Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cheating (again!)

Here's another recent dream I had about my recurring nightmare dream theme:cheating.

Two of my friends who happen to be married to each other and are both psychologists in real life, are in the car.

The wife is driving.
Her husband is cheating on her somewhere else.
He is also the same husband who is sitting next to her in the passenger seat.
I wake up thinking- the husband cheating on her is the same husband sitting in the car with her.
Then I remember, I dreamt the same concept but in reverse about a week ago, where I'm cheating on my husband but the man I'm cheating with is my husband!!

All these dreams of cheating and abandonment are making me wonder what is going on in my psyche and my marriage??!? I still don't have any clarity.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Cheating (again!)

Hi May,

Can I suggest that you record the dream as it it - always come back to the dream - what the dream describes, and your feelings in the dream (very important) ,,,, get to down - as you write it down don't be trying to analyse it, just put down what comes out.
Then reflect on the dream ,,, just let the images and thoughts of the dream waft around in your head, while doing 'mindless' tasks is good ... feel what comes up.
Best not to try to interpret initially.,,,
you can still do this with the dreams you have already had.

Some thoughts on this dream,,, psychologists brings up the idea 'all in tne mind'
The fact that the women is driving may be a clue to who is really driving your life ,,, is this your feminine driving ? ie: taking the lead. Is this appropriate?

This seems to me as though the cheating is within you - what does the idea of cheating mean to you if you think on how would you cheat on yourself / what would it feel like if you were to cheat on yourself?
Our inner life is like a marriage too, joined for better or worse ,,, the union of the masculine and feminine within

mmmmmmm, good luck - keep us posted
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australai 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Anna

A though - 'who is driving your life?' ,,,
Dildo - 'artificial stimulation'

Are you being artificially stimulated / driven by masculine aspects of yourself ,,, and thereby cheating on 'yourself'?

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australai 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your insightful comments and suggestions. I think that in some ways, I maybe letting the 'feminine' sit in the driver's seat, and this maybe too passive, unfocused and slowing me down in life. I definitely agree that these dreams are telling me that I am cheating my self in life. In one of my replies to Kathy I mentioned that I may be 'robbing' myself of the freedom to pursue my own religious and spiritual path. I think that's part of what's going on but I don't think it covers everything. Your comment about the 'inner marriage' was also very helpful. I am going to try to shift my understand of my dreams from the outer marriage to the inner one. I think having that kind of focus will make it easier to understand what my dreams are telling me about myself.

One of my 'big' insights I had after reading your comments on my dreams was about my 'masculine' side. I think it is very underdeveloped. I don't know where I got this idea, in my dreams, it was doing just fine. But maybe my feminine side is also very underdeveloped.

I'm still trying to figure out what my dreams are trying to tell me. I'll try your suggestion of just letting the dream flow and writing out the details before I start to analyze it.

Thanks again, your comments were really helpful.
Best regards,
May

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi May
Thank you for feeding back - the Forum is a learning area for us all. In a similar fashion to writing down the dreams (committing to paper), by writing my interpretations I commit myself to what I see in the dream - some on the mark, others miss ,,, however it keeps the process open to learning on all sides.
I have been struck for myself recently how dreams that I had some time ago, still pop up in my thoughts when I get more insight - just let it keep washing around and in its own time it seems to get clearer.
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the helpful comments. Am happy to contribute to this great learning forum.

Best,
May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present