Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Husband's Family

My husband is the younger brother of one of my ex boyfriends and takes on his middle name. (The middle name of the ex.) I realize in the dream that means that my current husband's mother and father are my exes mother and father and have the same psychological and personality characteristics. In the dream, I am fascinated by this fact, as it is a revelation and makes me realize that I know more about my husband's parents than I thought I did.

Thanks,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Husband's Family

Hi May

A possible interpretation -
Could it be that you know more about your inner masculine than you think you do / or put another way - that you see the links ,,,, a feminine trait - connectedness

It seems for me that dreams sometimes just want to show us something, how it is or that we are clever enough to trust what we inately know, affirming that we do know the connections.

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Justin,

I think you are right about that.

In the dream I was really surprised after I made the conclusion that the parents were the same.

The dream is certainly telling me that there is a similarity...brother=relative=related=relation=relationship. Hm...need to explore more what those precise links are exactly. I mean, I need to explore the traits of the 'brother' and the ex to see what they say about my masculine aspect. I made a list of my exes mom's personality traits and personal characteristics.. it could apply too. The dream is also telling me, "And, you already know that!"

Thanks for all the help. Your comments and questions are great!

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Justin,

As I search for common themes to my dreams, I want to add a real life fact about this particular ex-boyfriend who I dated many many years ago. His mother was repeatedly raped by a group of men at the same time when she was a young woman. I don't know if this real life fact has any relation to my dreams, but I did have a dream where my mother was repeatedly raped. I don't understand this disturbing change in my dream themes..first it was my animus who was abandonning me and cheating, but I have had other more positive animus figures and my dream husband is getting better. Are these dreams trying to make me face the affect of patriarchy on the psyche? I think that is a major theme of my dreams. I'm just wondering if this real life fact that I heard about a long long time ago has anything to do with my dreams or is just not relevant.

Thanks,
May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present