Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
transformed into a lion

Here is the dream I had a few days ago:
I dreamed that is was to be president. All I wanted to do was find out the truth about ufo's and what Clinton could possibly of been thinking.
That ends the first part of the dream.
The second is:
A man gave me something to drink and I did.
He then told me it would transform me into a lion beginning with a mane growing. It did.
As a lion I sudenly became word that I was frightening those around me so i picked up a small gold cross on a chain around my neck pointed to it then my heart then my head to indicate that I still knew what I was. I later in the dream discover that could still speak as a lion and was walking with someone and conversing with them. At this point I woke up and when I did I was so disappointed because I did not want to leave that place. That dream has stuck with me since then and I really would like to figure out what it meant and would really like to dream it again.
So have at it people....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Lyman Maine

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: transformed into a lion

Dont know much.., but found some interpretations on the internet. I also had a lion related dream.. more than once. There's somethin really strange about lion dreams.

Dream Interpretation Lion

In the positive sense, a lion represents dignity, intensity and valiant energy. If you dream of a lion in a positive light, it means that you need to call on courage within yourself. If you are being attacked by a lion, be careful, you might be in danger. Seeing a lion: your friend sometimes looks dangerous. If you defeat a lion in the dream, you will eliminate your enemy. Seeing a lion in the cage: your enemy has no way to attack you now.

Lion

To dream of a lion, signifies that a great force is driving you.
If you subdue the lion, you will be victorious in any engagement.
If it overpowers you, then you will be open to the successful attacks of enemies.
To see caged lions, denotes that your success depends upon your ability to cope with opposition.
To see a man controlling a lion in its cage, or out denotes success in business and great mental power. You will be favorably regarded by women.
To see young lions, denotes new enterprises, which will bring success if properly attended.
For a young woman to dream of young lions, denotes new and fascinating lovers.
For a woman to dream that she sees Daniel in the lions' den, signifies that by her intellectual qualifications and personal magnetism she will win fortune and lovers to her highest desire.
To hear the roar of a lion, signifies unexpected advancement and preferment with women.
To see a lion's head over you, showing his teeth by snarls, you are threatened with defeat in your upward rise to power.
To see a lion's skin, denotes a rise to fortune and happiness.
To ride one, denotes courage and persistency in surmounting difficulties.
To dream you are defending your children from a lion with a pen-knife, foretells enemies will threaten to overpower you, and will well nigh succeed if you allow any artfulness to persuade you for a moment from duty and business obligations.

Lion

Carl Jung said that all wild animals indicate latent affects (feelings and emotions that we do not readily deal with). They are also symbolic of dangers (hurtful and negative things) being "swallowed" by the unconscious. The lion is a symbol of social distinction and leadership. The interpretation depends on the circumstances and the interactions with the lion.

Lion: Spiritual - Theosophy Dictionary on Lion

Lion In Christian mystical thought one of the four sacred animals of the Bible, associated with the evangelist Mark and, as in the mystical thought of other peoples, representing intense energy, sometimes undaunted courage, and occasionally the solar fire. The lion was a favorite symbol with the ancients, for instance with the Chaldeans, and as a leitmotif of Chaldean art is found extensively. It is also found frequently on Gnostic gems and as emblem and as symbol among the ancient Mithraists, where the lion was one of the stages of instruction and initiation.

"'Over the seven rays of the lion's crown, and corresponding to their points, stand, in many cases, the seven vowels of the Greek alphabet (Greek char), testifying to the Seven Heavens.' This is the Solar lion and the emblem of the Solar cycle . . ." (SD 2:564).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 ny

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Chris,
Nancy provided a lot of great information to think about. To add, the dream appears to contain deep archetypical imagery…drink of transformation; lion; the triangle of cross, heart, head; and finally the waking desire to return to that place. Without personal information about the dreamer we often see outlines and possibilities, but not always specifics.

The dream may be posing the inner questions of the mystery of life and/or meaning of life, as a whole and as it pertains to you, (finding the truth about ufo’s), pointing to starting with the masculine aspect of Self and of patriarchal society (Clinton).

The drink and transformation could represent by receiving in the Self knowledge a transformation of consciousness will result. As an archetypical symbol a lion is often feminine, (feline/cat). The Self knowledge that within the Self resides the feminine aspect, you would reach this aspect through first transforming the masculine (first the mane), as you are male. This transformation of Self can be realized by receiving the feminine aspect within, as a counter part to the male. The other inner aspects may fear this previously unrealized feminine aspect. The gold cross as the whole of the Psyche, a spiritual joining of feminine (heart) and masculine (head), a realization that can come of the original spiritual being, (the triangle…cross, heart, head) by merging the aspects in true balance. Which ultimately leads to walking the physical world as a spiritual being.

