmmm, I don't know much about that area.
I would value your thoughts on the above

All the best in China, enjoy the (lunar , 'real') New Year
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Well, my sister had said the same thing (Quest. 1) about reappraisal, resorting, reflection...
(By the way, I have so many deja vu's when I get on this site) It makes sense in a vague way to me, but I want details!! I am usually a very patient person and I do trust that all will come to me in the time it is supposed to...
About being slapped around, I always felt that it was something trying to get me to 'wake up' to something urgent, but I have never figured out what it was. And that all of my waking up frozen episodes began after that night, I feel like there is some connection. I also get this strange feeling it is really obvious, maybe that's why she was slapping me- out of frustration!
I haven't heard much about this experience that I have except in a book by sylvia browne, she calls it astral catalepsy and says, the spirit leaves the body when you sleep and if your body wakes up before you get back it reacts a little like as if you died. Also, the strange vibrations that you feel are related to part of you being in another realm or something like that. Then I read, I think it was Kathy's response to someone else on this site who has similar experiences and talked about a chemical released in your body that keeps you from acting out your dreams. That is very interesting and I have some questions on that, so I think I will try to find out more about that as well. Do you know anything about it?
Xin nian kuai le! (Happy new year to you too)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28/ currently in China (for one year) From Oregon

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

China is a special place. It has very long history and big population. That means there are lots of spirit power around (at least I think so). So the Chinese say the place is "not clean". I dreamed about ghosts a lot when I was in China. But after I came to Canada, I seldom dreamed about any ghost. Some Chinese say if you have weak mind, the power of the spirit/ghost is easy to be your dream intruder.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, Canada, Alberta

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present