Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eagles

I was in a montainous area and went hiking. At one point I saw eagles at a close range. One eagle was hurting another. I thought the big one would kill the smaller, but it didn`t - it just hurted it.
The dream was in a positive atmosphere. I was hiking and felt strong at one point, when I actually could run instead of walk. I saw a woman who I ran by- she had hurted her foot.
There was a bus that I needed to take to go down from the mountains. I missed it, but I did not feel bad because of it. I felt at ease, because it just meant that I had to stay in the montains for a little longer.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41-Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: Eagles

Lars,

I must preface this interpretation with an intuitive feeling...that you have been in the Jungian process of Individuation for some time additionally with Campbell's influence? My intuitive feel of the dream is that you have, and perhaps are at the threshold of Return. I could, of course!, be wrong...

The dream appears as Rescue from Without in the Hero’s Journey. That in achieving this now higher spiritual Self, spiritual enlightenment, the Self was wounded or weakened by the experience, possibly the higher feminine aspect. Your progress feels easy and faster than you anticipated. The bus would be the vehicle which effects your Return. The assistance from without. Perhaps you prefer to remain in the spiritual realm, living the sage, rather than walk in both the spiritual and physical worlds? What does the following passage evoke in you?

"The hero may have to be brought back from his supernatural adventure by assistance from without. That is to say, the world may have to come and get him. For the bliss of the deep abode is not lightly abandoned in favor of the self-scattering of the wakened state. "Who having cast off the world," we read, "would desire to return again? He would be only there." And yet, in so far as one is alive, life will call. Society is jealous of those who remain away from it, and will come knocking at the door. If the hero. . . is unwilling, the disturber suffers an ugly shock; but on the other hand, if the summoned one is only delayed - sealed in by the beatitude of the state of perfect being (which resembles death) - an apparent rescue is effected, and the adventurer returns"
-- (The Hero’s Journey Joseph Campbell)

Let me know your thoughts.
Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present