Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great website on dream analysis

Hi everybody!

I just found a fabulous site about dream analysis. Hope you all have an opportunity to check it out.

http://www.sleeps.com/analysis.html

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Great website on dream analysis

May,
Much of my early practice with dream interpretation came at Sleeps.com's dream board. Not only was I able to put Jung's philosophies to practice {a real novice to be sure}, I also was introduced to other popular philosophies of interpretating dreams. It was a great learning experience.

But the Drm Doc {moderater of the dream board} is anti-Jung. It could be she just doesn't connect because she is already married to her own beliefs. Astrology is part her background. Such influences do provide clues to symbols, and dreams, but they also can lead away from the deeper dream message. Her approach is too much ego oriented.

The strange part of it is she unknowing uses a lot of Jung's approach to interpreting dreams. You could point that out to her but it never registered. She uses a lot of Freud and Adler and Gestal. She is a student of the dream and the mystery {astrology} but not a real student of the psyche. She has not received the gnosis.
And unfortunately she dismisses Jung as if she knows more.

I stopped visiting Dream Central after the anti-Jung tone of some of the regulars, Dr Doc devotees, began to be a part of the comments in dream posts. Admittedly I am the type who stands his ground, and sometimes I showed my ire {one negative trait about myself I have given much effort to correct}, but my thinking was the Dream Board should be a place to give support to those who need assistance in understanding their dreams {and themselves} and not a forum for heated debate. I left Dream Central and within time began my own dream forum.

It was much like the Unity church in Nashville I attended for several years {thought I had found a real spiritual home} where a few members drove off the very capable minister {he is a Jungian-great spiritual lessons}. Church politics,
too much ego and too little of the spirit.
{now when I need spiritual nourishment I go hiking, to the woods, under a waterfalls}.

That is where Jung stands above others in his approach. The mystery is a part of who we are and be able to connect with that natural aspect, there comes a deeper understanding of the mystery, what I call the gnosis. Jung focused on the soul and gave proof of its influence with his many books and essays. Myth, alchemy, Gnosticism, Buddhism, even astrology all helped form Jung's philoposphies. He was a scientist who believed in the mystery. Without the msytery, well one tends to be less than they could be.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

And Furthermore

To get an idea of the difference in the approaches at Sleeps.com and MDS, look at the dream dictionaries. Sleeps.com link is here.

Now look at the dream dictionaries at MDS
Dream Dictionaries. Since it has been a long while since I have updated the MDS dream dictionary, I often use the Jungian based Soul Future's dictionary.

Take the common symbol of a fish. Here is Sleep's.com suggestions to the possible meaning{s}.click here and scroll down to fish.

Wonder how many who have had dreams of a fish swimming in clear water have ended up powerful and wealthy? Possibly these two

many belief they are the same person

Now compare To Soul Future's suggestions of fish.

And from MDS's dream dictionary we add this
Fish - fertility, personal growth; fish in the sea represents unconscious urges; fish is a symbol of Christ and may therfore represent your true self (spiritual}.

The symbol of Christ, the symbol of the fish, is associated with mythology. It is the metaphor that must be interpreted correctly. Dream and myth share the same metaphors and symbols.

See the difference? Ego vs soul, the focus is clear between the two.

Gerard

Some small village in Texas is missing it's town idiot

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

Thank you so much for replying to my post. Wow.

First of all, I am so sorry I put that link up here. I apologize.

I only wanted to show the link for the page that talked about what houses, children, and animals might mean because so many people, including myself dream of those symbols alot.

Also, after I posted that page I realized two things:
1. after I posted the link I saw what other people replied to other dreams on that site and I didn't agree with the responses and
2. I had forgotten but in January or February I had actually posted some dreams there and felt that the responses were inadeqate. I actually posted those same dreams here at around the same time and got much better responses that helped me continue my journey of personal growth.

After I read your response here I went and looked again at the site. That's when I remembered that I had actually posted there in Jan/Feb while 'shopping' for a good dream forum.

