Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aliens. Death. Buddah.

I had the strangest dream. I was watching, "Invasion," with my mom (In the dream. I had never actually watched it before) and then the next thing I knew I was in a space ship and I was laying on this table. The table was very strange, there were indents for you to lay in which seemed to be filled with water and a rope. The rope was to tie you down if you struggled. But the aliens were sending different kinds of pains to me and this other kid. He was laying down on the table but I was up and trying to flee. They eventually realized that I was not being hurt and tied me down. So they sent the pain of strep throat and we both screamed.

Somehow I made my way down back to Earth and was instantly sucked back up. This time there were like three different families all laying on the table. I was crying and telling one of the aliens (They looked just like humans) that I didn't like pain. So he looked at me and said, "Then this isn't the place for you is it?"

Next, we all had a time period where we could do anything we wanted. This one woman had me sing very bad opera to her. Afterwords, she was crying. I guess it wasn't really me. I think I was an office employee from the ship but not willingly. So she asked me if the aliens had gotten to me yet and someone else in the room warned her not to say that. So she told me that she would keep me safe and the aliens would never harm me.

Next was my turn. I chose to go to some Earth base where all the humans in the ship were invisible. What I wanted to do was save a marriage. This librarian had been proposed to by two different men. She was going to go with the first one. But I knew that he was just proposing out of spite. So somehow I had to show her this. I don't know how I did it, but the idea clicked in her. I looked at my watch and I had 5 seconds left. At that time, she could see me. I waved and dove back into the alien base thing. I turned around to look back into the library and saw this Buddah type figure in a straight jacket screaming, "No! You can't kill them!" I turned around and was so confused. Our whole abducted group was being led away. They were all saying goodbye and even one said, "Happy Thanksgiving." I turned and saw one of the aliens in a black cloak holding an axe. At that moment I knew that we were going to die. Somehow I also knew how it was going to happen. We were going to lay on a table on our stomachs and they were going to cut our heads off. I began to feel actual fear. Fear that I had never in life or dreams felt before. So I began walking towards the room and prayed that I could go through with this painlessly. I was so terrified. Then I said, "Forget this," and I woke up.

The fear I felt in this dream was so unreal.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: WV

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Aliens. Death. Buddah.

Steven,
Two thoughts came to mind on reading your dream...

1. Are you engaged in or desire a romantic relationship with a certain person? Your first love? This comes to mind as the 'pain' representative of the pain of love...alien as previously not yet experienced.

2. The fear...perhaps your becoming mindful of the cycle of life, that people, especially young people, see life as immortal, not yet conscious of their mortality. Your involvement in the Forum may be bringing this to consciousness at an early age. And along with that the very real fear this knowledge initialy brings.

Again, just a few impressions from reading your dream...What are your thoughts?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

2. The fear...perhaps your becoming mindful of the cycle of life, that people, especially young people, see life as immortal, not yet conscious of their mortality. Your involvement in the Forum may be bringing this to consciousness at an early age. And along with that the very real fear this knowledge initialy brings.

Hmm...Could the desire to love, be interpreted as the desire to feel wanted? I have been giving that concept a lot of though lately. I don't know why, but I really want to fit in with certain crowds at school. Not the ultra popular groups that have poor reputations. Sometimes I study the different groups and see which one I would fit into the best. But it's fitting in that is the next step. Ohter than that, I don't really "love" anyone in that sense.

(Second part) So you're saying that it's pretty true that young people don't really realize that at any given time, they could die? Yes, my mom and I often talk about how many teens don't think twice before they pull a very dangerous stunt. I myself am more cautious and know that death or harm can sometimes be a factor. There's a lot of news reports about teens who use drugs or drink and drive. Many people come into schools to talk about this but many people think that it couldn't possibly happen to them. This is sort of what you are thinking, correct? Yes, this is a concept that I am fully aware of.

Anything else in the dream? Like, what could the Buddah in a straight jacket mean? The holding back of peace? I know that those were just two quick notices, but I see so much more. Not that I know what they mean, though. But you have been very helpful! Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: WV

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Steven,
Thank you for your feedback and additional information. Yes, this dream could be describing the groups and the inner conflict as you rationally examine the situation and possibilities. This is likely the closest possiblity as a dreamer usually can see the theme, the interpretation or thougts offered can act as a catalyst in opening possibilies of meaning to the dreamer.

Also, dreams often have multiple interpretations, addressing multiple aspects. The mortality aspect may be valid in that you're conscious, so there could be an interpretation along that line.

Additonal notes in blue - raw format as short on time. This is how I start a dream interpretation. I look at individual symbols noting them in the dream. Then begin to see the flow...

had the strangest dream. I was watching, "Invasion," with my mom (In the dream. I had never actually watched it before) and then the next thing I knew I was in a space ship and I was laying on this table. The table was very strange, there were indents for you to lay in which seemed to be filled with water and a rope. The rope was to tie you down if you struggled. [held or linked to the unconscious] But the aliens [something new, unfamiliar, unknown, peer groups] were sending different kinds of pains [Pain- Disharmony in mental, emotional, physical or spiritual self. (Note location of pain on your body to determine problem)] to me and this other kid. He was laying down on the table but I was up and trying to flee. They eventually realized that I was not being hurt and tied me down. So they sent the pain of strep throat [could be pun for ‘strip voice’; throat; neck] and we both screamed.

Somehow I made my way down back to Earth [grounded] and was instantly sucked back up. This time there were like three [resolving conflict] different families [peer groups] all laying on the table. I was crying and telling one of the aliens (They looked just like humans) that I didn't like pain. So he looked at me and said, "Then this isn't the place for you is it?"

Next, we all had a time period where we could do anything we wanted. [freedom of choice] This one woman had me sing very bad opera to her. Afterwords, she was crying. I guess it wasn't really me. I think I was an office employee from the ship but not willingly. So she asked me if the aliens had gotten to me yet and someone else in the room warned her not to say that. So she told me that she would keep me safe and the aliens would never harm me. [Mother protection figure? Or recent advice from mother?]

Next was my turn. I chose to go to some Earth base where all the humans in the ship were invisible. [Possibly feeling unseen or a desire to be unseen] What I wanted to do was save a marriage [joining or union]. This librarian [stored knowledge/intuition] had been proposed to by two different men [invitation to join]. She was going to go with the first one. But I knew that he was just proposing out of spite. [Intuitive feeling an invitation is borne of cruelty or unkindness] So somehow I had to show her this. I don't know how I did it, but the idea clicked in her. [understanding, realization] I looked at my watch and I had 5 [time to change mind?] seconds left. At that time, she could see me. I waved and dove back into the alien base thing. I turned around to look back into the library [looking to the inner knowledge] and saw this Buddha type figure in a straight jacket screaming, "No! You can't kill them!" [feeling, being restrained or needing restraint- in reaching/doing something(arms 'reach'/hands 'do')] I turned around and was so confused. Our whole abducted group was being led away. They were all saying goodbye and even one said, "Happy Thanksgiving." [genocide - as in the Native Americans? Death of an existing peer group if new peer group is joined] I turned and saw one of the aliens in a black cloak holding an axe [grim reaper, bringer of death]. At that moment I knew that we were going to die. Somehow I also knew how it was going to happen. We were going to lay on a table on our stomachs and they were going to cut our heads off. [sever rational thought from intuition; not facing something you can’t ‘stomach’, to detach from it; turning your back to something] from I began to feel actual fear. Fear that I had never in life or dreams felt before. So I began walking towards the room and prayed that I could go through with this painlessly. I was so terrified. Then I said, "Forget this," and I woke up.

Hope this helps incubate additional thougts...
Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present