On waking the desire to return to the place in the dream…does it feel like a catalyst to something deeper, calling you back to that place? In midlife we often get the call to a deeper exploration of life. If this interpretation resonates you may find the MDS pages about Joseph Campbell and his work, beginning with The Heroes Journey, of interest and a good starting place. Click the link below to access the main Campbell page:
Myths-Dreams-Symbols: Joseph Campbell

Please respond with your thoughts. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Kathy,
It seams that this dream was speaking to me on many different levels. To help with understanding this dream I thought I might give you a little information about my self. I am 42 years old and a born again christian. I came to believe in God two years ago much to the joy of a freind that I have known for over 20 years and the disapointment of my parents. I am married to a wonderful woman and am the father of three young boys. The oldest of which is eight. I am a computer programmer and have been so since high school. I discovered I had a talent for programming and love doing it. I owe many thanks to one special math teacher who has now with the Jesus. I was raised in a home where God and religion were never discussed. I am an avid startrek fan but you will never find me at a convention wearing pointy ears or bumpy forheads. I have always concidered my self to be a rational person and skeptical. I dont believe in ghosts or ufo's or a mirid of other shady pseudo-sciences or mistical stuff. I believe in God and believe that he cares for me and every other person on this planet. Now for the interesting bit. I am a cross dresser. I have been since puberty and I think I will always be. Unfortunately I have never been at ease with it and to this day still cannot come to terms with it. So as far as what your saying about the possible feminin aspect of the dream I would have to agree its possible.

Now as for the dream. I would have to say that I had a deep feeling after waking that it was a gift. I made some kind of inner connection and I have personnally felt different ever since. I feel that it put me in touch with a part of my self that may be the source great strength. To me the lion symbolized ferocity but the inner concern for those around me indicated that I still had a tender heart and did not want to be cruel. I feel that a new part of psyche has been opened up to me and that I may draw something wonderful from it. I have more confidence now than before. Where this will take me I dont know but I am eger to find out and I know that things are changed for me from now on.

Other interesting dreams that I have had are as follows:
1) Long ago before being saved. I dreamed that I was in heaven in a great mansion but was upset because I could not find my wife. I had no children yet so they did not figure into the dream.
2) Twice recently I dreamed of being in heaven and seing angels. In one of the dreams I was in a precesion of some kind. In the other I questioned my right to be there.
3) On ocasion I dream of being before freinds or coworkers and discovering that I was in a dress and become very ashamed.
4) In a recent dream I dreampt that my arm turned blue and my heart quit and I died. I was with others before I died and when I died I was unconcerned and maybe even happy.

Current concerns are:
I have not had a raise in the last two years and money has become way too short. The wife took a night job that leaves me with the kids from getting home from to work to bed time.

So there is some interesting gristle to chew on. Let me know what you think.
Chris

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Lyman Maine

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your detailed response including personal information. This provides much and greatly adds to the interpretation. Some additional thoughts follow.

Regarding your thoughts on the dream...The awakening great strength, ferocity combined with a tender heart may be related to assuming the 'mother' role to your children. These are all traits of a mother. Although women are often characterized as the 'weaker' sex, it is the deep reserves of inner strength, our fierce nature protecting and the tenderness, that come to full expression in relation to caring for our children. Could that be the inner connection you bring from this dream into consciousness?

Being the primary caretaker of your children requires you to develop and employ more typically feminine aspects/traits of nurturing, patience, gentleness, fierce protectiveness, intuition, etc possibly than you’ve been accustomed. These feminine traits may be outside your previous parenting experience yet you need to fully develop these to succeed and fulfill this new role. You look to your masculine traits to assume the leadership function yet must integrate the feminine traits.

Regarding cross dressing...who's to judge?? No expert at psychology here, by any means. I used to regularly travel to San Francisco and Los Angeles. Plenty of men there wearing traditional female garb. Nobody cared, except the homophobs and tourists as they thought of cross dressing as homosexuality. It's not. (Not that homosexuality is 'wrong' either...) It's a form of outer Self expression of the feminine within. Until post victoran age women didn't wear slacks. Off work I usuall wear jeans - 'traditional' male garb. So why have women gained in the societal dress code area while men remain relegated to the ages old standard? Societal gender bias...?

To view the dream with this possibility:
Perhaps a fear of external judgment creates a desire to take control of cross dressing, seeking the source and perhaps an external learned negative self judgment. Originating with the masculine, the mane as addressing the feminine as external. The internal remains masculine. Desiring to achieve balance of the masculine and feminine in the whole of the Psyche. Needing to also integrate and express the feminine. Possible concerns of societal recriminations/negative judgments in expressing your personal femininity. Finding that acceptance of your true nature within brings the freedom of expression so you can travel the life path as your Self.

Regarding the original interpretation, and additional dreams, at mid life stage, which you are in, our dreams begin to look over the live lived. Possibly a source of seeking a spiritual aspect to life in the conversion to born again Christian, as the spiritual becomes more prominent at this time of life. The original interpretation would apply to the deeper unconscious in Jung’s Process of Individuation. That at mid life when we begin to realize the next stages, of older age and then death, there comes a time to reconcile the life lived to foster positive change and allow the next stage to be as fulfilling as possible. In this, psychological wholeness becomes a prominent issue addressed in our dreams. The MDS site contains a great deal of information and links to mid life issues. The following links directly to the main mid life page.

Myths-Dreams-Symbols: Midlife

Hopefully the feedback stimulates additional thoughts in arriving at meaning that fits with you and your life. Thank you for your honest and detailed response.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present