Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Temple

Hi, I am a regular visitor of this site and had been interpreted of my dreams as well.

My doubt is, how can one really distinguish between a dream and a vision?

Then I always view that I am in a temple(shrine) in my sleep. Is that a dream or a vision and what that it signify?

Thanks to every one in advance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Temple

hi ojavathi,
great question,
as a metaphor ,the temple could be the shrine of the soul,the centre,temples are built in the form of mandalas usually,and if you could view them from above,thats what they would look like,
dreams can be full of all sorts of strange symbols and day to day images which need sorting,
but a vision,
i think personally, it would be clear of any doubt and would be instantly recognisable,and wouldn't need interpreting,
sometimes working on a dream,you have a breakthrough,this is almost vision like,
the aha moment,the epiphany,the radiance shining through,you understand the meaning,
just my thoughts.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Re: Temple

Thanks very much Steve. I am cleared to a great extent. What does a green snake moving in a tree branch convey? I am present in an open small gathering of people.The green snake was moving in the tree branch towards us. We are watching it from the bottom.One woman was looking for it but unable to locate it. When I saw it and turned to tell her she was not seen. Does all the snakes refer to the same meaning as given in the dream dictionary?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Temple

hi,
snakes can be many things,a lot will depend on how you feel about snakes in reality.
from a spiritual point of view,
the snake in your dream could be the kundalini energy,especially as it was green,a colour of growth and renewal,
the fact you mentioned that someone didn't see it,suggests that there is an aspect of yourself that needs a little work,
perhaps there may be a referance to the various colours of the chakras,which chakra is represented by the colour green?
this may give you a clue as to the area of your life that needs to be looked at.

remember the serpent in the tree, in the garden of eden,temptation,
this may also be worth looking into.
a dream dictionary should only be used as a guide,
i would look at everything you personally associate with a symbol first,
then because of the collective unconscious aspect,be brave enough to look at ,what you consciously don't know about a symbol.
you will be amazed.
hope this helps.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Re: Re: Re: Temple

hi again,
just found some info on the green chakra,
this chakra is called the heart chakra,it is the fourth of seven,
it is related to love and is the instigator of opposites in the psyche,
mind and body,male and female,personna and shaddow,
a healthy heart chakra allows us to,
love deeply,feel compassion,have a deep sense of peace and centeredness.

if everyone in your dream saw the snake ,the group(your psyche) would be complete.a mandala!
steve.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Temple

Hi Steve, thanks once again. I always wanted that true love and a deep sense of peace and some times I experience it too. Due to that, I am unable to concentrate on day to day activities properly because there is some thing absent in our routine. I do some meditation which relieves me for a while.I learnt from this site that dreams convey the inner self which cannot be realised so easily by the conscious mind. So only I thought the dreams and visions may guide me actually what I want.

I don't remember the remaining part of my dream after the woman disappeared. I only remember the green snake and the woman after I woke up and hence not sure whether the dream continued. Is this dream related to previous 'temple' dream? I think I can connect those two. Is it possible?

Ojovathi.

Re: Temple

Hi, What is meant by a Mandala as mentioned by you in your reply?

Ojovathi

Re: Re: Temple

hi,
to my mind,
a mandala represents in symbolic form ,the soul structure,a map of the psyche,
mandalas have a central feature,
in us psychologically,this would be the self ,
in a temple,it would be the image or statue of a diety,the source,(the vehicle of the energy)
in dreams this mandala motif according to jung,is usually symbolised by,
wells or fountains set in the centre of a town square or even a temple,or any central focal feature,and as such represents the inner dynamics,
if as you say,you dream of being in a temple often, perhaps this suggests , you are or should be dealing with this aspect of you life,centering yourself,
are your energies metaphorically scattered ?
as in your dream,
if the tree is the centre,
the snake , the vehicle of the energy,
the crowd your collective self,
it is not a complete picture,a totallity,there is an aspect of you self thats off centre,(the woman who couldn't see).
if you could draw a picture of this image it would look like a mandala,and give you an idea as to where your energies need to be focussed,
these are my own personal thoughts,and i don't mind being corrected,

hope this helps.
regards steve.

Re: Re: Re: Temple

Yes thanks, now I have an idea of how to proceed.

Ojovathi.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present