Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
End of the Road

Hi all,

Perhaps the title of this post / dream says it all - but I would be greatful for any other insights

I am driving on a road in the mountains that twists and turns. It has been cut into the side of the mountain. On the left is the high side, and on the right it drops away to a great depth.

There is a car ahead of me. Because of the twists and turns visibilty is short. - and because I catch glimpses of where the other car is, I can anticipate the road ahead and drive faster than I would normally.
The car ahead disappears and so I stop quickly - the road ahead is gone; the raod just stops and there is nothing ahead.
I assume the car ahead has crashed over the edge.
My car is tettering on the edge - balancing.
My passenger( ? female) and I get out - gently, quietly, delicately - so as not to tip the car over the edge. I squeeze past the car and back onto the road behind the car.
There are some other peiple there. The car then slides over the edge - everything I have in it (things realted to my work) is gone - but I consol myself ,,, it could easily be worse - I could have gone over the edge too; at least that is all that I have lost.

thanks
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: End of the Road

Hi Justin,
Yes, the title...and dream...speak volumes.

Of course, I know the followign is obvious to you...

Another travels the path ahead so others can see the way...keeping it in consciousness and a kind of compass, enables a more rapid ascent, the feminine aspect travels with you.

Working to gently extricate...not disrupting the current balance until the Self is safely away from the former path. Balanced on the edge...saved the Self, the other aspects are there...the loss is little in comparison to what you have gained.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Justin,
Another impression about the dream...perhaps an indication to pause and back away for the moment, to gain a better perspective before proceeding. Not yet the time for confrontation...? Maybe some hidden potential that could be brought to bear in the situation.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Hi Kathy,

I think both your interpretations are accurate and useful to me - both shed light in different ways that expand the dream's meaning for me.
Although I could understand the dream form one perspective ie: 'mine'; I knew I was too close, and wanted to get a less personal interpretation.

Your second post in particular was something I ahd not considered yet feels more on the mark; especially in my current life / working situation - if I push, proceed (and wanting to do this is so typical of me) I may 'fall' and loose it all - I had not been able to see this perspective before.

Also, in my professional life I am at a stage where I have lost 'guides' to follow - for me to advance my profession I need a new road ,,, I have come to the end of the established road ,,, so tthe dream speaks of where things stand for me career-wise. It seems to call for patience. I am standing on the road alone - to proceed is disaster.

Thanks once again
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present