Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recurring, very bizarre snake themed dreams

Hi all, I'm Chris. I've never been one to consider dreams as having a great deal to do with my conscious self, but for the first time in my life I've been having dreams that have a very common theme. That theme, is a snake.
I'll detail the most recent dreams below:

This one was about a week ago:
All I recall from this dream is that I was falling from the sky (there was a reason why, but I cannot remember), and I landed in a swamp in a jungle. I stayed under for awhile because I feared, for some reason, that there would be a snake when I surfaced. For the record, I've never feared snakes at all. Anyway, I ended up surfacing and saw before me a large python hanging from a branch. We were nose-to-nose, and in less than a second, the snake swallowed me head first. I awoke once the snake attacked.

This dream happened 2 nights ago:
I was in my school residence (I had to leave pre-maturely due to financial shortcomings), and I was all by myself-not something that was very common when I was in Rez (I still have a girlfriend there, etc.). The place was very different, but I knew where I was. I started investigating halls and doors I hadn't recognized before, when I came to one door in particular...
I opened a door and found myself in a very large cave-like room. I was on a balcony with stairs leading down to my left. The room was deep and narrow.
I began walking down the stairs and noticed the ground at the bottom of the stairs was covered in semi-dark purple sand. I looked back towards the base of the balcony, and noticed there were different circles on the ground. I regarded them as being Driving range (golf) posts and thought to myself "I can't believe no one's found this room yet!"
So to my fortune, there just so happened to be a golf club and a ball by one of the circles. Things seemed to be good, until I bent down to place my ball.
I started hearing a rattling noise, and looked up to find a rattlesnake darting towards me. My actual first thought, literally, was "So thats why no ones down here...". I ran as fast as I could up the stairs, creating distance between myself and the rattler. But right before I could reach the top, mere inches away from succesfully escaping, I tripped.
Now this is where things get weird, REALLY weird. As I was on the ground, I turned around and watched as the snake jumped at me. It sunk its teeth into my heart, but not only that, it began burrowing into it. I awoke physically pounding my heart, but not before the entire snake entered inside of it.

So those are my dreams. My apologize if there's more information then you need, but I figured more info could lead to a better interpretation.
I've been researching a bit on snake dreams and the prognosis doesnt seem too good. Every site I've gone to has had the same description:

"A snake, being the ages old symbol of evil or satan, makes it a bad omen to have one show up in a dream.
To see a lone snake and feel threatened by it shows that you have a bad enemy that is even then working against you, it also a warning against bodily harm from an enemy."

Rather then settling for that, I noticed this website and hoped maybe someone might be able to provide me with a bit of insight, or even (especially) an interpretation of my dream. Well thanks for hearing me out, hope to hear from all of you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Recurring, very bizarre snake themed dreams

Hi Chris,
Thank you for providing the requested information and a special thank you for the additional information. You are correct in that if a dreamer provides personal information they believe may be relevant to the dream it greatly aids the interpretation. No apologies necessary! as the information and detail you provided serve as excellent clues to deciphering your dreams. Follows are possible interpretations of both dreams and a bit of information regarding the snake symbol as it may pertain to your dreams.

First dream:
This may represent the move from college to the social dictated life. The fall may symbolize leaving school, the sky as higher education or attaining higher knowledge. The new enviournment, the social dictate, would then be represented as a swamp in a jungle. By remaining submerged perhaps you’ve hesitated to fully engage in this new stage for fear of the social dragon. Meaning perhaps you’ve not been seeking a ‘career’/job, place to live, submitting to those new social pressures now upon you since you left school. The large python may, again, represent the social dragon, that which would suck you in and contain you thereby preventing you from fulfilling your real inner desire to continue your education along your chosen path.

Second dream:
Perhaps this describes the movement from old enviournment & life (school & girlfriend) to the new enviournment you now find yourself. While different and ‘alone’ this now offers you an opportunity to explore other avenues to the same goal or even other areas of interest, related or unrelated, to the topic or chosen profession you pursed in college. Left often represents the path not taken by the many, only the few, as it is the more difficult journey but it also offers greater rewards. Perhaps your unconscious beckons you to explore your deep unconscious of the inner Self (walking downstairs to the large cave-like room, deep & narrow) to search out what it is you really want to do or feel you must do. Semi-dark purple sand in this dream seems to fit with the MDS definition of purple:

Purple-May symbolize mystery and therefore represent, in psychological terms, deep intuition or awareness of some type as yet unexplored dimension of the self.

Circles often symbolize completeness or wholeness. Perhaps in your dream looking back to see circles describes you may now feel incomplete due to leaving school, girlfriend, previous life as each of these are now in an incomplete or unfulfilled stage. The driving range posts may represent each was a goal you were driven to achieve. The tools, golf club & ball, were there but as you attempted to get things in order, place the ball, an obstacle, the lack of funds being the snake, presented and overcame thereby preventing you from continuing and completing those now unfinished areas in your life. The snake entering you could symbolize that by following your 'heart' you will gain the wisdom this situation offers you.

You again are correct in seeking a different interpretation of the snake symbol at MDS. While the western interpretation of snake is often negative, based on the Christian dogma of good/evil & redemption/sin, many eastern religions and native peoples have a more enlightened view of snakes. These more positive views hold that all life, including human, follows a constant cycle of life, death and rebirth. For example the seasons change through a constant pattern. Where there is death, winter, followed by birth, spring, followed by life, summer, then again to decline toward death, fall. In these cultures the snake symbolizes this natural cycle by it’s natural ability to regenerate it’s skin and shed the old. Drawn as a circle symbolic of the whole thorough life, death and rebirth.

"As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes."

The positive in this situation is that with each end of a cycle, death, the start of a new cycle, rebirth, is on the horizon. It’s through end that beginnings foster. You are tasked first with recognizing this as an opportunity to bring for other opportunities. Not necessarily folding to social dictate but rather other paths to your goal. By presenting an obstacle ‘life’ can be offering you a slightly different path to the same goal with a greater amount of knowledge to be gained by taking the new path. OR presenting you with an opportunity to take the path that is your real authentic life as perhaps the goal you sought, the path you traveled, was not the real life but the social dictate.

I hope this helps. As always, an interpretation must fit with the dreamer. It’s possible both interpretations may not fit with what you believe the dreams to represent. If the interpretations do seem to fit, perhaps take some time to look inside your Self to explore what it is YOU really want to do. Then be open to see opportunities as they present. Both dreams appear to be deeply saturated with symbolic language of the collective unconscious. I find this in my own dreams when a significant and important point in time appears in my path. Feel free to respond with your thoughts as it would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} 43 Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present