Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
nightmare about Frank

Back in the 80's when I was married, my ex-husband had heard of this guy Frank in the neighborhood that had his own flooring business. I saw Frank and his wife a few weeks ago at the grocery store. I was not sure it was him cause he looked so different with his gray hair and he looked at me also. My ex-husband had Frank put down a floor for us and he said if you have any problems just give me a call. The floor was fine and there were no problems; but why did I have this nightmare the other night that I went to the grocery store and came home and I saw Frank in my kitchen assaulting his wife on the floor? How does me seeing Frank at the grocery store with his wife have anything to do with an assault? He put a floor down for us back in the 80's? I woke up shaking from this dream!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: nightmare about Frank

Connie,
The unconscious uses images as symbols to communicate information to the conscious mind. It's a universal form of lanquage without verbalizing we humans share. And animals also share this 'unspoken language' as the majority of animal communication is non verbal.

Dreams are rarely literal. Most often the images and language contained in the dream are metaphors.

Perhaps at the time, in the 80's, you encountered Frank there was a violent situation or story in the media or even in some personal acquainance experience. In it's attempts to 'speak' to the conscious the unconscious can connect two unrelated items to form this language.

Generally people in dreams symbolize a part of our Self. Some aspect, attitude or behaviour that person possess that either we also possess or need to integrate.

It's possible your inner Self, the Psyche, may be trying to communicate the nourishment (kitchen) you require, in support of the self in the process of Individuation, in desiring to becoming whole, at it's foundation or a deeply held unconscious belief, (the floor) is under assault by a male aspect within or even that your feminine self is under attack by the male dominated society we now live in. This is how the unconscious combines two seemingly unrelated 'items' to communicate a specific message. Although exactly what that message is depends largely on what you are personally experiencing in both your Self and life.

Does that make sense? Let me know what you think or if this wasn't clear. Hope this helps...

Best regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thank you Kathy for the interpretation. your insight does makes sense. I really believe that when I saw Frank and his wife it brought back the memory of him putting down the kitchen floor but the other part was scary. That, maybe, has something to do with my inner-self. I really don't know but you are most likely right about what you said. Thanks alot!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Connie,
I'm glad to have helped some. If you can look at the few days prior to the dream you may be able to identify a situation where you felt 'under attack'. And then begin to examine exactly what about it made you feel this way.

I mentioned the male dominated society as it is sometimes difficult to maintain balance in the constant barrage that abounds. Gerard and the others here often remind us it's our positive feminine traits that nourish us all but it's these very feminine traits that are constantly under attack in society.

Good night!
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present