Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
evil tiger v. protective tiger

After I helped a friend's cat transition to a new owner by stroking & reassuring it when it would let no one else touch it, I had a semi-concious dream of a golden/black cat. It was meowing quite loudly on my bed. (mind you, I thought myself as a dog-person all my life so it came as a surprise.)

Three months later, I am going through a rough break-up with my bf and I had a dream about tigers yesterday. I am being protected by a large orange tiger when a black & white tiger is searching and finally attacks me. For some reason, the orange tiger shoots an arrow in the head of the evil tiger, immediately killing the beast. I don't know how the tiger shoots the arrow but it almost seems as if I was holding the arrow yet the orange tiger was doing the shooting...

I know this sounds very odd... Can someone help me interpret this dream?

Thank you so much.

namaste.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, portland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: evil tiger v. protective tiger

Hi Maya,

Thank you for the additional personal information. Although as you’ll read below, sometimes the interpreter is limited by strong personal association to a specific symbol.

Perhaps due to the breakup with your bf you’re now relying on a strong masculine trait, protection, aggressiveness, etc within your inner Self. That you can no longer rely on this outer male aspect so possibly need to once again find and develop this within. That the white and black tiger is depicted as evil does throw me so I’m unsure as to what specifically the white tiger means in this dream. (In my Psyche white tigers are the archetype of light and shadow, spiritual and physical, a perfect blending of the two in the physical world, a mystical symbol of the metaphysical/spiritual. I mention this only because my Psyche could influence this interpretation based on my inner development of this symbol.) The strength of this emotion may be a source of focusing on intellect rather than intuitive thought (white tiger?) This strong male trait, possibly aggressiveness (orange) could then be identified as any negative issues hindering your natural intuitive ability. Head rather than heart…? By refocusing on a return to the feminine spiritual this would effect a return of your natural intuition.

I’m not sure if this helps. As I mentioned, the white tiger is a very personal symbol for my Psyche so may color the interpretation even though I consciously attempted to see outside of my personal connection to the symbol. Let me know what you think, even if this interpretation feels totally wrong!

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Kathy-

First of all, thank YOU for writing me. It means a great deal when one receives a kindness, an unselfish act from a stranger.

Your interpretation gave the right thoughts and hints to put a puzzle together. I should have been more clear about the "evil" tiger -- it was a black & white striped tiger.

I agree with you that the orange, protective tiger that revealed itself to me because of the break-up and my need for a masculine, protecive figure. (This didn't even occur to me because I was so caught up in the dream!) Also because the white & black striped tiger seemed like a shadow of my orange tiger, I have an understanding now that the "un-shadow" part prevailed over the shadow of the tiger.

I still do not know what the white & black striped tiger represents, but I probably need to think it through a little more.

Kathy, thank you...

namaste.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, portland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi Maya,

In your response you may very well have unconsciously identified the black and white tiger symbol - your Shadow. Perhaps in the stress of the break up your Shadow attempted to project in the situation, either on the ex bf or another, even upon your Self...(seeking attack).

In the waking realm white tigers are not all white, they are striped white & brown/black, just as orange & black tigers are, so I used the term white tiger. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused on that.

And thank you for posting your dream and response. Your kind words humble me. It's the dreamer's response that ultimately facilitates our Journey's. Our quest for deep understanding then enables us to continue to learn and support others as they Journey. Here we learn to bring together many related aspects (Jungian psychology, Campbell, intuition, mythology, metaphor, etc) in one song, one chorus so to bring additional depth to our inner lives individually and hopefully collectively as well.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present