Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream of a fair young woman , upstairs. Cancer, 5 years to live

Last night I dreamt that I was downstairs in a house I did not recognise and could heat voices upstairs.

I overheard someone telling a woman that she had cancer and 5 years to live at most.

I then saw the woman coming down the stairs - in her late 20's fairish complexions, medium brown.fair hair and she confirmed that this was the case.

It appeared to be nighttime, although there were no external indicators to confirm this, it was just my impression.

(I have dark brown wavy hair, brown eyes, 40 today - 21st May)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Dream of a fair young woman , upstairs. Cancer, 5 years to live

S,
In dreams a house most always represents the dreamer. The unrecognized house in the dream probably relates to some unrecognized aspect in your life. The voices upstairs may be the dream trying to communicate these unrealized aspects to the conscious self. Dreams strive to inform you of any imbalance in your life and this is achieved through the dream images. This unrecognized aspect{s} are strong enough at this time in your life, and important enough to become part of your dreams.

Cancer in a dream can be an indication of something real. But most often it is metaphor for some other 'diseased' or 'cancerous' aspect in your life. A bad relationship {as an example} can be symbolized by cancer, symbolizing the cancerous relationship. The 5 years could very well representa real time frame in your life. 5 is also symbolic of changes in aspects in life. If cancer is deadly, then there is a death and resurrection, a complete change. But determine where 5 best represents your life before you make any conclusions.

The woman comimg down the stairs is probably you, some past, or present aspect that is represented by the descending image. The age may have something to do with this personal aspect, perhaps it is something to do with your past {in your 20s} or to relationship to the past that has resurfaced in the present. It probably is addressing some emotional aspect to do with the age time frame. It seems this younger aspect can confirm whatever the cancer represents since she confirms it in the dream. Remember, she is you.

The nighttime and 'your impression' leads me to believe this has to do with something intuitive. Nighttime is your unconscious self, the dream Self, all knowing, unbiased, and informative when listned to. On the outside you may not be paying attention, but intuitively, your wise self is, and is trying to communicate this to your conscious self through your dreams. This is what dreams attempt to do, with the end result being to help balance those aspects of your life that are out-of-balance.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard

Thank you for your insight.

I realised that the other woman was 'me' even though she did not look like me. The dream was a lucid dream i.e. I knew I was dreaming it and I know that although the otehr women was not me, she actually was representative of me.

In the house I was standing in the hallway next to the stairs i.e. the balustrading, which was dark wood, - like a Victorian house, coming down from the top at the right down to the left aliong the wall/hall.

On second thoughts, it was reminsicent of a house I lived in between ages 5-11.

(after my Mum died I dreamt of her in this house, talking to me from inside a door, which was ajar. The door was situated 1/2 way upthe staircase- which didnt exist in real life. Sh then appeared in my lucid dream and said that she had come to me like this as she did not want to frighten me. In my 'dream'; she told me to let go of her and in the morning I felt unburdened, refreshed)

I often referred to my ex partner (the psychopathic one) as a cancer on my life, as indeeed he was and still is.

My son recently turned 6 (15 May).

Just over 3 wks ago I hurt my lower back, reaching for a sheet of paper!. I have never injured my back before and the pain is awful. have booked to see a physiotherapist.

Maybe I feel vulnerable at the moment as ordindarily I am quite active, flexible and have a lot of energy.

The number 5 does not really have any significance for me that I can think of.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

During the dream, when I heard the voices upstairs and then heard the prognosis of 5 years, I did feel frightened - felt as if it was me who had been told that I had cancer and was going to die.

I felt that I had not done enough with my life yet, that there was so much to do, to see, to learn, experience, that I had to take care of my son and protect him from his (extremely dangerous) father.

As you say , 5 is also indicative of change and as one door closes another (should) open. maybe the 'death' is that of the old me of recent years, maybe a resurrection of the formerly ebullient, energetic and dynamic ''me'.

Phoenix from the ashes perhaps or something more 'practical such as ill health which needs addressing.

I have a Leo Ascendant if that is of any use. I think my ascendant is early on in Leo, close to the Cancer cusp.

Cancer in 12th house - the enemy withing/secret fears.

Leo - Number 5.

I have Uranus and Pluto in Leo in 1st house (according the the astrological data which is more accurate than astrological ephemera).
Sun, Moon and mars in Taurus in 10th house.

Saturn and Venus - Pisces in 8th house, Mercury in Aries- 9th house. Jupiter- gemini - 11th house. Neptune - Libra -3rd house. Mid heaven/north node - taurus - 10th house.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present