Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a bird in the hand?

Hello all,

My dream form last night is puzzling
I am not sure where it was - somewhere outside ? somewhere to play perhaps.
Three people plus me - I am watching, maybe waiting.
Two or them are throwing and catching a little bird. The bird is part projectile and partly flying. Sometimes they would throw it to the third person.
I was not sure if the bird was a pet, captive or trained to do this; or if they were 'just playing with it'.
There was something in the bird's beck, I could not see what it was.

Any clues / thoughts ?
Thanks, JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australai 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: a bird in the hand?

Justin,
Of course the symbol that has to be understood is the bird and what it represents. One clue may be the 3 people {which would be other aspects of yourself} and you. 3 + 1 = 4. Wholeness? The third person may be the egocentric self, the waking person who has the responsibility to deal with the bird. The bird is being seen in different possibilities which may represent confusion. Is it a pet, something that is a intricate, loving part of oneself, or is it a captive,
not being able to fully express its intentions, perhaps feeling pressured into something it is not?

Try to determine what the bird may represent in your life. There are many possibilities. Knowing that you are consciously aware of your hero journey I would think its meaning has to do with that journey, and the hero pattern within.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: a bird in the hand?

hi justin,
in addition to gerards comments,i would like to add an extract from one of joseph campbells talks on myth and the journey,
a young boy has a bird as a pet,his father tells him we can't just feed a bird,and he kills it,
when he killed the bird,he killed the song,and with that, part of his own soul ,
i am not suggesting that you have done this at all,
but i am wondering if the message of the dream may have something to do with not taking something seriously,ie playing around with it,
just my thoughts/
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

Re: a bird in the hand?

Hi Gerard + Steve,

I guess not surprisingly both interpretations are revealing to me, and both on the mark.
Interestingly as I lay in bed this am reflecting on things this am, my thoughts came back to something that I have thought through before, bu this time there was more clarity.
I have been contemplating the issue of our True Nature; animals express their true nature and it might be called instinct. For me at present I cannot feel the deeper purpose of my life - it is obscured. In Hindu tradition this is 'maya' or 'parusha' (forgetfulness) - we forget our true nature, that is the divinity within us.
Back to the dream - birds sing as part of the expression of who and what they are - when we listen to the birds song they are joyful and purposeful - I feel like the captive bird at present being thrown between pillar and post and not able to express, or even get back to, my true nature.
Joseph Campbells story of the captive bird never really made sense to me before, and I feel will be a useful reflection (and warning) ,,, if we do not feed the bird,,, the song goes out of life (indeed the song has largely gone out ot my life - it is faith in the Universal that keeps me on the path).

Thanks guys,
Justin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: Re: a bird in the hand?

justin as you have said,
the one expresses itself through the many,
but the many forget they are one.
you are not alone on the journey!

steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

Re: Re: Re: a bird in the hand?

Thanks again Steve
It does help to have 'bird of a feather' connected via this elecronic medium - otherwise it can be hard to feel connected to travellers (seers perhaps) who speak the same language and know the journey
Justin

stats from 7-14-10 to the present