Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream of Picnic Table and Rape

I am going to post the dream exactly as I wrote it in my journal, after I woke up.

A woman is setting outside under a tree- she is a decoy, impersonating another woman, a famous actress of someone wanted, to get the attention off the real one- and on to her, the decoy.

She is very, very thin, an anorexic waif, and has very, very long, stringy, brown reddish hair, and is wasting away. She is wearing big sunglasses and has very pale skin.

She is sitting at what looks like a park bench, or in front of a picnic table in a park. She is a sitting duck. A predator comes from behind her, grabs her neck-wraps his arms around her neck and has taken her- and me with them- to an exclusive hotel. At the moment he approaches her I know she was impersonating me, to protect me.

In the hotel room he is cuddling her and then he rapes her. I am watching this and I feel sad, devastaded, as it this was happening to her and not me. (That's what I wrote in the journal!! but I meant to write, I mean, as if this was happening to me and not her.) I felt betrayed.

He had been cuddling her affectionately by lying on top of her. Even though he was a predator, a kidnapper and had evil intent- there was still a betrayal because he went from cuddling her to raping her- penetrating her against her will in one second. Also, the position he was in while cuddling her was very dominating. He was lying on top of her but his legs were bent at the sides. He was an extremely large and tall man- and very white and overweight and heavy-and he was on top of her- probably squashing her. There was something extremely repulsive and disgusting about these physical traits he had.

After this scene I am frozen in shock then I realize the betrayal and I run out of the room- in the hotel lobby I see her again- she is thin but now her hair is short, black and curly. she's wearing sunglasses. She leaves, self-confident and assured and I think to myself- she left after being raped, happy, self-confident and fine- and I'm standing here freaking out?? And I freaked out and left all my stuff my hotel room?? She's gone through worse than me but she is better off.

So I go upstairs in the hotel and find service and ask them to get a maid to help me clean the room and retrieve my things. When I fled the room I managed to take my Jewellery, Wallet, Keys, Money, ID, etc, but nothing else. Of course I was terrified to go back into the room by myself. They sent up a cleaning lady up ahead of me- I got there and she started vacuming. She was wearing a White Dress. (Strange outfit for a cleaning lady.) It was a white linen dress. The linen was starched so it was stiff and not flowing. It was an A cut but not as wide at the hips and skirt. At the bottom of the dress-starting at the knees and going down- it had simple white flowers strung together embroidered on the dress with thick white thread going from the left knee to the right ankle in a delicate pattern. (That's how it looked, but it was actually going from her right knee to her left ankle.) It was a very delicate pattern. I get all my clothes and stuff so I can leave but am afraid to go to my parent's house. I go to the university and get a dorm room instead. There were some things happening at the university, and I found a pair of pants in or near my dorm room made of some sort of furry material like a blend between fur and some sort of shaggy velvet. A street vendor was selling them on campus. That's the end of the dream as far as I remember.

When I woke up, this dream didn't really bother me and I almost forgot to write it down. But after I did and started thinking of what it might mean I felt upset and wondered about the symbolism. Also, for me, picnic tables have a happy association with family celebrations, birthday parties, gatherings of family and friends together, holiday celebrations, etc., from childhood on. And the white linen dress, made me think of a wedding dress.

This dream is also similar to the one I had about my mother being very thin and being raped by intruders into the house. In that dream and this one I don't think I'm as upset as I should be. Actually, in both dreams, I'm more upset than they were, but considering that they weren't upset at all that isn't saying much. I'm really wondering about these dreams and have a lot of thoughts but I am not sure so I would really appreciate hearing from people on the Forum.

Many thanks,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Dream of Picnic Table and Rape

Hi,

I meant to write, a famous actress, OR somebody wanted, not of. And I didn't know the last smiley was lauging..am far from laughing about this dream.

Thanks,
May

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi May,

Well I shall stick my neck out again ,, please let me know what you think. I shall just put down my immediate responses as I read, so there is no refinement ,,,, I feel it is important to give you the raw thoughts as I know you are well along in your self understanding and self inquiry. This may give you more to work with on a personal level.
I can recall some of your previous posts, and there are similar themes.
This dream seems to expand these previous themes and may be reflective and acknowledging of your understanding.

