Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4 years old daughters dream

Hi everyone,

My 4 years old daughter woke up one night crying and very frightned. I knew she had a nightmare but when I asked her what was wrong she didn't want to talk she was just holding me very tight and eventualy fell asleep again. it wasnt until later days when I was taking with her older brother about dreams that he head that she reluctantly mentioned her nightmare. She said that in her dream her brother was very noughty and he choped mums head and put a new head.
And she didn't want to speak any more she said it wasaking her sad. It worried me to. She had another nightmare some time later and she said againg the same dream and again she was very disstresed.
Any clues I 'll appreciate
Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: london 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: 4 years old daughters dream

Hi Eva,

From my personal child hood nightmare experiences events which evoke intense fear can leave such a deep impression they affect dreams, and waking life. When I was about six I viewed my first horror film. It left such a deep impression on me I still recall the nightmares mirroring two scenes in the movie.

Perhaps your daughter viewed a horror movie, tv show, video game, comic, etc that deeply disturbed her due to the fear emotion she experienced. Look to the events of the day she first had the nightmare for clues to the cause.

In my case I was the youngest of three so was always trying to be 'grown up' like my older siblings. Maybe she feels this fear/situation may be seen as childish and she does not want to be seen as a 'child' in comparison to her older brother. Also, perhaps the moment of exposure happened during a special time. Maybe when she got to stay up later than usual or go to a friends house for sleep over, etc. She may hesitate to discuss this for fear she won't get to do it again. She may not understand the content during the time, not the special event, is the issue of concern.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thank you for your reply Kathy.
I don't let my children watch anything horror apart from Cartoon Network and Nick junior but my husband is Star trek fan and although I ask to change the channel when strange aliens appear she might of cought a glimpse of something.
However what about the meaning of the dream itself in case she didn't watch anything horrible
Thanks
Eva

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: london 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Eva,
At 4 the dream is more likely a reflection of a literal event, changed to family members, as an expression of her understanding and level of human development.

Again, the events of the day prior to the dream would probably lead you to the source of exposure. Perhaps this is her first inkling to death as a conscious concept of reality. She could have been exposed to the concept of death any number of times prior but now has the mental capacity to understand that death is total loss and the deep fear this creates (both in relation to the development and understanding of the 'entire world' which in the mind of a 4 year old is her immediate family). Then her fear would be projected in her dreams on to that 'entire world', which she most fears losing through death, her mother.

If her nightmares are continuing, or to a level that concern you possibly consider seeking professional therapy for her. A therapist would aid in determining any serious physical and or psychological, or both, threat(s)your daughter may be experiencing. The therapist would work to resolve the situation for your daughter's betterment.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present