Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiance's death

I have recently been having these dreams where my fiance either dies or has been dead for some time. I don't see her die and it is never horrific, but usually something common and unexpected. She is never physically in the dream, but the knowledge of her death is with me. I have to admit I am a bit spooked and a feel bit guilty.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Washington DC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Fiance's death

hi,
firstly you need to look at your personal associations,
if its your realife fiance,this could be an anxiety dream,what is your relationship like with her,
do you fear losing her?,is she distant?,
the other possibility,

although it was your fiance in the dream it could be more archetypal,
your anima,the inner feminine ,
it could be these traits that need to be brought back to life,
you may be in an enviroment,where to show these qualities would be a sign of weakness ,but accepting them is neccesary to psychological/spiritual wellbeing,
i am sure you know it doe's not mean behaving like a girl etc,
but more, the intuitive,feeling ,caring traits,which are important for a real relationship with a real woman.
hope this helps.
steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

It is my real life fiance that dies, but in the dream she is my wife and has died. I had a similar dream last night. Again she was dead, but it was 7 years later and I was raising our son alone. I don't think our relationahip is strained, but I never claimed to be great at the relationship thing. The insight helped me to reflect but I don't feel I am repressing my feminine side. I work with many women...could that be adding to this or am I missing something?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Fiance's death

hi jeff,
are you the same jeff that has just responded to my hidden dimension dream?
if tis you,then i believe you have a pretty good understanding of dream symbolism,
as to your fiance dream,
something that came to mind last night,
sometimes if we repress our feelings towards someone or something,the dream comes to compensate this,
you said that you wern't very good at the relationship thing,perhaps you have feeligs that you need to express to your fiance/wife,
how did the dream make you feel towards her on waking,?
i remember reading a dream commentary on a similar experience,in short,
a woman dreampt of her husband being involved in various traumatic events ,finally dying.
on waking she was filled with love for him,
she realized , she had been taking their relationship for granted,(a road to damascus moment)
the dream of his death was the realization of the bond that existed between them,bringing to the surface her repressed feelings
which is what happens in real life ,
not until a bond is broken,is the bond truly felt,
the dream could be bringing to your notice ,your repressed feelings,
maybe something to consider,

regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Steve,

Yes I am one in the same, seems like it's easier to look at others than it is yourself.

You might be on to something here though. I seem to be waking up with admiration for her. The feelings that made me first want to marry her have begun to return recently, and not at a better time either. I would have never thought that the "bond breaking" to fully understand the significance of the bond would manifest in a dream... you're good.

Any thoughts on why the most recent dream added a child to the mix?

Jeff

Re: Re: Fiance's death

hi,
the first thing that popped into my head was,
to be left holding the baby!,
perhaps this is what your unconscious was trying to bring to your attention,if you continued your present way of thinking and behaviour,
but i believe , you are on the case now,
the fact you mentioned,you felt admiration/affection for her on waking,would suggest a breakthrough,a realization,
watch your dreams,i think they will be a bit more positive.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

stats from 7-14-10 to the present