Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Naked Husband, Host Sister, Professor, Pubic Hair

Hi

Sorry for posting so many dreams all at once but I think this is connected to the last one (four breasts) and also since my mom has told me my life is in danger I'm really paying attention to my dreams. I can't stop dreaming, fortunately, I have a long dream almost nightly and am curious to know the meaning. So here's another one.

I'm at my parent's house. I don't want to offend my parent's by acting too American. I've just come back from the place where I have been living. They have a narrow minded mentality. I remember what happened after I came back from Europe.

I'm in a hotel. We are being watched, my husband and I. My husband steps out naked into the dining room. Tons of women sitting there see him. I'm angry about this.

I'm in charge of taking my host sister, from one of my previous travels, swimming. I'm currently swimming in the bathtub but the water is salty and its too small for me to strech out in.

I'm wandering around a campus. This is a repeated dream scene. I go up stairs, find empty classrooms to try to find my class. I'm so lost. Finally I find it. My professor is telling me finally you showed up, its been so long. He is much nicer and looks different. He has warm, kind blue eyes. He's lazy and doesn't want to teach the class anything, but he is kind and he apologizes for the cruel comments he has made to me in the past. He has to correct something I do, so he apologizes again for having to critize me. He has such big pupils. I try to lean back on the desk behind me but the student there gets mad that I'm invading her space, though it is a very large light brown wooden desk with lots of space. I want harmony so I drop it. She gets up and picks up some construction paper hearts on a shelf in front of my desk.

My professor and I take my host sister to the swimming pool. We are walking down a hallway where he confesses he has been teaching her French and not English. In fact, he was mixing up English grammer with French. She is angry, she already knows French and needed his help in English.

Now I have deja-Vu, I've dreamt of this swimming pool before. Upstairs is a large public cafeteria, and the pool, but the locker rooms are downstairs. The men on the right, women on the left. My host sister follows the professor into the male locker room. There is a man standing there with his pants and underwear pulled down and a wilderness of sexy black pubic hair showing around his unerect penis. I meet up with my host sister and professor. I think I am swimming right before I wake up.

Thanks so much in advance,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Naked Husband, Host Sister, Professor, Pubic Hair

Hi May,

location: at your parents house ,,,, I thought of Marion Woodmans book ,,, Leaving My Father's House (?), which I gather is about putting patriarchal influences behind.

You have changed, you are not the same as you used to be; indeed you are 'breaking the mould'. You have been away, and have returned ,,,changed. So it is once we have crossed some thresholds in conscious development.
Not wanting to offend your parents (your roots) ,,, does this sound like 'unconditional love'?

Hotel - somewhere temporary,,, somewhere that there is a price to be paid to be there

Your husband / animus in his natural state ,,, angry

A place of higher learning; you are looking for your place in it all. Or put another way you are looking how to place it all.
The teacher figure - the patriarchal energy has changed ,,, 'doesn't want to teach anything' shows the contrast to the previous ways where there was one way to do things. (Jung warns about these figures, however in this dream all seems well). There is potential conflict with another feminine energy (? your shadow side, or another feminine energy) however you drop it ,,, you avoid the conflict. Is this reflecting inner or outer events - or both ?

The mix up in languages, the anger, frustration - all seem to point to an 'apology' from this patriarchal system; by the 'host' sister. Seems to me that the host sister may represent the part of you that has been towing the line all these years, learning the language of patriarchy (which is foreign to us), when really the teacher 'should' have been teaching the 'mother tongue' ,,, I am assuming you are a native English speaker.

Overall, this dream seems to be addressing how things were ? for you. The host sister, as part of you has learned the patriarchal ways and so follows the professor into the male locker room - somewhere as a female it is not natural for her to be.
Again the unerect, flaccid penis (remember the large muscular man with the small penis in another dream ?) - 'wild' masculine yet impotent, not creative, not productive. Same themes ? deja-vu.

Somehow, and I cannot pin-point why I suspect something afoot in the feminine/mother side of things ,,, perhaps it is your reference to the reference to your mother telling you your life is in danger ,,, is this in waking life.
Four breast sounds like being smoothered by the mother ?

The swimming pool (and the bath) may represent the limited awareness the public has of the unconscious ,,, alternately water may be equated to feeling, and the feminine ,,, the limited feminine. Is your concept of the feminine limited, restricted?

Does any of this make sense?

May, if the dreams are coming thick and fast, and if you are an intuitive, then there may well be a warning in the dreams. I recall your dream, where the metal chairs were traps leading into the abyss. How do you feel about this ? Is it so ? I don't, just prompting.

You may have really uncorked some long trapped issues, that are been frustrated and angry.

well I guess you know by now that some of my interpretations can be a bit 'out there' - so feedback please. I know that you are putting in substantial efforts to look at these aspects and have a good understanding of Jungian concepts and workings of dream so I have not held back in the interpretation - I wanted to give you as much as possible to work with - please disguard as you feel warranted.
Something is definitely up. How is your art going ? Can you record some of these energies in your art ?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for responding to my dreams. I really appreciate it.

