Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Elephant

Hi, I dreamt that I am in a sea shore but sea is not seen. A black elephant was there showing its back to me.There was a gathering of people on its front and back and were pulling it on either side (front and back) and the people at the front falls down as in that of a game where 2 teams would be there pulling on the rope and those who falls is the loser.

What does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Elephant

Ojovathi,
Do you have some experience with Hindu mythology or religion?
The unseen sea in your dream probably represents unseen unconscious contents within your psyche. Elephants may represent memories, or an old memory that has re-surfaced. A black elephant may represent a bad memory. The back can represent the unconscious {it is not seen from the front} or could also represent memories that have come back to you. The two teams may represent conflict pulling at you.

Have there been past memories or experiences of recent that have re-surfaced? What conflicts are you dealing with in your life? Put this together and perhaps you will come to a better understanding of your dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes I am a hindu. Right now I face some problems in balancing my regular life and spiritual.

Ojovathi.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Ojovathi,
Being Hindu you understand the significance of an elephant in your spiritual life {Ganesha}. In the West black symbolizes evil or the negative. But in the East, and in Hindu mythology, black would represent good or the positive. We in the West tend to get it backwards. Perhaps the tug of the rope in your dream is addressing the conflicts you are having with your spiritual life in a material world. This is the same all over the world, the lord of social duty interfering with the spiritual life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present