Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I am King

I am a king that is on the run from the army of a rival kingdom. I decide to send my queen away with my elite army of warriors. I instruct her that if she should never see me again that she should take a consort from among the warriors. I tell her this because I know that no matter who ever she takes as a consort he will care for her and protect her with his life. After these instructions I immediately send her away. Time passes and word gets back that I was captured and killed. The queen mourns my death. In honor of me she tosses aside her queen's attire and takes up my warrior's suit and instead of taking one of the warriors as her consort she chooses the affections of one of her handmaidens. Finally, she mounts a war horse in full armor, heads to the front of a battle-ready army, turns to the warriors and says " I am no longer Queen Tinini you shall now and from now on call me Tinino." And after this proclamation she leads the army into battle.

If anyone has any insight into what this dream might mean I would really appreciate it. The only other bit of information that I can give that might be of help is that prior to going to sleep I was thinking about the changing role of women in today's society.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Michigan

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: I am King

Nina,
Thank you for the additional information. When a dreamer provides possible personal meaning, activities and/or thoughts prior to a dream it’s a great help. Many times a single dream will address multiple topics in personal, collective and spiritual, etc areas. Because the unconscious can ‘multi task’ it can and does communicate on several levels with the use of symbols as metaphors. Just as a specific word often has several definitions so do symbols. I preface the interpretation(s) with this as I see the possibility of multiple interpretations, each addressing a separate subject.

Personal (changing role of women in today’s society):
Possibly showing the male dominated patriarchal society (king). In that, this status quo is on the run from feminism, the feminine (the rival kingdom). The traditional male and female roles are changing with women exerting influence and exercising more prominent leadership roles in many traditional male arenas (politics, business, religion, military, science, etc ). That females are repressed, and kept so, by the surrounding patriarchic society as the male ‘defense’ acts to encapsulate the female in it’s ‘lesser’ role in society by a notion of ‘honor and protect’ which really means make them subservient and powerless. George Orwell’s double speak (1984). Then realization that more females are employing the exact same male methodology in society. That to rule one must make ‘follower’s’ or to possess power there must be the powerless. So females change in a negative to emulate the overly masculine role rather than a balance of positive male and female traits.

This comes to mind each time I see a news report about a female authority that abuses that authority in the same manner as a male. Example the recent glut of female teachers engaging young (11, 12, etc years old) teen males in sex. I’ve noted society labels a male who engages in this behaviour as a pedophile and predator while omitting this for a female who does exactly the same. Hmmm…a predator is a predator, regardless of gender. And another example Gerard has posted is the behaviour of many females displaying aggressive driving in SUV’s. It’s still about power, emulating the unbalanced male in society.

On a deeper personal level the dream may speak to an animus issue. With the king being an overly masculine animus trait. The ego (I) may perceive a need or desire to repress the feminine aspect to place the male aspects in the forefront as a perceived protection measure. (sending the Queen away & surrounding her with elite warriors). The ego (I) may attempt to create a condition where the masculine aspect remains at the surface (if ‘I’ die, utilize another male aspect/’consort’). And possible dual symbolism in the unconscious recognition that a ‘King’ aspect is not appropriate and to perhaps utilize a more balanced male aspect. The animus, as it would be not be properly developed, would fail in this function (captured and killed). The animus is a necessary part of Self so this loss would leave the feminine without proper interface with the outer world (mourns death). That the feminine assumes the king’s warrior suit possibly describes an unbalance. Assuming the current male role in society is negative as it’s overly developed in the masculine, so the Self is again unbalanced as shown by choosing affection from a handmaiden/female. (Assuming you are not a lesbian. If you are lesbian then the interpretation changes as this would be allowing your true Self expression in a positive note.) Changing the name from ending in ‘i’ to ‘o’ is symbolic of the change from feminine to masculine. (Some cultures differentiate male and female by the name suffix. Ex. in Japan ko is feminine while ta is masculine, generally.)

Please let me know your thoughts. As dreams are specific to the dreamer these may be close or not. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kathy,
Thank you for taking the time to study my dream. I find your interpretation insightful. When I think about it I have often been perplexed about the role of women now-a-days. I have noticed what seems to be increased male-like behavior among women. And as I try to progress in the professional world I wonder do I have to exhibit the same aggressiveness that I see other women exhibiting as an effort to be competitive with men. Even in a predominently female environment it feels "cut throat" although a bit more subtle. I'm glad that women have gained more independance and freedom but if we seek to advance by emulating imbalanced masculinity then what will happen to the feminine? I guess what really troubles me is that I no longer understand what it means to be feminine.
As far as my orientation, I would say that I'm straight but as of late I've developed bisexual interests. As I've looked into this I've read that such interest could be a need to experience relationships that exhibit more "feminine" aspects such as tenderness, sensitivity, understanding, kindness, softness etc. But that's just a suggestion. This is all new to me so I'm just taking it one step at a time.
Thanks for your insight.
Nina

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Michigan

Hi Nina,

Thank you for your detailed response and feedback. This is as much a learning forum so dreamer feedback greatly assists my education in learning about psychology, particularly as it pertains to dreams and the Psyche.

The modern female role in the patriarchal society is evolving. Your femininity is yours to define. Much of the feminist movement waged by prior generations was about correcting the prolific untruths by the male dominated societies. Historically, as a male leaves the family unit whether by choice (his or hers) or death, the female assumed full responsibility for the survival of herself and children, with fewer options to effect survival due to societal restrictions and prohibitions put upon women. Single women with children have always been the bottom rung of the economic ladder. Exceptions are those societies that are culturally focused on the harmonious balance of feminine and masculine. Only in the miniscule elite class, in patriarchal society, was the female less prone than the male to the harshest conditions of everyday life. The misconception that females have ever been a ‘weaker’ gender is a great disservice to both women and men. In fact, if anything, women have continually shown a deep inner strength to continually overcompensate for the societal inequities.

With absolute power each gender possess’ a potentiality for corruption and abuse. I do not believe the answer is women assuming power. I’m hopeful a much more balanced society will evolve which recognizes and honors the gifts and strengths of both genders. The positive contributions to be made will come from those who recognize this balance and work to achieve it. With this I find Jung, and Campbell, indispensable tools in effecting a higher level society. The model of Individuation incorporates, necessitates, balance of feminine and masculine traits, opposites, within the individual. Masculine rational intellect, analysis, discrimination, etc balanced with feminine intuition, nurturing, emotion, etc. I took license to modify a passage from the I Ching, Richard Wilhem translation as in this form it appeals to both my rational intellect and intuitive sense:

“The Self is society in the embryo; it is the foundation on which performance of moral duty is made through natural affection, so that within a small circle a basis of moral practice is created, and this is later widened to include human relationships in general. When this order is established, all the social relationships of the inner Self, then extending to all life, will be in order.”

For some, bi sexuality is simply an outward expression of inner acceptance and honor of the gender within. It not an either/or situation or a lack of firm distinction but rather an acceptance of both genders. Your thoughts regarding orientation are probably correct. Akin to this may be an unconscious need/desire of the inner Self to integrate one or more feminine traits. Perhaps your unconscious recognizes these feminine traits in other females. This unconscious desire could then be projected as a physical/emotional attraction to the females that possess the traits your inner Self deems necessary.

If you’ve not had a chance yet take some time to explore the Myths, Dreams, Symbols site. There is a great deal of relevant information, and links to even more, for the feminine Psyche. It’s a wonderfully supportive place to start exploring and defining your own femininity.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

stats from 7-14-10 to the present