Wow. I ended up reading about the dialogues. Rather debates. I am so sorry for what you went through. I think people handled the disagreement in such a hurtful way.

I do believe Jung is a genius for one, and also a courageous man to put forth ideas that in his time may have been rejected, but he did it anyway. He was well educated and had a deeper knowledge and sense of knowing. He spent a lot of time with nature and with himself, as well as his travels. He combined knowledge from all those areas, and arrived at an understanding of reality, nature and the Psyche that reflects that deep introspection, genuis and an inner knowledge, gnosis, if you will, of the inner nature and true nature of reality and science. Science confirms what he taught. Left and Right brain studies for example confirm what the human mind has in terms of masculine and feminine energy. He was the first 'westerner' to bring to the 'west', what the 'East' already new...masculine and feminine energies inherent inside every human being. His ideas of non-duality encompass much buddhist thought. Christian Jungian analysts like Sanford who wrote the 'Inner meaning of Christs sayings' brought tremendous wisdom, depth and insight into the real, inner meaning of the Christian message. Beautiful stuff. Jung also researched and did scientific studies on the I-Ching, on African tribes in various African countries and on countless cultures and their symbols. He analyzed and interpreted about 80,000 dreams in his life time and his interpretations cured, healed and 'saved' countless people. He is definitely a true genius, a rare hero. Even his type, INTJ, I think, represents only one percent of the population.

Again, I am so sorry I posted that link, and I mean it sincerely, please accept my apology. I also think what you went through was horrible and I'm glad you made this site. I think it is unfortunately that you were offering something so valuable and people responded in , let's say, not the best way, or even close. Am sorry you went through that.

Thank you for making this website. It is amazing. I myself in such a short time have gained so much , in terms of understanding my dreams, personal growth, insight into who I really am, and the mysterious out there and in here. So much, really. I feel that as a result of my dream work on this forum I have related to my psyche in a new and better way and have gained and will gain amazing inner and outer treaures.

Indeed, there is a real difference between the ego and the soul. Some say, like Sanford, I think, that the ego can be evil in its selfishness and denial of belonging to the larger soul. It thinks 'I' is all there is. Not so. Even Buddhism teaches this...this 'I' ego is an illussion. So does Sufi Islam. And Jung discovered this and taught this and discovered all the disowned parts of the self and the need to acknowledge and integrate them to find the wholeness we once experienced before the development of 'I' or ego. More than that....for Jung...the dream...the inner language of the psyche was and is.....the Pathway to the Divine. Wow! What a great gift he gave to humanity.

So, thanks for replying. Sorry that you had that bad experience.

It is also ironic that they do have Jungian insights, at least on the page that I linked. (I only want to say that I think the information about animals representing unowned traits and children representing new aspects of ourselves is good...but not new information to this site now that I think about it.)

I think though that something good came out of this. It just reinforces as least for me...that I am on the right path here at MDS. In my quest for myself and the divine, my Psyche has given me many keys...and I have found good insight and help from MDS members in understanding how to use these keys to unlock the treasure chests within my Self.

Thank you Gerard. And please forgive me for posting that link. I didn't know any of this history you had with them until I went back just now and looked at the site again.

My best regards and so sorry,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/abroad

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Gerard,

And here is a great website on Archetypes that I just found and think would be helpful. (I hope!)

Best,
May

May,
There is nothing you need to apologize for. We encourage members to post links they feel important. It was the fact that this particular site was once my place for practicing my interpretations but unfortunately Jung, nor it seems I, was not appreciated. But in the end it for the best. The MDS Dream Forum may have never found life if not for my experience at Dream Central. Perhaps we can catagorize that as a death and resurrection.

Now archetypes, that is pure Jungian. Please do provide us with that link. And I want to say your contributions to the Dream Forum are appreciated. You have become a regular member of the family and we always welcome your insights and posts.
Thanks for being a part of our place and not theirs.

Gerard

Thanks Gerard. Am happy to be part of this forum too.

Here is the link:
www.teachnlearn.org/archetypestuMASTER.doc

Best,
May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present