This dream raises the question of where in your life are have you come across these predatory aspects / what aspect of you are predatory ?? Once again the issue of power (patriarchy over feminine).
Have you put out a decoy, a false part of yourself that is interacting with the world ? This may have been to protect an inner part of yourself, howver now you see (feel) what this is doing to that part of you.
Do you remember the big strong man (?with small penis) in one of your dreams - do you sense any similarities between them?
It feels to ma as though is energy levels are actually low, almost sloughtful (tamas in Indian ayuvedic medicine) + perhaps greedy.
"He" is squashing the waif-life feminine ,,,,

I think that she is not 'better off' rather your rational mind is being 'freaked out' by what is going on - the dream is impersonal. (In some representations the Indian Goddess is taking Shiva's intestines out while he disinterested ,,, Kali has no anger ,,, nothing personal).

You are trying to retrieve your things ,,, put your life (likely inner life ?) in order

Well here is a surprise ,,, the cleaning lady in white + flowers - the feminine + symbols of great purity ,,, SHE is cleaning up ,,,, Your association with a wedding dress is significant.
The left right issue could allude to how things might look in a mirror,,, or how you could mix things up (the masculine feminine aspects for example).

Your parents house (again ,,, it was in another of your dreams where your mother was raped if I recall correctly). Just what does this symbolise ? because you are 'afraid' to return ie: return home ,,, return to the place / state of your birth ?? your true nature ? So you pursue knowlegde (the university), and the dorm room would suggest that it is not a permanent state for you.

Could it be that you have been going through life 'as a child' and now are seeing the world in a different way. You are seeing the rape of the feminine by the patrairchal systems of the material world. Picnic table are also very public,,, so this may be your public face.

There is certainly a 'tension of opposites' in this dream : fat -. skinny (greed - denial ,,,both forms of self violence); male - female; victim - predator.

Some thoughts:
decoy ,,, to take the attention off the real you; sacrificial
starved etc - sounds anorexic ,,,
an exclusive hotel ,,,, power symbol

A lot in this dream May,
keep mulling it over
As always I appreciate your response
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

a bit more

Hi May

I saw this as I was looking through the MDS site

"Let us look at some of the forms in which the soul-image may appear in dreams. 'The first bearer of the soul-image,' says Jung, 'is always the mother'."

mmm
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: a bit more

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your posts about this dream. I appreciate your ideas.

I think the park, park bench/picnic table, the hotel and the university and the dorm are all public places. I think the university/dorm can represent patriarchy as well; it is a male-dominated arena, to do well one must espouse, subscribe to and propogate masculine and patriarchial values...the feminine isn't really so welcome in academia. I think in light of that the street vender selling furry, shaggy pants gives a clue..something of a more feminine, natural, instinctive nature is needed to help balance masculine and feminine. Though pants are not a particularly feminine symbol. Additionally, for me, every single location in the dream, the park, the hotel, my parent's house, the university and the dorm room all represent temporary places, temporary states. None of them are 'home', none of them are sheltering, nurturing or stable places. Does that reflect my state of mind and what I'm yearning for?

I think the association with the wedding dress is significant as well. The dress was white linen but it wasn't flowing, it was stiff and starched...not very feminine if feminine is more loose, relaxed and flowing... I thought of the word 'maid' it is very similar to maiden, in fact, it was a maid in a while linen dress; a maiden white linen....

Is it the feminine's job to be sorting things out, cleaning things up????

So, the man in the dream definitely represents patriarchy. That's how I see it, as something grotesquely dominating, heavy, and excessively greedy. It is distructive to the masculine as well as to the feminine. Is that man also symbolic of the animus? does that mean that my animus is also totally dominated by patriarchial values that are excessive and destructive and preventing 'it/the animus' from fullfilling its proper role of getting things done with its masculine energy?

I can see also that 'she' represents the femininine. She is anorexic, wasting away, thin, hardly their and very,very weak.

Is the cleaning lady/maid giving me clues as to how I can free the feminine from patriarchial domination? by cleaning/sorting things out? I went back to the hotel in the dream to get mostly my clothes, I had my purse and other important items with me. Clothes generally represent the mask/persona/outer life. Is that a clue that I need to sort things out in my outer life? Is it about having a persona that is hiding the real me? This is sort of matching with the fact that the woman in the dream was a decoy and impersonator of me. After she left the hotel, her hair was short, and hair can signify vitality, energy, health, well-being, another effect of being dominated by patriarchial values is the loss of well-being.