"location: at your parents house ,,,, I thought of Marion Woodmans book ,,, Leaving My Father's House (?), which I gather is about putting patriarchal influences behind. " Am definitely trying to put behind patriarchial influences, and my family and society are so seeped in them that it is really difficult and requires constant awareness, especially as I have internalized patriarchial values myself and need to be aware of them and replace them with a much better way of being.

"So it is once we have crossed some thresholds in conscious development.
Not wanting to offend your parents (your roots) ,,, does this sound like 'unconditional love'?"

I think that crossing thresholds brings new challenges and also maybe incite a backlash, at least initially, so I want to tread lightly to not create waves....Am not sure what you mean by unconditonal love. I think that the dream reflects my parents lack of it for me, as well as my unconditional love for them..that's I'd do anything to make them happy. If that's the case, I still haven't changed enough...need to make my true self happy now. ..

"Hotel - somewhere temporary,,, somewhere that there is a price to be paid to be there

Your husband / animus in his natural state ,,, angry"

Maybe my animus problems are temporary? In only one dream was my inner husband doing something helpful, when he led me to find my jewellery in the desert, yet in that same dream he was excluding me from his family. Why do I have such a hurtful animus....

This dream professor was disconcerting in a lot of ways. There were some serious inherent contradictions in his character. He was sorry for his critical comments in the past yet he kept making them and apologizing instead of truly changing. He also missed me in class, yet didn't want to teach. Sometimes the animus develops into a logos figure, a wise professor...but this man wasn't wise..he was just catering to me on a superficial level but didn't want to teach me or stop hurting me. In a way, he was deceiving me and tricking me and I fell for it in the dream. Also, he was a bad teacher. He was mixing up knowledge and confusing my host sister and instead of teaching her what she needed, he damaged her preexisting skills by confusing her with an innacurate new skill. I am very curious what Jung has to say about these types of figures......

In real life, my host sister who I wrote about before has paranoid delusions and is a very kind person but suffering greatly. If I dreamed of her does that mean I share those features and need to integrate them somehow........also , she's a really vulnerable person and this professor was terrible to her...

Interesting idea about the swimming pool..the public not knowing about the unconscious. Sad but true. Maybe also my public self isnt' really connecting with my unconscious so the dreams are taking over...

Also, when the host sister went into the locker room, 'I' didn't go, yet 'I' knew what was in there, so 'I' and the host sister are one. I have a theory that when people suffer as my host sister did, something terrible happened to them. I don't think it is only organic. I think she may have szichophrenia. I feel like patriarchy really had a negative affect on me, and a personal one. I never realized it until I started posting on the forum. I think I still haven't fully grasped to what extent it is destructive. So in saying that there may be problems with the mother/feminine I agree. Since there are problems with the animus too, they would all happen together... when one part of an organism is sick or hurt,....all of it is sick or hurt......

Yes, the unerect penis of the man is similar to the muscle man. My dream imagery is definitely trying to reinforce this idea of an impotent masculine energy...its unable to do what it is supposed to do...so without the energy the psyche is lacking so many things...real energy, potency, protection, support, fertility, creatity. I think issues with the feminine/mother go hand in hand with issues with the animus.

I think the bathtub also represents a too small container for a lot of messy emotions that are trying to get released. The swimming pool is bigger and better but its still not the ocean...

About the abyss.... it terrified me. It ranked way up there next to the fear of death. It represented unknown horrors. I did not want to fall in it. Also, it was an intellectual type of fear..a realization, not raw emotional terror or panic, but some sort of vague mental shrinking back....like the way I very gingerly stepped back, almost tiptoed. Maybe its something that if I mentally realized it would freak me out rather than cause raw emotions???

About my mom's comment, I posted somewhere else that I'm afraid it will become some sort of self-fullfilling prophecy prompted by my mother. She doesn't like my husband. She was against him when we were engaged because he's from a different ethnic and religious group from hers and she is relatively intolerant. I think my dad wasn't pleased either but he's not as selfish and considered my choice. I think my mom might just be trying to scare and manipulate me and that would tell alot about our relationship and how that hurt my femininity and feelings toward 'The Mother' aspect within my own psyche.

I've mentioned before, I feel like I am only at the beginning of my journey and there is so much there. Maybe I'm starting to come to terms with somethings.

Thank you so much Justin I am really grateful and appreciate all the efforts and time you put into helping me with my dreams. Your interepretations are helpful, all of them. Thank you.
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/abroad

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Naked Husband, Host Sister, Professor, Pubic Hair

Hi May

there is a lot in all this stuff isn't there ,,,
some thoughts in reply

#Am not sure what you mean by unconditonal love. I think that the dream reflects my parents lack of it for me, as well as my unconditional love for them..that's I'd do anything to make them happy. If that's the case, I still haven't changed enough...need to make my true self happy now. ..

