Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please I need help interpreting this dream

Hello out there!

I have been pondering so much on this dream lately and it worries me that it may mean something negative. I dreamt I received what seemed to be an engagement ring; but as i was looking at it in the dream, I wasn't too impressed with the design and thought to myself "Pity it isn't a princess cut". Neverheless I felt conformed and I remember seeing it on my finger. It didn't feel at all tight around my finger nor did I feel it loose enough for it to fall off. It was a gold ring with tiny diamonds around it. Im really hoping this dream is not a bad omen when it comes to my relationship of 5 years. I'm not engaged yet :(. Could this mean that I will always be accepting towards him and conform with his ideas no matter what? Please could someone help me because im starting to get paranoid.

Thanks so much,

Joce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Please I need help interpreting this dream

Jocelyn,

You appear to understand much of the symbolism in your dream. Although I don't believe this is entirely 'negative'. Perhaps your unconscious is asking you to examine your 'ideal' {Princess) of marriage compared to what marriage really is. The ring fits well neither restrictive or unrestrictive. The ring design appears to be the Anniversary type, given after many years of marriage as a symbol of renewal and life together past and future. Thus the many small diamonds, rather than a single larger diamond, represent the many years spent together in marriage.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

I THINK THAT THIS DREAM MEANS THAT YOU ARE ANXIOUSLY WAITING TO BE PROPOSED TOO AND MAYBE BEACUSE U WANT IT SO BAD YOUR EXPECTING TO MUCH.SO IN YOUR DREAM YOUR NOT ENTIRELY HAPPY BEACUSE YOUR BASING TO MUCH PRESSURE IN YOUR LIFE ON MARRAIGE.I'M NOT ENTIRELY SURE IF YOU THINK AOUT YOUR BOYFRIEND ASKING TO MARRY YOU ALL THE TIME BUT IF YOU DO I THINK THIS IS WHAT YOUR DREAM MEANS. IF NOT, I THINK THAT MAYBE YOUR JUST A LITTLE SCARED AND YOUR DREAMS ARE GETTING THE BEST OF YOU.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21, winnipeg

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

I think this dream might be suspicions that you're not with who you should be or where you should be?
The ring not fitting exactly right----doesn't "feel right." And that it is not what you expected. You comformed and accepted it because it is something you were taught too do. There seems to be some serious self-esteem issues behind accepting it because it is "the right thing to do" even though it's not exactl what you want but you are afraid to question it, or you believe you don't deserve what you really want out of it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30/milwaukee

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Thank you all so much for replying.
The truth is i am actually very anxious and i do think about marriage very often. My boyfriend has talked to me about marriage in two years time, which leaves me feeling worried considering we've been together for 5 years. I think he worries too much about our financial security and he would like to purchase our home before our wedding. Mind you, the week i had this dream I found a house I liked very much for us to buy, but he didn't (maybe the ring had a relation to that?). It would be great if he proposed, so i can feel 100% secure that we will be together. I love him dearly and i do not want to lose him. But 'time' scares me a little as people say that many things can happen in one year. I am really hoping this dream does not mean i will lose him or that he isn't the one. Like I said, I didn't feel the ring too tight around my finger, and it wasn't too lose for it to come off. But Kathy was right, the ring looked very much like an anniversary ring. Maybe I worry myself too much on the 'what ifs'.

Thanks so much

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femail

stats from 7-14-10 to the present