Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
red and black precious stones

Hi everyone,

just a quick question:
I dreamt of precious stones, I am not sure what type but I was doing some type of necklace for myself, and I was in the shop, buying black and red stones.
I was putting and cutting the stones myself to create the necklace, the first time I cut them rong in strips instead of round small spheres, but later I think I got it right.
any ideas?
thanks
M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: red and black precious stones

Hi Magdalena,

Jung once said that the symbol of stones..is a symbol of the SELF. I would imagine that precious stones/jewels would also signify such an even more valuable inner reality..as Jung, I think, was referring to stones that are not necessarily classified as precious or semi-precious.

Your associations with the colors could speak to revealing the inherent character or traits of these inner treasures....black;feminine, mysterious, unknown,deep. Red; passion, the color of blood-living-, love.....

The imagery of you cutting the stones yourself is very beautiful...it is a handmade necklace...you are the artist, the designer, the creator...very powerful imagery. A necklace is a symbol of adornment, beauty and also power, rank, status, authority...maybe.

Hope this helps.
Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: red and black precious stones

Hi Magda,
A few thoughts came to mind…
The precious stones symbolizing the inner Self, as precious. That the ‘shop’ would be obtaining the knowledge base, buying the stones the receptiveness to Self realization. A desire to design your life based on the true inner Self rather than the social conditioning. Also, the jeweled necklace has mythical symbolism as the jeweled web of connectedness, the All.

The ‘wrong’ cut being long, perhaps a phallic symbol of the masculine, the small round spheres representing the womb, the feminine. I think affirmation from the unconscious you are on the right path. You will get there. Just as in the dream you learned to make the cuts and necklace you will obtain the knowledge, do the work, and a little trial and error along the way is to be expected…

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present