Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Floating cars, huge bouncing balls, newborn babies with long hair, etc.

I would love some thoughts on last nights dream.

I am standing in an outdoor plaza I look up to see large colorful somewhat retro Trucks pulling/towing a bunch of cars in the sky. They are weighted down by the cars in back (sort of dragging them as the float past front ends pointed up in the sky). I think to myself "that is a bit odd". I am concerned that they might come crashing down as they look so heavy and they are floating rather low. Suddenly huge brightly colored, rubber, bouncy balls (the kind you see in the wire bins at a store)are falling all around in the plazza only they are 40 feet high bouncing every which way. I think "These type (at 12") don't hurt if you get hit" but I realize in my dream that at 40" it is probably going to hurt and so I run as others do.
Next I am in a large very high ceilinged building . Possibly a university or big city library,city hall or other ornate official building. I am floating up from the ground suddenly and I call to a man below me to please help me he reaches up for me and pulls me down. I thank him and I walk away distinctly feeling like I am moon walking (Neil Armstrong style)
Next I am in a preschool that my now older children once attended and I also assisted at. (I was never particularly comfortable with my coworkers). I no longer have kids there nor do I work there but seem to have reason to be there. A parent is talking to me and I say "I'm sorry was I supposed to be doing something for you? have I forgotten something?" Just then another woman walks by and says rudely, "yes you were supposed to ask CCS (another school that my children later attended) for something for the fundraiser auction and get it now!" I am offended that she is so rude and I am vocal about that but ultimately realize that I was at fault or rude for forgetting. I now see all of the teachers from all the different classes in one room sitting on the floor at separate points of the room They are busy doing things but not really doing anything(Monotonously cutting paper etc.) I go around and say hi to each it has been a long time but it is weird. I suddenly realize my newborn baby is with me ( just in the dream but this same baby showed up in my dream the night before as well) I think I should show everyone her. she is small and cute and has very long kinky hair (mid back length!) a huge chunk of it underneath has ben tied with a bunch of rubberbands and I wonder who could have done that? Many other mothers come to our aid and are trying to free the hair. The baby is crying but is soothed the moment she hears my voice.
I am at the classroom the next day again and the teacher who is still cutting shapes announces to no one in particular that she is too busy cutting and wont be able to pay any attention to the class until 11 am. Even though I do not have any kids there myself I feel as if I do and I am reluctant to leave because the kids will not be attended to ( mind you I never saw another child in the school besides the newborn). I request to ask 2 things 1. can I finish the cutting I had started when I was there the day before? Answer yes 2. I can't think of it. I am sitting across from her trying to remember as a father comes along and sits between us facing away from me as if I am not there. I peek around her and say it is ok but really it is not and as I move away I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Floating cars, huge bouncing balls, newborn babies with long hair, etc.

Gia,
I'll try to take a look at this dream tonight. My apologies you've waited for a response on this. Thank you for your patience!!

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thanks Kathy,
I look forward to your thoughts whenever you have a chance.
Gia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 California

Hi Gia,
Thank you for your patience! Working on your dream to respond later today.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Gia,
Thank you for your patience! The following interpretation is really about both inner and outer as pertains to your life. It may be close or then again, not.

Possibly feeling as though you are pulling a heavy burden that relates to juggling the many duties and responsibilities in your life. That at times you feel you can not keep everything in control, perhaps at times you feel overwhelmed by all the responsibilities desiring to retreat into a prior time when life was not as full of duties and responsibilities. Perhaps you desire to rise above this but the knowledge of this outer societal imposed life is what prevents you from reaching that place. Maybe you look to an inner masculine aspect of intellect or rational thought as an inner authority to keep you focused on the tasks although the desire to rise above it remains within you.

Perhaps that learned behaviour originated with your childhood teachings. That duty and responsibility in the social life are more important than living the life you would create for yourself. And with this the guilt that keeps you in this path although it is not your own.

Possibly a desire for self-expression in that you were taught to go along with the societal expectations in life rather than a life you create. The baby may represent a new development or opportunity to release limitations (rubberband) on your inner power, imagination or attitudes (hair) to free yourself from the social life (releasing the hair), with the help and support of your inner higher feminine aspects (mothers), your unconscious or perhaps a natural intuitiveness you possess.

You look to your new found inner knowledge to assist in removing these limitations and former aspects that no longer fit your life. The father could be ego, in that your ego, fearing these inner changes recognizes the changes to itself therefore works to impede or block and will not offer assistance. Possibly by utilizing your feminine aspects you can work around this to obstacle as your inner Self understands the ego response is not ok.

My apologies Gia. I meant to complete this Sunday. I hope this helps & please respond with feedback/thoughts on both the dream and interpretation if you have time & inclination.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Duh! Forgot to add...

Steve recently posted an amazing method of looking at a dream as though above it, looking down. This came to mind in regards to your dream in the teachers sitting at different points in the room. It possibly infers a pattern or shape that could be seen if looked at in this way. And identifying it could lead you to additional meaning in the dream.

Just a thought...
Thanks,
Kathy

Kathy
So sorry for long delay
Your interpretation seems very accurate pertaining towards my life situation.
I had interpreted the large bright balls as a message that an impending situation was not going to be as bad as it might seem. Yes, it may seem huge but it won't be so bad (soft rubber). My floating away as a need for grounding.
I am in awe of your talents!
Thanks
Gia
I will try to locate suggested reading.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Sherman Oaks, CA

I was unable to find Steve's post. Could you direct me to it by date or page?
Thanks so much
Gia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Sherman Oaks, CA

Hi Gia,

Understand about delays! Steve's post is titled:
the mandala and rejuvination centre
Date Feb 6, 2006 - I think two pages back.

Thanks!
Kathy

stats from 7-14-10 to the present