I feel like the 'decoy' the false self is presenting itself to be sacrificed to patriarchy to protect the real me. Maybe I'm afraid to put myself out on the line because I'm not naieve about patriarchy and its values and because I feel like I can't change it, I hide behind a compliant mask. Also, I looked up Tamas, and I can see that is an accurate description of heaviness, materialism, and darkness. In the dream, as Tamas represents ignorance, and universities represent knowledge, I think it is symbolic of an attempt to move out of ignorance, but universities can be ivory towers innoculating patriarchy as well. I am asking myself in what ways am I being materialistic, ignorant, and predatory...I'm guessing this would be in regards to the Feminine. Maybe in my quest to procure and consume knowledge, learning and understanding I am undermining Feminine values such as being rather than doing, receptivity, connectivity...? I am still at a loss to understand how to 'redistribute the weight imbalance between the thin, anorexic, starving waif feminine, and the heavy, squashing overweight of the masculine/patriarchial'. Any ideas here? Also, In the dream I didn't want to got to my parent's house. Wouldn't this represent a yearning to move forward, grow up, not remain a child?

I also noticed a few opposites/dualities/binary oppositions: Thin-Fat, Woman-Man, Victim-Oppressor, Submissive-Dominating. Long hair-Short hair. I can see this as a sign of imbalance. I'm wondering what else it might refer too...discursive thinking in Eastern philosophies maybe? The masculine and feminine are pitted against each other instead of being in cooperation.....how do even begin to rectify that????

Also, I can see totally how this dream is connected to many of my other dreams. I agree the mother represents the soul, as well as the Feminine.

Any ideas how to change it without getting harmed in the process? And how to balance the masculine/feminine and nourish the feminine more? I know eastern traditions have excellent resources, and philosophies. I also ordered some books from Marion Woodman....

Thanks again. I think your interpretations are right on and help me see things that aren't obvious at first. I really appreciate it. I just don't know where to go from here or how to change things...

Thanks,
May

Re: Re: a bit more

I thought of something else. In the Prologue of the Grail Legend, one of the Maidens is raped by King Amangons..who also stole the Grail. The Grail may symbolize The Feminine, the quest for the Grail is the quest to restore the Feminine....

http://www.lundyisleofavalon.co.uk/mythology/holygrail/wasteland.htm

The Prologue to the 'Conte de Graal' tells how the Realm of Logres was once paradise on earth.

Throughout the land maidens lived by sacred grottoes, wells & springs

They served wayfarers and the realm was at peace.

Then evil King Amangons ravished one of the maidens, held her in captivity, stole her sacred bowl

Thus was the sacred realm of Logres turned into wasteland

The court of the Fisher King disappears

And from the Oracle of the Grail Code (I hope it isn't against copyright laws to put this online).

"The Grail story begins with a prologue about an otherworldly lost paradise, named Logres. It was a time when the handmaidens of the Goddess guarded the sacred wells and springs. It was their task to serve those who traveled with water from their golden cups...there was peace in the land....until black-hearted King Amangons raped one of the sacred maidens and fliched her golden cup. .. this behavior continued until the land became a wasteland."

The themes in the prologue are similar to themes in some of my dreams....

May

Re: Re: Re: a bit more

Hi May,

At present I don't have time to do justice to, or think over your reply posts _ I would like to do so and shall do so howver it will be some days (after the hectic holidaying of Easter).
I ahve skimmed through and I must say that it seems like you are really well versed in how to go about looking at and learning from your dreams - in a way that fits for you

all the best
Justin

Hi Justin,

I recently read something online that may shed more insight into this dream. Hal and Sidra Stone, some authors who wrote about the Inner Critic, have also written about the Inner Patriarch. As a result of living in a patriarchial society, women have internalized what Stone calls 'a Shadow King' which is the embodiment of patriarchy, and internalized Inner Patriarch seperate from the Inner Critic that likes to abuse women in terms of their gender, not in a general sense and keep them in line and thus oppressed with patriarchial values......

Am not sure if this particular concept applies to this dream symbolism but it is not too far off...
I can see if I have an Inner Patriarch and how he deals with my femininity....I have already done work with making my inner critic more conscious and thus quieter...

Best,
May

Re: Re: Dream of Picnic Table and Rape

Hi May,

It is noteworthy how our dreams can open up avenues through which we learn;
often i 'just seem to find' what I need at the time ,,,

I have thought about this dream quite a bit (it's imagery is so powerful, and definite) - and it seems a clear reference of the rape of the feminine by patriarchy ,,,, for better and worse I am very aware of it now.

