Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
voice from dad!

A couple of nights ago around 3:00 in the morning I was totally startled when I heard my dad call me by my name. He passed away in 2002 and I had asked him to always stay near. I don't know whether I was dreaming or not. It was definitely his voice. Someone told me to light a candle and tell him it is alright to move on and he will always be in my heart. Other people have told me that the voice was not your dads, it was the "prince of evil" as we know "Satan" who fools us into thinking it was. I do not know what to believe. All I can say is that it was very real.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: voice from dad!

hi,
i just had to respond to your post,
firstly,its what you think that counts and not what you are told to think,
i have been here too,met similar response,
dreams compensate mostly for lopsided attitude,
things that we have built into consciousness that are wrong,and detrimental to our spiritual/psychological wellbeing.
the important thing to ask yourself is,
what effect did it have on you consciously,
as that would be the compensation you needed.
hope this helps.
steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

Hi Connie,
I would like to echo Steve's comments. What was your initial response to hearing your dad's voice? and then how did your conscious mind react?
My dad's death prompted me to review the essesnces of my beliefs, which led me to reflect on my true nature in this human form ,,,, what is your 'bed-rock' on these things ,,,
additionally - could this be viewed as a 'eake up call'?

All the best, JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australai 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Thanks for responding Steve and Justin. Their might be some subconscious thoughts planted in my brain ever since he passed on. I did ask him to always hang around me and now maybe he is calling my name to let me know he has to move on. Whatever it is, I hope he is happy. I only heard his voice once but if I do hear it again at some other time then I am going to worry. He was always joking when I was younger saying that you better always do the right thing and behave or I will come to haunt you. Hmmmmm I started thinking about what he said years ago and now believe maybe he is haunting me but there is only one problem, I have done nothing wrong so I don't know what the answer is?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: voice from dad!

Hi Connie,

When I read your post I thought of a dream I had when my grandmother passed away. I hadn't seen her for years before she died. It has been a few years since she died. My mother told me she was sick a few months before she died, and I had final exams and was very busy but was wanting to write her a letter.

It was in September that my mom told me my grandmother was sick. My finals in December kept me busy, and in the spring I got caught up with spring finals again. But in early spring, in January (this is years ago) I had this dream: a beautiful ruby ring that was supposed to be given to my mother, but that my grandmother gave to me instead was stolen.

A few months after that my sister ran into me on campus. She chatted with me briefly and I told her, I have to go study for my finals now, she called after me, hey, by the way, Grandma died. My family didn't tell me when it happened. It happened exactly the day I had that dream!!!!!!!! My sister was telling me this months after it happened.

Anyway, I'm sharing this story because the lesson I got out of it is that for me, the ring also symbolized my grandma in someway, and I knew I was losing her...or that I had lost her, on some level, and that I had a connection with her even if my family tried to severe it by not telling me about her death. (My mom said my parent's or brother wanted to tell me, but my sister jumped in and said she would, ((but she had no intention of doing so, in my opinion otherwise she would have called me right away and not said it...by the way...)), kinda mean don't you think???)

You asked your father to be near you after he died. I don't think that just because someone we care about dies that we don't have a connection with them anymore, and that connection is probably going two ways, you with him, and he back with you, and just because there is a connection doesn't mean they haven't moved on.

It probably was your dad, and not satan, at least that's what I think, and when parent's call out their kid's names, they are usually calling them to something or asking them to do something.....or warning them about danger....

Does that maybe apply to you?

Hope this helps and best regards,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Connie,

As I'm still a newbie at dream interpretation and learning as I go, I'd love your feedback on my thoughts. Please let me know if anything that I said resonates with you.

Thank you,

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present