Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Universities

I'm in a gym locker room at the university where I research,talking to a friend, N, whose dad in real life is a multibillionaire tycoon married to a member of a royal family. Modonna (the famous actress singer joins us.) They are giving me conditioner to use on my hair as well as a newly invented product called hair toner, following the lines of facial toner but for hair. Of course George W. Bush joins for a while too. (What is he doing in the ladies locker room????) I leave and at night I go back to the locker room but this time it is more like a pantry and I'm scavanging for more conditioners but find food. I'm looking in my younger sister's locker but don't hestitate to look in other people's locker's either! It is summer time.

Then, I'm climbing up these really wide and scary stairs that are just suspended in air and don't have any railings or anything foundational under them. The whole time I'm going up the stairs I am terrified and don't know how I made it. When I think I'm done there is another set of stairs I have to go up and and I'm so afraid I will fall into an abyss. I have to climb these stairs to go to the campus cashier (2nd university) to fill out paperwork for my thesis and pay for it, a nominal fee. The strange thing is that my thesis has been approved but I know that it requires more editing. I pay the bearded cashier. On the way to his office, I had to ask for directions, I think two times.

Now, I'm jogging on the track. There is a huge crowd and some kind of convention, but I'm doing my own thing and jogging happily and feeling good that I'm stretching my leg muscles and moving. I go back and forth. The track isn't a circle, it's a straight line. I jog it twice, once going out and once coming back in.

I'm at a third university, this time its my Alma Mater, and one of the departments is telling me to tell my brother-in-law (Sister's husband) to pick up his money from the office. Now we are playing computer games. It has a virus or something and the screen keeps getting so flooded with pop-ups that I can't play the game. Morever, my mouse seems disabled so I can't click on the corner to make them go away anyway. They are extremely annoying and frustrating. The game is for a person to click on a laundry basket and get the clothes from one basket into another. It's very straightforward but these mouse and popup problems were complicating things. Also, the game had a pretty woman in the role of the player, she looked like Zeina. It was my brother's computer. (Not my brother in laws). My brother was sleeping this whole time. Also, I had glue on my fingers and was using that instead of a mouse. Kinda like a touch pad concept on a laptop. The glue, however was making my finger's stick, but in the dream it was supposed to do the opposite but it didn't. So my brother woke up and joined us. Then there was an envelope of handsized, minature, Lebanese singers, like fairies, who were singing a lovely tune. I was also using too kinds of glue, not one, to try to fix the computer. Finally, at the end of my dream the back of my neck was burning from the hot sun because I was at such high altitude.

The symbolism of the lockers, according to hyperdictionary, is revealing that which is hidden. I thought the pop-ups on the computer may represent elements from my unconscious that are trying to become known and that I'm finding annoying or frustrating??? And the burning sun made me think of the myth of Icarus who flew too close to the sun and had his wings melted and died because of his Hubris (pride.) And the stairs maybe about fears of failure, or fears of success, or the precarious journey of going into the unconcious and coming back out safely, the challenging road to consciousness. The bearded cashier somehow made me think of Hermes, because Hermes is usually known to be depicted with a beard, as in Alchemical representations, and also because of his location at the top of the stairs, after I successfully got there.....the message make it out of the unconscious to the conscious.

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Three Universities

In hindsight,

I had this dream six months before I got accepted into a second master's program. This dream is predictive.

'Then, I'm climbing up these really wide and scary stairs that are just suspended in air and don't have any railings or anything foundational under them. The whole time I'm going up the stairs I am terrified and don't know how I made it. When I think I'm done there is another set of stairs I have to go up and and I'm so afraid I will fall into an abyss. I have to climb these stairs to go to the campus cashier (2nd university) to fill out paperwork for my thesis and pay for it, a nominal fee. The strange thing is that my thesis has been approved but I know that it requires more editing. '

Indeed, as I recall the journey through the two master's degrees, at times 'don't know how I made it' but I did make it. even though,'I'm so afraid I will fall into an abyss.' Most of my published papers were generated by the research I did for the second master's and I am now working on my third degree...

which the thesis for it has been approved (months after this dream) 'that my thesis has been approved'

this dream showed my emotional state in regards to my education and also predicted the success of my outer journey.......

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present