In my dreams I have had repeated themes of dominant women (ie dominant over me - prison, school, nurse,,, and a few more) - i just couldn't work it out until I read more about patriarchy (and maybe matriarchy is the same, I am exptrapolating what I have learned). Marion Woodman refers also the 'negative mother' and so the combination of 'negative mother' (who may also be a mother who was consciously not there for her family, children) and patriarchy seem to be intertwined ,,, traits being passed down through the generations.

well done - best
Justin

Hi Justin,

So true. As Patriarchy is harmful to Masculinity and Femininity, so to is Matriarchy damaging to the Feminine and to the Masculine. In both cases, Patriarchy and Matriarchy are distortions of the Masculine and the Feminine. Literature, myth and folklore abound with examples. The Ice-Queen of Narnia, under whose reign winter never ended, nothing could grow. Spring, rebirth, renewal, hope and resurection were no more. Or Snow White's Mother, who was killed her own daughter, with the aid of her father. Hecatate, one of the faces of the moon goodess, in one myth looked away when a maiden was taken to her destruction. Demeter and Persephone; Demeter was searching for Persephone but too late, and Hecate did nothing to stop Hades from raping and kidnapping her. Hansel and Gretel's step mother convinced the father to get rid of his own children. Cinderella's wicked stepmother did all she could to heap misery on the half-orphan girl. Literature abounds with examples and with the archetype, as does real life. Perhaps these are all different manifestations of Mother Nature, the Divine Mother, perhaps the Feminine must have a dark side, as much initiation occurs in light of the dark side, on this I am not sure, but the dark side is there. Look at what happens to the male characters in these myths, in the literature when they are exposed to this type of negative feminine...they abandon their children. The get away with destruction. They lose moral principles that would guide them to protect the vulnerable. And in place of a healthy masculine, predatory forces take over the forests, and the maidens. Could this also explain what sometimes happens to men and women in real life?

I looked at your dreams that you mentioned. In one of them you were severely tortured and Steve commented that it could be an initiatory dream. I thought of the Ice Queen of Narnia, and the coldness of a matriarchial archetype that has no compassion, nurturing, those are feminine traits this archetype lacks. Her extreme coldness burns, worse than frostbite. So cold it feels burning hot.

Absolutely I think that where there is Patriarchy, the (sadly) "natural" response is some Matriarchy. Why? Because there are natural and healthy forces at work trying to balance, but when part of an organism is so deeply out of balance (Patriarchy) some natural healthy force is trying so hard to compensate for this and comes up with an equally distorted version of the feminine, a hardcore type, a Matriarchy. Both are destructive, and both breed and feed back into each other and stimulate each other, like the human brain for example, when its normal seretonin levels are low due to excessive chemicals that are replicating it, but because they are not 'true', the brain stops making its own, becomes dependent on the false source, develops a chemical dependency or what we call addiction, shuts down any ability to overcome the true lack of the chemical it does need and plummets into an every deeping cycle of destruction that damages the entire body. Other examples of systems abound, in ecology, in archeticture, in societies, so on and on. I think the trues in Myth can even be applied to these areas.

So, in light of this, I am sure that as a man may suffer from a cruel, cold and debilitating Matriarchial figure, so can a woman. This can be caused by her own mother, or societies Matriarchial pressures to make her join in this 'reaction'. And a man can suffer deeply from an 'inner Patriarch' as well. Maybe this would expand beyond Jung's ideas of only women having an animus and only men having an anima. Clarissa Pinkole Estes writes that she and other Jungian analysts believe women also have an animus figure, the Wild Woman Archetype that is similar to a healthy Wolf. (Not the big bad wolf of Little Red Riding Hood).

I am also really happy that my dreams are opening up so much for me. The potential is great and what you describe as dreams opening up new avenues is similar to synchronicity. Meaningful coincidences that correspond between my inner world and walking life. I sincerely wish that my dreams can guide me to all that I need. (Jung says that there maybe a benevolent guiding hand that saves us from the danger, yet other times the dream shows us the danger but not how to get out of it and other times, it leads us right into danger. ) (So, that's why I am trying to be careful with my dreams.)

Thank you so much.

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/abroad

Re: Re: Re: Dream of Picnic Table and Rape

Hi Justin,

I have just finished making a drawing of this dream's imagery.

In addition to all that we have discussed and all that has not yet unfolded to me...I found another theme.

I am wondering if the dream imagery is talking about something happening physically in my body, my health.

