Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream Interpretation

Recurrent dream of food since past 5-6 months either i am eating myself or the food is getting prepared or we are going to eat something. something related to food comes repeatedly which has never being a normal pattern of my dreams. also associated with drastic rise in appetite since a month.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, India

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Dream Interpretation

hey doc,
a quick question regarding a statement in your dream (I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly); you stated that you were eating yourself---now, did you mean that you were by yourself, eating a meal---or did you mean you were eating yourself as in a cannibalistic sort of way?)

The first thing you have to look at is your relationship with food; for many people, food means many different things. Do you eat when you are hungry, do you eat all the time (being an emotional eater)what do you eat? For a lot of people, food in dreams is equated with knowledge and eating relates to learning. When you say we, do you refer to family, friends or co-workers? Is there any sort of feeling of importance when you are with these people? Like you are celebrating, or mourning, etc?

A lot of people like to take literal translations of dreams---such as "here is food for thought--or chew on this" and then to have someting to eat (either alone, or with friends---means that you are about to share something important with the people in your life, or they you---or that something is about to happen and you will learn of it shortly (something is about to be served up).

Subconsciously, your appetite might be increasing because of the dreams of food, that's hard to say...it could be psyiological as well...obviously you want ot rule out any health matters...

most important part of figuring out this dream is finding th emeaning in food. What does food mean to you. And what do the people you share these poeple mean to you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30/milwaukee

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Hello Jeff,
Thanks for your reply.
everytime I had different relation to food in my dream- SOmetimes with friends or family- enjoying time out, sometimes partying, sometimes just eating or something is going on and the food thing is in backgroud. everytime different.
latest dream- i see myself at the community gathering with lots of people around- some i know, many i do not know.i am kind of wanting to relate to them but cannot because they are all in their own states and are not relating- not because they do not want to but they cannot- a kind of sick or melancholic state. a grand dinner is organised but i do not like there and leave. in next scene iam driving a bike and suddenly reach an area where i know is a modest eatery i had been before. i order food there. it is last helping which they give me and i eat. i ask for more but they have finished for the day as i have been late.then my mom appears on the scene and tells me that she had kept aside the food for me. but i decide that if it is over let it be- i do not want to eat and thus the dream ends.
in the end part there is some sadness.

relation with food- have always enjoyed food though a moderate eater but a healthy food relation. have never dreamed of it in so many years except now.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Eating is defintitely a physical necessity and often an emotional one - but there is a broad raneg of 'emotions' that can be connected to eating.

Something is consuming you. You are denying yourelf something emotional.

A melancholic air about the situation with your family. A feeling of reluctnnce/denial with regard to nourishment.

You are 32 - is birth/death/regeneration currently an issue for you at the moment, more so than at other times? Are you considering your heritage, how you fit into the cycle of things/family?

Are there any legal concnens , especially surrounding your family - inheritance/litigation. Do you feel powerless in any way?

Are you somehow denying yourself the opporunity to nourish yourself emotionally/do you feel emotionally starved, in need of repletion but scared of it at the same time?

This 'emotion' could pertain to career, family, interests or the desire for a family of ones own.

Do you have children/want them?

You wish to feel sated, but are reculctant to be. You feel apart/distanced from those who could nourish you/some part of yourself that maybe you are neglecting to address?

What do you think?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Hey S,
Its amazing what you are writing.
yes there is a small inheritance issue going on in the family wherein i am unable to voice my concerns or rather handle it the way i want to and yes it is bothering me. i want to state and be heard but is not really happening.
with this the family ties are not as they ought to be which probably makes me feel starved.

Thank you S, it has been amazing. if possible i would love to know how did raech this conclusions regarding litigation/ inheritance, etc.

I just read your post and it didnt really require analysis, its as if the situation was all there writen between the line.

I saw your age on your profile and it was 32. I cast my mind back to when I used to do astrology charts about 20 years ago (I am 39 ) and counted round the astrological houses, of which there are 12.

Count round to almost 3 times, i.e. count 32 houss and I got to the 8th house - the house of birth, death, regeneration, inhertiance, taxes.

I dont know why I knew, but it just leapt out of the page at me. I do not read every post here and I am an infrequent vistor, but I clicked on your post and read it and though 'aha! I know what this is about!'

Ihope that your situation resolves itself and that you soon feel more replete/settled with your circumstances

Selma ('S')

With regard to feeling 'starved' of the opporutnity to voice your opinions, I find that SAndalwood (readily available in India!) oil is very beneficial not only for meditation/relaxation but is great for aiding selfexpression escpecially vocal.

Put a couple of drops in water and heat gently (i.e. with candle burner) - inhale vapour in room.

Mix with almond or other carrier oil (2 drops o 5 mls of carrier) and apply topically to throat/neck area.

Practice brreathing techniques (I dont know if you do yoga, but 'breathe' into the throat area, concentrate ob all chakras and opening them up, escpecially throat chakrs)

I konos that this works as I too have had aan ongoinf legal issue in which I have been effectively 'sienced' and even began to have a sore thrioat as what I guessed was a sort of pstchosomatic reaction to it.

These things helped me to regain my strenth, self asserion, to find my voice, or at least the one that would be heard and heeded.

Have some reiki or whatever energy therapy equivalent is avaiable/suitable for you.

You may find that traingular yogic breathing also helps, as will concentrating on stomachic breathing /focussing.

You feel 'starved' - you feel 'gagged' . Deprived of nourishment, you feel empty, so it is no wonder the image of food fills your dreams.

Do you suffer from any digestive disorders at the moment?

You may indeed feel replete w- with concern/stress but this needs to be displace with a feeling of warmth and openness, not denial of oneself.

I hope that some of this helps you!
Selma

Dear S,
your sugestions are pretty welcome.

i have been doing meditations for quite some time now, also certain chanting and breathing techniques which has really been helping me a lot to remain more balanced in any given situation and also to be more open with my expression as compared to before.

but i think this given situation turned out a little more than i could accept and as i see it now i was getting a bit resentful about it since some time.

but once i understood it and things came to light with the help of this dream i feel somewhere i am more accepting to the whole thing and able to let go where it not required to put your energies.

thank you so much.

Priti.

Its good to hear that you already know how to 'let go'.

Sometimes it takes a while.

This is what I said once about my own family and inheritance/money matters My great aunts and uncles, my father and his siblings):

Where do family values sit when avarice comes to dinner?

What I meant by that of course is that 'family values' often disappear altogether when there is a dispute concerning money/when people want money.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39,uk

stats from 7-14-10 to the present