Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
loaded gun

This is a recurring dream of my partner.

He has a loaded gun that won't go of...so he cannot protect himself. (Freudian?? )

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: loaded gun

Anna,
I assume your partner is male. If not then that may affect the interpretation {anima/animus possibly shadow self}.

Is he having sexual identity or performance problems? Definitely looks Freudian. But when you say Freudian you think instead of Darwinian {not to dis-respect the great man Charles Darwin}, old thinking that has evolved. In your case I would look at that first. You know how guns can be. Dangerous!

If not that, what about your partner is it that is loaded but won't go off? If recurring there may probably stress that is related to the dreams. Compare the two and see what fits.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Gerard

Yep he is male....on the surface it would appear to relate to his sexuality; issues I wont mention here. But perhaps, in so far as sexuality gets interwoven with other "stuff" - perhaps it is something repressed/unexpressed....anger? The gun is an angry symbol. It is also defensive...by what is he threatened?

Anna

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Anna,
The sexual issue may be threatening him. That may make him feel less than adequate because of it. He may even see you as a threat since he can not perform as he thinks he should, sexually. Has there been any anger directed toward you? Whereas his feelings of defenselessness would be a feminine aspect within in his pysche, his actions make be directed at you, the feminine counterpart to that. He may take it out ion you instead of trying to resolve his own inner conflicts.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks G

Yep...you seem to have hit the mark...we have a most complex relationship that I am trying to untangle...and what you say rings true.

If you have the time...I asked him last night to tell me the dream in more detail.

In the dream..he is in some type of war/social uprising. I asked him who the enemy was and he said "everyone". When his gun won't go off he steals other peoples guns but when he gets hold of them they wont go off either. Any gun he gets hold of to defend himself against the enemy (everyone) won't go off. I asked him how he felt in the dream and he said "frustrated".

In my humble opionion he is a most "fractured" individual...is the enemy (everyone) other aspects of his own psyche??

Anna,
His dream seems to be addressing real inner turmoil, something that may have to do with personality issues. The enemy, the issues in conflict, is affecting his whole being, more than just his physical sexual inabilities. Could it possibly be your partner has different personalities, very real mood changes? There does seem to be some real 'fractures' to his psyche. Has he sought help from a professional?

As for your question about the enemy, yes, it is most likely parts of himself that are fractured, needs healing.

Gerard

Thanks G.

Yep..you hit the mark. I have distanced myself - somewhat - from this person because I could not live with his "moods" and because he appears to function with highly distinct personalities...which need, in my opinion to be reconciled with one another. I reckon he needs therapy (as we all do)...but not sure he is open to that. Thanks again...I will venture to interpret his dream for him though..

stats from 7-14-10 to the present