Seeing the images on paper brought new ideas to light. Also, I drew some of the different images from different angles. There are essentially six parts to this dream...the breakdown:

1. Woman sitting under a tree in a park, wasting away, pale, thin. I thought disease...maybe cancer. She is sitting under a tree....instinctive nature...the body. THIS TREE HAS NO LEAVES. It is sick, dying. Its an Oak, I think, without acorns. In the drawing, the way the woman was sitting, either from a front view or side view showed that she was emerging from the tree...same in my dream.

2. The predatory man...his physical description..overweight..extra flesh...extra growth..what is cancer...overproducing, excessive, unregulated cell growth...on a metaphorical level a grotesque and over excessive...overweight on the cellular level.

3. What he did to her. Rape. What cancer does to the body...it takes over it, dominates it, shuts down healthy systems, rapes it.

4. The position he used...he distributed most of his weight over her breasts and reproductive system...breast cancer, ovarian cancer...(hard to detect by the way, ovarian cancer.) I drew this part of the dream from two different angles as well, side and birds eye view.

5. The Hotel. I wrote the word down. The first three letters jumped out at me from the page...HOT. Inside the body, particularly the reproductive area ... and that is where he physically dominatated her...in a HOTel and related to HOT parts of her body.

6. Lobby. This is a stretch, but slang word for breast is boob...so bob...and the L. Left breast. Breast cancer.

7. Going upstairs to get service. My dreams and psyche raising my consciousness, my awareness of these health concerns and asking for help.

8. The cleaning lady. This one is good. Why would she vaccuum! White Blood Cells! Our friends in healing! They eat the bad things in the body! They vacuum them. Leukocytes, the more sick we higher the higher the count, the more we need them.

9. All the dreams I had about doubling. Four breasts...extra growth on the breasts...cancer...ears, showers, cows...undigesting...malfunctioning...

10. The abyss dream. One of my worst fears..after seeing what my mom went through with cancer...and we can have a higher potential if our mom's had it.

11. The cancer surviver dream. In the dream, this redheaded woman survives cancer, by using natural methods...this stands out for me. I essentially made a decision to leave pre-medicine a long time ago and chose a different career path. I felt that western medicine divides the soul from the body and this can make things worse. In the dream, she took a holistic approach. This is my conscious attitude as well. Jung says that we can dream dreams that refine upon our already existing conscious attitude. This happened with the Coptic Church dream as well. Also, all my life I have taken very good care of my health and my physcical appearance and health reflect someone who looks ten years younger than I. This has been said to me by friends, strangers and doctors. My health is fine and I'm very careful. Maybe this is what my mom meant when she thought my life was in danger..and also three years ago I had a small extra growth on my left breast. One of my friends is a GP and she said I'm fine. A week after I saw her it went away. She and I think it happened so we'd have an excuse to chat and it really was a meaningful conversation we had that day in her office.

I believe our bodies can be getting over something and we don't even have to know about it. Other health issues appeared in my dreams...digestive issues. In all cases..the dreams had good resolutions...the cleaning lady took care of the vacuuming, the cancer survivor made it, I didn't fall into the abyss, the cows will hopefully be built, the doubling aspects appeared healthy...

This is of course only one interpretation. Jung had a doctor patient who dreamed of cancer and went in and because of early detection via his dream insights his life was saved.

I am not going to panic about my physical health or anything like that, but I appreciate my dreams maybe talking about healing I don't know about. I will continue to eat lots of vegetables. :)

Also, back to the mind/body connection. I believe unresolved and unprocessed emotions can cause cancer and other diseases. I trust my dreams and I feel my psyche is my friend and is sharing with me things I do need to know. Maybe the overall message of my dreams is ....as I become more concious...I can process more....and prevent physical health issues....

In this dream, I had to go upstairs and get a maid to vacuum, if I apply all this to the white blood cells...I have to consciously raise them.. I believe that we can have some control over the parasympathetic nervous system... meditation and yoga can lower blood pressure...and do a whole lot more... why not also consciously heal the body. One of my favorite books when I was starting out and studying pre-med was by Dr. Bernie Seagal about how cancer survivors use the mind to heal the body....his techniques are so similar to Jung's active imagination. And to Buddhism. If I were ever to find out that I am seriously physically having problems, I would take the natural approach and I would work with my emotions and psyche. (chemotherapy can be so harsh......the body has amazing healing powers...I don't deny the power and value of western medicine, but there are other avenues also.)

Consciousness is a beautiful gift. I am so fortunate that my psyche trusts me enough to share all that it does. In my journal after every dream I thank my psyche and sometimes write poems, hymns and odes and praises...perhaps because I am 'listening to the big man''' 'he' is sending me better and more helpful dreams''' (from Man and his symbols.) This is a ritual I have developed lately and I think my psyche so appreciates it and I'm being rewarded with dreams.

