Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreaming my recently dead grandmother

This morning I dreamt being at my father's sister house. She was preparing lots of food (pies) and also preparing wool-based clothes. My grandmother (who died 10 days ago at age 75) was sitting next to me in the table and was trying to eat a pie. But her moves were slowly degenerating and she was moving her right arm as if she was talking to someone (same moves she did in the week before dying). I realized she was worsening and that she was close to her moments of death.
Next to this, I felt like wakening, but it wasn't a real wake up state. I turn my head to the next pillow and saw the face of my grandmother: dead. Then, I see her moving quickly her left arm, and shaking it against her body. I tried to calm her down "Grandma, grandma...calm down!" Then, I woke up - really - terrified.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Dreaming my recently dead grandmother

Elona,
I would think most who interpret dreams would believe your dream is partly a result of the passing of your grandmother. That personal aspect is so relevant to your life, and so soon afterward her passing. The actual denigration of her health can be as much literal as it is metaphorical. But your psyche recognizes the denigrations related in some way with your life. It may be a true metaphor for you also, in some aspect of your being.

As I stated the dream is most likely addressing your emotions having to do with grandmother, and at the same time confronting some other aspect of your life. The dream uses the same symbols to address the waking conscious life that is prevalent because it is your life, and those less evident aspects that are probably semi-conscious, perhaps even unconscious, but have great say as to who you are, how you act, what you believe.
Is there a part of your life that you may feel is being denigrated, dissolving, perhaps something that is causing serious change in you {death is also symbolic of changes- a death to some aspect in your life with a resurrection or rebirth to a higher knowledge, a better person-if one heeds the knowledge being offered}.

About the dream. Is it also describing your personality. Are you a type that performs a lot of tasks, perhaps things that men usually would do?
Observation:
father's sister's house-your masculine aspect's feminine side

Does this say something about your personality, or how you wish this were an aspect you possessed?
Preparing food and wool-based clothes is a difficult task. This would be the masculine aspect within you doing the required difficult tasks.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Dreaming my recently dead grandmother

Gerard, thank you for your reply. It is true that I am recently going through some important changes in my life: I am thinking to rent a house with my boyfriend and move from my parent's. I also take much responsibility at home, even more than my father does or my brothers do. It might be that I am over-developing my masculine side and I feel that. I have neglected my needs for the sake of the others and have done little for keeping myself healthy in each aspect. Thanks again for your insight.
Wish you the best,
Elona

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Albania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Dreaming my recently dead grandmother

Hi Elona,

I just posted a dream and a reply to Connie P's post about hearing her father's voice who passed away. I dreamt of my grandmother's ring the day she died. Perhaps you may find it also interesting for you as well?

Let me know what you think.
Best wishes,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

stats from 7-14-10 to the present