Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blue lion?

For almost a year I've been having this dream where I turn into this lion warrior. Almost always blue, with a spear or naginata, and I can never win a fight or prtect people. It's sort of an upsetting dream seeing as it involves my close friends and family members, but I've had it almost twelve times now..

Any ideas at all?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Blue lion?

Hi Bronwen

When dreams keep recurring, there is something inside us that wants to get our attention. The part that requires trust and faith is to believe that what is inside us is inately good, and is not there to harm us (even though is may look scary) - it is like shadows in the dark - when we turn the light (of our mind) on them what we thought was a huge sacrry thing was ,,, the arm of a chair or something harmless.

So to your dream - is it in the dream that you can never win a fight or protect people ?
Because I think you have it already - the lion is a male animal ,,, whose 'job' it is to protect his domain ,,,, could it be that in waking life you are not standing up for your domain?

Nikki, there is other, very beautiful symbolism in your dream. It would be worth considering the depths of these for yourself. Shiva, a Hindu god is blue - he carries a trident (symbolising I think dominion over the the three worlds - sea, earth and sky) ,,,,

I would appreciat your thoughts, the Dream Forum is here to help yes ,,, and also to help us all learn the true meanings and usefulness of dream meanings in our waking lives.

Be a warrior - it is already in you
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

I always pay attention to dreams; write them down or at least acknowladge them, but this one seems to get more intense and vivid over time. So, this seemed like a good place to try for an oppinion. ^^

I've been thinking this one over for quite a while, and I haven't figured much out. I was told all sorts of things about lions, but none of it seemed to make sense, beyond the fact that it had to do with family, one person told me.

Thank you, I'll think it over again. It's obviously something important..

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: Blue lion?

Thanks Bronwen

It sounds like you are doing your bit ,,, so something will open for you ,,, eventually ,,,
Some more thoughts
* What about 'pride' ,,,, is that a theme in your life.
* Being an animal, the lion could represent instinct ,,, maybe sexuality
* from the prespective of energy it is very masculine ,,,

How does the image of the lion balance or measure up to who you preceive yourself to be, how you move in the world ,,,, relating to what I have written abov, and while considering the lion - are you too much a lion or too little ,,, my guess would be too little

all the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

I was actually just flipping through some dreams I've written down over the last few months, and I have loads of other lions too. Mostly mountain lions or panthers, but for some reason most of them have been pointedly female. =/ That's why this blue guy popped out at me I guess.

Again, thank you very much. I'll try and give it a little time, and see if I get a revalation.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present