Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gigantic snake disappearing in the air.

Okay I had another snake dream...what is going on? I am at church in my hometown, when alot of people i haven't associated with in a while are all there. I say my hello's and all. We all leave and go the my grandmother's house. As I get out of the car, I see a gigantic snake in the sky. This snake was so beautiful. It was a green/yellowish color. The only thing was it had 6 heads. Everyone noticed the snake, and started running. I was scared for a minute. I then did something crazy with my eyes and it disappeared. So we went into my grandmother's house and chatted for a while. Then everyone was leaving and the snake came back. One guy yells out "don't worry, she can make it disappear. So I did and I woke up. What does this mean. Help me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Arkansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Gigantic snake disappearing in the air.

The first dream is bringing to consciousness an issue to examine and address, possibly something from the past in regard to a childhood experience(s). (returning to visit your mother, your mother’s house) This issue repressed in the unconscious is the source of a fear and/or worry that threaten you. Your instinct is to run even when your mother, in the dream, tells you they are not poisonous. Possibly results in a lack of trust. When you encounter this issue in your waking life, you may have a tendency to evade or ignore it, or rise above it, until you become fed up. At which point you may experience anger then become the aggressor. What the issue is only you will be able to uncover. Dream interpretation allows others to see much of what is happening but usually not the source. The only possibility that comes to mind is still only a symptom, not a source…Do you deny something bothers you, even to your self, (a learned response of being ‘nice’ even at the detriment of your self), until you become angry then express the anger rather than dealing with an issue head on at the start?

The second dream is much more positive possibly indicating the attention you are paying to your inner Self via listening to the unconscious communication in your dreams will lead to personal growth. That paying attention can lead to a transcendence in discovery of your true Self. The church could be the spiritual aspect in you. That you greet and welcome it into your life although you do not yet know or understand this spiritual aspect. Your life Journey is to move toward the higher feminine, the wise self within (grandmother). This will act as a catalyst in transformation from the negative to the positive, from imbalance to balance, as you resolve the issue which is the source (as described in dream one). Once you discover the issue, see it by looking for it with a different view, you can then wisely work toward balance leaving the fear behind.

I hope this helps. And as usual dream interpretation can be close or not at all. Look for an Aha! Feeling and if none then we can look at this again with your feedback.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thanks Kathy. Maybe you are right. Could it be some type of aggression I have with my mother. I am the oldest of my 3 sisters and 1 brother. So I had alot of pressure put on me. I was so passive towards my mom growing up, even when I knew she was wrong, but I never corrected her, even when it was false information about me. When I did something not up to her standings I was always compared to my "no good dad". But she always made excuses for my siblings. I never say anything, but just respected her. I was a honor student in high school but I could always do better. As I grew up I learned that alot of things my mom told me when I was younger turned out to me false as I grew up. However, I did confront her on one issue and she never spoke of it again. It seems that when I am around her I do get a little nervous. I am 30 years of age and when I hear my mom's car pull up at my driveway I hide my wine and ect., but one sister will not hide hers. She always say she is grown, but I tell her that's mamma. In contrast, I am so open with my day and I am able to communicate with him better. Could these dreams be about my aggression towards my mom.?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Arkansas

Hi Jo,
Absolutely. In interpreting dreams others can see symbolism and read a general outline of what a dream may be communicating. But it’s always the dreamer that knows for sure exactly what a dream means. With your response I would add to the interpretation the snakes represent your mother’s past actions that follow you even now, buried in your unconscious, as the acts you now engage in to avoid her disapproval. Repressed into the unconscious without proper license can surface as emotional turmoil especially in your mother’s presence. The open and ommunicative relationship with your father is positive. It probably acts as a counter balance to the not so positive mother relationship. Although properly addressing your real feelings toward your mother, acknowledging these to your Self would be a good first step.

I find writing a great way to examine and begin to address repressed issues then release those issues. I record, in all honesty, all the truths. Reading them over, adding or adjusting until it ‘feels’ right. Then I hang on to it, refer back to it & reread whenever I want. Once I feel the issue is properly addressed in the inner Self I make the outer actions. For example, talking to the person, or even just accepting the truth inside, then I then tear up the paper as a symbolic gesture or ritual. For me it brings the issue to full consciousness allowing as long as I need to really find my truth then I feel the release from my unconscious.

There is much information on the MDS site on finding your own method to work through unconscious issues. Perhaps start with the Women’s Dreams page and look at the site directory for anything else that feels like a good fit. Hope this helps…And thank you ever so much for responding. You’ve been a great assistance to those here learning about dream interpretation and psychology!

Just a note - I will be off the Forum from tonight until Saturday evening. So if you have addtional thougths I won't post until then.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

stats from 7-14-10 to the present