Thank you Justin. Thank you also for your response to my concerns. I deeply appreciate all that you wrote, and all your time and energy working with my dreams. I genuinely thank you.
My best regards,
May

Hi Justin,

I forgot about the last parts of my dream...I ran out of room on my drawing paper..

1. not wanting to go to parent's house

2. going to university and buying furry pants.

I will draw these themes out and see what they bring to mind. I don't want to form a hypothesis and then force the data to conform...am just looking at my dreams and seeing what the images bring.

Also, the woman in the lobby and the sunglasses and the comment I made....'she went through worse but I am freaking out, and I am better off,' strangely makes sense in this light. If my guess is right...what the body went through is far worse than what the 'I'/'ego' went through in realizing what the body went through...though the body and soul are in more of a united and respectful relationship..the ego is can see itself seperate.

Well, this is only one take..it was an interesting one though. Further dreams will shed light if I'm going in the right direction... I read online that dreams of cancer usually have mutant animals chewing away at kitchen or bathroom doors and windows , and the location where they attack is the location in the body where the cancer attacks...so my 'ego' says I don't know, I surrender to Psyche to give some light and guidance.

Best,
May

Hi Justin,
Just to clarify
The six parts
1. woman sitting outside park
2. woman raped in hotel
3. seeing woman in lobby
4. going upstairs to get help
5. vacuuming , lady in white
6. what to do next...go to university, buy pants.

The numbered parts in the last post were just me thinking out loud. There is a scene where I go get my things but this is connected with the cleaning lady being with me in the room. I also meant to write, why am I freaking out, when she's gone through worse, and she is better off not I am better off. (statement from ego.... i made the same mistake again when I was trying to correct this just now...or statement from unconscious????)

Thanks Justin,
May

Hi Justin,

Just one more thought....the large white man....high white cell count ...white blood cells attack too, but they attack the predators of the body...not the body itself. So maybe this is also an image of WHITE (white man) blood cells "dominating"... as a reaction to an internal physical threat. (Leukemia..this is exactly what it does in the body...the white blood cells grow quickly while yet immature.) Also the pattern on the dress....

All this speculation seems like it can go on endlessly...so these were just some thoughts. ..

Best,
May

Hi May

As one of my teachers said to me ,,, 'you can look and an xray and make it out to be anything you want it to be' ,,,, images and ideas can are fluid media really. This is where 'discernment' comes in,,, having considered the possibilities ,,,, we narrow down the meanings -

Thanks also for your post referring to my dreams of the 'negative feminine'. I had not realised or connected so many images from myth and fairy tales - these images really help ,, 'coincidentally' I have started reading "We" by Robert Johnson ,,, even its introduction is right on these themes - wow - "at the right time, the teacher appears"

'the goal is the journey'

see ya
JC

Hi Justin,

Am happy my comments regarding your dream were helpful.

Two more dreams with this theme...I'm giving a lecture indoors, its a science lecture about trees. there is concern that they are dying...I am interupted when I notice a line of WHITE worms heading in the direction of the tree in the classroom, in front of me to the left. It didn't have seats, it was a glass encased classroom in a natural mountainous area. I knew the worms were bent on destruction and hoped that they would not reach the tree but feared. Also, part of my lecture was that the trees had no leaves. This dream is several months old, and I can't find it in my journal.

Another: My house is being attacked by air raids, its the 1940s in the UK, probably WWII. My husband is helping. He saves us the first time. The second time my brother helps..the third time...BIOLOGICAL AND CHEMICAL WARFARE IS USED AGAINST THE HOUSE. I will double check the dream to see if that was the first or second time, if it was my brother or husband helping.

Biological? Chemical? Ugh? How much more obvious is the sign...or what else besides (cancer) would these symbols mean....I know I'm not supposed to take dreams literally.

Also, I think there is something to the HOTel. The digestive system, blood, all naturally have an elevated temperature, for some people more so than limbs....Chinese medicine...imbalances in cold/hot, damp/dry...leads to disease. Also in other traditons..emotions/temperatures.....

Thanks
May

Robert Johnson Interview on Matriarchy

Hi Justin,

A link echoing my views:

http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC16/Johnson.htm

Regards,
May
(I found some of these themes in my own dreams..husband residing inside computer monitor or fridge...turning into cold air.)

stats from 7-14-10 to the present