Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Huston Smith

Hi Gerard
I just had a look + listen to the interview linked on the front page of the site.
Huston Smith is new to me. I have not got all the way through it yet - however I have enjoyed the discussion.

In particular the modern world's loss of understanding / acknoledgement of a transcendent reality ,,, as we may say colloquially "we have lost the plot".
Also the point that the language we use to describe the day to day world has it's limitations in describing other aspects of existence.

If you can leave the link on a bit longer it would be good
Thanks
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Huston Smith

Justin,
I came across Houston Smith several years ago on PBS. When I happened upon this link I thought it important to give it space so others could hear what he has to say. His thinking is very much in line with Jung and Campbell. It is definitely cosmic thinking, going beyond the reasoning of modern religion and showing the commonality of all religions. He uses metaphor in ways similiar to that of Jung. Pretty much Campbillian thinking.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present