Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Red dress, going to a ball, flight of steps, empty univesrity town

I dreamt that I had been invited to a ball. I was awre in my dream that I was to be accompanied by a male friend, but in my dream did not know his identity./what he looked like.

In waking life I have a long, very elegant red silk evening dress. I was wearing this to the ball in my dream.

I left the house, the man who was meant to accompany breifly crossed my mind, but he was nowhere to be seen, although I did not feel 'let down' as I am very independent and in waking life have always taking myself to places anyway.

I see myself running down a flight of stone steps outside. They look similar to those in the city where I live (and are between the library and cathedral and lead down to teh harbourside wher there are bars/restaurants/floating cafes, cinema etc), but I am erminded of a university town such as Oxford.

There is a golden quality to everything. I look golden, serene, happy, the stone is honeyed in its tone and the light is simialr to soft golden evenuing summer light.

I am running down the steps, they could be in a university town (I love Oxford and also love academia). I notice that the whole place is deserted, its just me, running happily down the steps in my long red dress. The steps could be the Spanish Steps in Italy or any mediterranean town as the feeling is of oldness/established architecure/aesthetics and education.

I am not bothered by the place being empty. I feel happy, free, I am on my way to the ball, then wake up, unbothered that I did not get there.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Red dress, going to a ball, flight of steps, empty university town

Hello S

I’ve always thought that dreams are the way your mind tries to make sense of your subconscious mind and your hidden or repressed thoughts and desires.

Could your male friend be someone you know intimately but have never met?. Does he remind you of times past, joyful happy times as symbolised by the old town and the stone buildings – perhaps he is older than you?. That he cannot be there with you also seems to have some symbolism. The relationship with foreign countries suggest he may be travelling abroad and in time you may be prepared to go anywhere to be with him. But for now he makes you feel golden and serene and to `glow' although he is not there with you.

Does the scarlet dress symbolise how you want to show him your beauty, your femininity and your sexuality?. Is he married or in a relationship perhaps and you may feel you are a scarlet woman in his life but for now you are content with being on your own?. Although he is not with you, you seem happy in this relationship but the romantic settings suggest that you may want to share those romantic settings with him when he can come to you. But for now yopu are happy to be alone.

I haven’t much experience at dream interpretations but this is what occurred to me. Probably I’ve got it all wrong but I hope it helps you in some way to understand.

C.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Red dress, going to a ball, flight of steps, empty univesrity town

I love academic and historic settings, always felt so happy when at university - even as a mature student - self nourishment/intellectual advancement/protection from the big bad outside world!

There is a feeling of nostaligia and yes a feeling of wishing to be overseas.
I too felt that the male presence signified, not a male part of me, nor anyone I know, but someone I have yet to meet - of course this could all be wishful thinking on my part!
A feeling of intellectual, emotional and personal freedom was very strong in the dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39,uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Red dress, going to a ball, flight of steps, empty univesrity town

Hello Selma,

Your dream seems to be about hope and desire when other parts of your life may be causing you unhappy times for the moment. A dream of times past (the Uni and how it fulfilled your intellectual, emotional, and social needs) and yet a dream of future times to bring joy and fulfilment into your life again with someone who is as yet a mystery but who you feel may fulfil those needs again.

Keep your dream close to your heart and re-visit it in moments that feel right for you and who knows, some dreams can come true. For you, I hope so.

That one day you will get to the ball in your Mediterranean paradise in your red dress and perhaps finally dance among the stars with your Prince. He'll be waiting for you to fly you to the moon.

C.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Sorrento

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Man

stats from 7-14-10 to the present