Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hugging with a teacher

I came to some kind of boarding school with two of my girlfriends for few weeks.(I've had a big fight with them ,in waking life in primary school,and I was really hurt).There are very old furniture in the rooms,and we are moving it around.Later I'm lying on the bed,hugging with a young teacher,that is very handsome,he repeatedly tries to kiss me,but I elude it all the time,I'm ashamed cause two of my girlfriends are in the same room watching.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27,serbia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: hugging with a teacher

Hi Sara,

The dream may describe some negative attitudes and/or emotions that reside within you which prevent you from expressing yourself. These attitudes or emotions may have developed in youth, about the age you had the fight with the two friends, primary school age. Also, boarding school may represent some form of separation.

The teacher could be either the unconscious as the instructor or education, giving the information. Or as an authority figure in youth. Perhaps there have been repeated attempts by the unconscious to bring this to consciousness so it can be resolved and promote a healthy balance. Possibly the conscious uses escapism to avoid dealing with this issue.

Look to your life in the days preceding the dream for an event(s) where there were the similar emotions as in the dream, feelings of embarrassment or disgrace, and/or a desire to avoid something to prevent the same. This will give you a place to start, by first identifying it. Then think back to your childhood for what could be the source of those feelings/actions.

Please respond with your thoughts. I look forward to your feedback.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Kathy!
Thank you for your answer.
Maybe similar emotions as in dream I have when I'm with my friends hanging out,some inner anxiety,questions what should I do all the time.It could be commpared to this feelings of somebody watching me and being ashamed not to make a mistake. There is also a feeling in that dream of letting others do what they want with me,let two of them watch,let the teacher try to kiss me-maybe the answer is in taking charge.I could have gone out with the teacher or could have told him to stop,but instead I'm just lying there watching it all happen with just a little resistance which is more passive.But I'm not really sure how I could apply this on my waking life...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27,serbia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Sara,
Thank you for your response. I have found application comes through mindfulness. Once something comes to cosncious, in conscious thoughts, we begin to apply rational thought to the issue.

For example, some time ago I had a dream about an underdeveloped competitve aspect/trait. Simply by being aware, mindful, of this issue I began to notice situations where healthy competition was called for. (That I would not previously have engaged.) Gradually I learned to utilize rational thought to evaluate if competition is appropriate and if so, to what extent to participate, strategy to achieve desired outcome, etc.

Your situation is a common one. As children we are taught to seek approval. We can learn to repress and/or alter our thoughts and actions to gain acceptance by others, whether individuals or groups. We develop ego masks. When we do this, we move away from living our true Self to living a false life based on what we perceive others want us to be. By gradually learning to speak your own thoughts, in a rational and centered method, you begin living life on your terms.

Of course, with being your true Self, dissention and conflict can develop with established relationships. This is to be expected anytime one goes against the 'norm'...

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present