Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dog

Hi I have had similar dream a few times, not often but I remember similar ones over the years.

I dreamt of a dog, kissing me, funny enough,
it felt like a person kissing me, deeply.
I can't remember much else, apart from a weird feeling upon waking.

What could this symbolise? A kiss of a friend or something more?

thanks, any ideas appreciated
Magdalena

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: dog

Hi Magdalena

I too had a similar dream...but with wolves.

This led me to the book "Women who run with the Wolves" for obvious reasons....do you have a copy? Lots of pointers in this excellent book....

Are you generally a "controlled" person....I was..and have had to work at certain "instincts" for want of a better word.

Not sure of this relates but I thought I would tell you about it.

cheers
Anna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

I'm having computer problems so I couldn't read the original posting. I had a dream a week ago regarding dogs. What have you all found to be the symbolizm?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Magdalena,

As a Virgo Dog I have some interest in these themes.

Well dogs can symbolise part of your animal nature ,,, what does that mean ? Doing what 'comes naturally' might be one way of considering it. Your instinctual self. Loyalty etc.
Are you getting clearer about the positive aspects of yourself along these lines?

JC -

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

I wish i could say more about what i felt about this dream, and what i think it means, but i really don't know how it fits into my waking life...

thanks for your replies everyone...
just busy with work here :-(
take care
Magda

p.s i actually thought it was a 'sexual' dream but your thoughts seem otherwise

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Australia 23

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Justin, when I thought of your reply again,
i thought this instinct may personally mean to me 'acting on impulse'
Yet this could be both negative and perhaps positive..
normally we think of a kiss being associated with positive things, could a kiss also be a kiss of 'negative emotions'i.e a kiss of betrayal, harming the 'positive' nature of the person being kissed?
does this make any sense? :-)

thanks again
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Australia

Re: Re: dog

Hi Magdalena,

yes you response makes sense; however dream interpretation is about things makins sense ot you.
IfI look at the dream in that light ,,, for me, I do not like to be licked on the face / kissed on the face by a 'dog' ,,,, could this dream be referring to something else that has happened to you ? or some situation you are in or have been in ?
Your own feelings and perceptions are very important here - the fact that you felt that was a sexual dream is probably relevant

thanks for your reply, take care
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: Re: Re: dog

Hi Magda,

Dogs can symbolize loyal friends and healthy instincts. Maybe that part of you is awakening and you are making a deeper connection with it, especially in regards to some aspect of your life? Perhaps you are connecting with your instincts more, or becoming more aware of things, better able to sniff out information and stay on track....features that dogs and wolves, if healthy are known to have? And you are embracing more closely this part of you?

Please let me know if these ideas resonate with you. Best regards,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present