You have picked up on what I was alluding to - if we 'sacrifice' ourselves to the wishes of our parents we have lost ourselves. Really it is not the childs role to do this - think of Jesus, going to his death, God the Father let him ,,, acn you imagine how that would feel ? to know what will happen, and also know that it must happen ,,, for that is how it is meant to be ,,,
There is a huge change happening in the world and I think that this is a central part of it - our parents, and their parents and their parents parents were not at this place, they gave the best that they could in the way they thought was best for us (mostly); certainly there were projections however they were / are unconscious or their projections onto us ,,, that is the point of projections.
The other side of the coin is that we accepted those projections - and part of becoming adult (and responsible for our own Self) is to see those projections - I think that once we see ahet is happening we are most of the way there. You may notice a change int eh other person / insitution even without having said anthing. We need to see and acknowledge our own part in things too ,,,

# a very important part of 'authentic reality' is to also acknowledge the good - we are so well trained at being critical and discriminative,,,, we 'forget; to acknowledge the good side ,,,, your animus led you to the jewels' ,,,, amn that is huge !!! bow down, let your animus protect you, let him lead you to the source - that is his role ,,,

# could it be that you see the patriarchal / malicious side of things too much ,, that you are over doing your magnifying on what is going on ?

# Overall May, "Let it Be" ,,,, reemeber that song ,,, we can only really sit back and observe all this stuff - in doing so we do our part - and in doing so the changes happen naturally - our part is to be attentive - nothing more - change will happen. The forces , energies are beyond our scale - it is not our role to control them or force them ,,,, "Let it Be"

# yes I agree about the sick organism ,,, I know the feeling

# the abyss sould be all sorts of things - we can loose ourselves in another person ,,, that is just such an abyss. I seem to recall that Jung warned about ,,, getting lost in the unconscious.,,, we need a guide ,,, didn't a man lead you away ,,,, (repeat theme).
I beleive we need some sort of body work to get these themes into our body, and to release things - I am a yogi so that is my bodywork - I think almost anything (walking) can be done - as long as it is done mindfully ie: with the intention of moving our inner energies, so it is not just exercise or aerobics - something quiet yet dymanic too

# "Let it Be"

namaste
Justin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your reply. Ok, I will let it be.

But, I am going to post another long dream I just had. : ). Thank you so much.

namaste,

May

Hi Justin,

I just want to add that yes, it is so great that my inner masculine led me to the jewels!!

This is such a big positive development for me and shows that in just two months of paying attention to my dreams and maybe making minor adjustments in my waking life I was able to undergo such a big positive change. Thanks for helping me recognize the animus. When I first started posting I really thought the dreams about my husband were about my husband even though I 'know' better about dreams characters being parts of us.

I do think it is really good that I am posting my dreams and working on them, and getting help and geting different perspectives. This way if there is anything I need to work on, I will have some objectivity. Also, there are positive and negative symbols but I feel that the positive ones have been increasing lately. There are still a lot of negative ones and I 'shouldn't' ignore that. (The bluebeard theme seems to be recurring...the professor whose eyes went from brown to blue and was a dangerous figure.) It has made a huge difference in my life...I can't begin to say how much. I feel better in general and hope things in my outer life also fall into place better for me. More than that, I know I started an important journey for life...hope I can keep up with all the dreams. I will take your advice about guides and bodywork. Thank you.

Thanks for your help, so much.
Namaste,
May

Hi May

You got it - well actually you got it some time ago.

I have found that my dreams / changes etc come in cycles, or waves. There are periods of intense challenge and then a 'rest' when I can learn, integrate etc - often I am really grateful for these quiet times, and now don't worry that I can't remember my dreams - I just keep reflecting on some of the symbols and try my hardest to keep on keeping on.

I agree, seeing people in dreams, and especially for me when close ones have characters in their dreams that I know in waling life, looking at the dreams well is much harder. The Forum really helps that way - to have an external unprejudiced view can be so helpful and can really click us over on something.
I think we have all felt that that and know it's significance ,,,,

'may the path rise up to meet you'
Justin

Hi Justin,

Thanks so much for suggesting I put some of these dream energies in art. I've started drawing my dreams and will try to start getting involved with artistic and creative endeavors in the future, whenever I am able.
Thanks so much,
May
P.s. I'm still waiting for Marion Woodman's books from the bookstore. They had to order them....thanks for the good referrals, can't wait to start reading...

Hi Justin,

Also, thanks for the good insight about a guide (man leading me away from ) to the unconscious. Am not sure if the abyss symbolizes that, it might. I do need an inner guide any way...the professor that was unreliable worries me....so my discernment in what aspects to trust and which to not follow is going to be important to keep me from getting confused.

Something afoot with the feminine/mother. This is a possibility. I've written before how my own relationship with my mother in real life has been difficult, and perhaps I learned a lot of patriarchial values from both my parents that are making it hard for me to live the 'new' me...someone who values both the feminine and the masculine. I wrote about matriarchy and patriarchy in a reply to one of your posts...and I'm learning to let go of these negative forces and embrace a true femininity and develop a healthy relationship with my inner masculine, animus..... these are the things that have been concerning me...so are my dreams showing me pitfalls there....

I feel there is so much going on in my dreams....so many themes...my consciousness is still growing...

(Like in the dream where I find three fabulous brand new apartments.) (Wish I could understand entire dreams better and how they apply to my waking life even more.)

Thanks so much,
May

Hi Justin,

Thanks so much for your insights and contributions.

'may the wind be always at your back,'

May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present